Abby: "It's all Chad's fault"

I do agree that Ben was super against any male manhandling any female, It really got him worked up. I don't think he would go so far as to hurt Abby, and I truly hope he finds out soon what an evil person his father really is.

I wish Abby hadn't slept with EJ. It was a hot mess (It was hot, but nothing good came from it).

I'd like to see Ben with another woman. He and Abigail just don't have chemistry in my opinion. I was hoping that he'd end up with Melanie, and thought it would happen when she happened upon him naked, but alas, she was put with Brady.:sick:

I wouldn't mind at all if Ben gets with Theresa, or heck, if Gabi returns, they'd make a nice pair. Or even Ben & Zoe, if she can get more of a role. Just please, don't pair him up with a cougar like Eve.

Jason, you have this just a little bit wrong, it's actually:

Monday: "I HATE YOU!!"
Thursday : "OH, I GUESS YOU ARE OKAY"
Next Friday: "OH, YOU ARE CUTE"
3rd Tuesday : [IN THE SACK]
Following Thursday: "I LOVE YOU!!!"

We get the sheets going before the declaration of devotion, followed by either flashbacks or new sheet time.

When Chad told Abby he was just telling her what he wanted her to think and so on, I was convinced at the time that his Daddy Dearest, good old Stefano had ordered to sow his seed in a Horton woman, just as he had EJ, when EJ shot John and then raped Sami etc. He just acted like he had been ordered to romance, and convince Abby he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I am sorry, but to me, Chad is cocky, and arrogant. And it is very difficult for me to accept him as evidently a lot of you have, but I can still see a lot of his father's orders in what he is doing. There are a few things I do not trust what he has done, and a lot of what he has said. Oh well, the writers did not ask me what I would have written there, and if they had, not sure what I would have added, with all the things they had already written for the young couple to have to do.

I don't think who their father is, what kind of temper they have, or what they have done really matters to Abby. EJ? Chad? Ben? And then we have her attempt at Austin and her and her whatever it was with Cameron.

I'm sure he changed to serve a purpose: since James Scott and his character EJ left, they had to have someone to play the "am I good or am I bad" game. Regardless how we felt about it, the writers certainly had EJ portrayed as a man who couldn't decide whether he wanted to be a good man or a bad man, and they didn't do a very good job of making that realistic.

With this Chad, I get the same feeling - that he is conflicted about what kind of man he wants to be - but for him, at least as of this moment, it's believable. I can't figure him out - sometimes he seems like he wants to be a Dimera, sometimes he seems like he wants to be a good man, sometimes we see him acting like a Dimera when he is really trying to do a good thing... I see the EJ character all over again, but perhaps done a lot better. He hasn't done anything - yet! - that makes his attempts to be good unbelievable, and he's actually done some things that still make him a character worth rooting for, even if he has a bad streak in him.

He seems to be conflicted (or perhaps manipulative, in a way that we - or I! - don't yet understand), and it spills over into conflict for the viewer (maybe not all of us, but at least some of us)... something that many viewers simply didn't buy with EJ. Though I liked EJ in spite of himself, I personally think Chad's character development has been done in a much better way. I hope they keep it up.

I understand that, but what I liked about Chad was he was the anti-DiMera; more like Lexie than his other siblings. Did he do bad things? Sometimes, but mostly for purely selfish reasons and not to intentionally hurt anyone. He was chummy with EJ and Kristen, but not really in on their shenanigans. He was independent from the rest of his family. Since he's come back, he's become more like EJ and less like Lexie. I just don't like it.

And Abigail...She really needs to get better taste in men. I don't like Ben, either. I wish T would be around for her, but she would probably ruin him, too.

The thing with Chad is...yes, he did a whole pretend tumor thing with Abby to gain sympathy so she would be with him (remember how she could not make up her mind between Cameron & Chad?), but when he went to Boston, and then was with Stefano for a year, Stefano imparted all the wily thinking, how to manage the businesses, how to keep you plans to yourself, how family was so very important, etc. etc. He had a long time to sort of brainwash. But, Chad was still Chad, learned lessons well, especially how to keep things to himself, which he seems to do with his father. They play cat and mouse all the time.
In contrast, EJ was taken under Stefano's grip at an early age, so spent a great many more years getting the brainwashing. We saw EJ do many evil deeds before the rape of Sami, and after, as well. His arguments with himself over being evil vs. being good were small, as though he had good moments, mostly the evil won out.

Chad has really played his cards close to his chest. He does well at having Stefano believe he follows the DiMera path, we were never quite sure where he stood with Kate running DiMera Enterprises after Sami left. Yes, he was angry with EJ for his dalliance with Abby, and though he had dumped Abby for Melanie, he was angry with Abby as well. Or...maybe he was not, just pretended when he felt he had to protect her from whatever Stefano wanted from her, because it was very apparent to Chad that Stefano had an ulterior motive for wanting Chad to be with Abby.

I think Billy Flynn has done a wonderful job portraying the conflict that Chad feels, the hate he feels for the hurt he has caused Abby, which he figures is necessary to protect her. I have grown very fond of character (and I was not, in the past).

I see where you are coming from missharleyquinn, but I am glad for the change. I enjoy the character, truly wondering sometimes if he's showing his true feelings, or if there is something going on in the background that we aren't yet privy to. Makes it interesting!

Today Abby said she would rather leave the country if Chad is the father. Right after she heard Chad talk about Grace. What a sorry thing to say. As for Benny Boy, he isn't perfect, he put a tracker on her phone. Plus he is really stupid to think his daddy is now a model citizen and not a drug dealer.

Back