Actor Joe Mascolo (Stefano) died

Deaths of celebrities don't normally affect me (Robin Williams comes to mind as one of the few that has) but this one does. He was such a talented actor who had the ability to raise everyone's game he shared a scene with. Someone mentioned he didn't have much of a retirement but I think he loved to perform so much that (my speculation) he probably would have missed acting too much if he tried to retire.

I saw Joesph Mascolo's (Stefano) name is trending currently on Facebook. I literally shuddered to click the link and the suspense got my heart racing so I grabbed my phone and googled it. I am absolutely devastated and in complete shock. I don't usually feel for celebrities but I always grew up watching Stefano DiMera on TV. At least he isn't in pain anymore, bless him.

Anyone else find it kind of eerie that the day Mr. Mascolo passed was the day it came out on Days that Stefano had a terminal illness?
Reminds me of actor Josh Ryan Evans who played Timmy on Passions. His character died on the show the same day the actor died in real life, both during heart surgery. They had planned to kill the character while the actor was having his surgery, then resurrect him when the actor returned after medical leave, as a Christmas miracle.

tumblr_ohxsn18nQ51ra8safo1_500.gif

Back