Actor Joe Mascolo (Stefano) died

I wish Days would do something like Y&R did when actress Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) died in real life. They quickly gathered a bunch of the Y&R actors to sit on the set of the Chancellor mansion to reminisce about her (as themselves, not as their characters). And they showed many old clips. This was shown instead of an episode one day (or maybe two days). It was a really nice tribute.

I wish Days would do something like Y&R did when actress Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) died in real life. They quickly gathered a bunch of the Y&R actors to sit on the set of the Chancellor mansion to reminisce about her (as themselves, not as their characters). And they showed many old clips. This was shown instead of an episode one day (or maybe two days). It was a really nice tribute.

I actually watched this episode as I was interested to hear what they had to say. I remember Billy Miller seemed to commandeer the conversation. Just something that stood out to me.

Some of my earliest memories of Days are working with Joe… I was really nervous to work with him because Stefano was such a strong, intimidating character and he embodied it so well. Joe was so talented, such a generous actor and always so prepared. I learned so much from working with him. Over the years, I got to know him much better and I stopped being so nervous around him (which probably made it easier for him) but I always had a sense of awe to work with him. There wasn’t a day when he didn’t give 100 percent to his performance and his character. When I became a director at DAYS, I remember him being so proud and supportive of me. Joe made a special point of pulling me aside to say that, having watched me on the set, it really meant something to him. He was always such a kind, generous man with a fabulously wry sense of humor and a proud, strong and dedicated actor. He will be greatly missed. #RI

15338735_10154911461508489_3184689663774592159_n.jpg

I sincerely hope they do a good tribute to him, especially since he's been mentioned so very much in the last couple of episodes. It's clear he was beloved and missed by many (including us fans), and his legacy will reverberate through the series for years to come, I suspect.

Back