Actor return/different character

Days lost a lot of viewers when they went streaming. They really need to find a way to enable anyone to be able to watch. Streaming is not it.
At the very least, put Days on the free tier of Peacock and maybe a commercial-free version on the paid tier. In the same vein, they could put Days (with commercials) on the free tier later in the day (or the next day), but a commercial-free version on early in the morning, giving the paid folks earlier access to episodes.

I'm surprised that local affiliates do not offer this on their own channels or streaming channels. For example, I watch Days on the Global TV app and within their app they also have History channel, National Geographic, HGTV, etc. W Network is a channel through this and is where I am able to watch Days. Otherwise I wouldn't pay to watch Days. As it is streaming on Peacock, we wouldn't have viewing access to that in Canada.

Inasmuch as the local channels are all affiliated with the big networks, (each a different one) they would not want to go against their "boss". No idea what their contracts say, but it does seem none could show whatever shows are streaming.

What surprises me........Here in America, Corday owns Days, makes his own deals for showing. So, he has a deal with NBC, and they are the ones who decided to move the show to Peacock, and streaming.

Once upon a time, I used to be able to get Canada, and networks, whether on East Coast, Central or West Coast. Loved that........but eventually, all was taken away. (lived very rural, had a huge satellite antenna, and it did not cost me anything, tho that antenna did. It was huge, and on a pole 12 ft. high. Along came the smaller roof antennas, and it all changed drastically. No more Canada, no more east or west coast, and pay thru the nose. LOL

I’m not sure local affiliates could air the show even if they were willing. Peacock may have the exclusive rights for NBC in the U.S.

And does Peacock have any shows on the free tier that aren’t on network TV? I know other over the air networks will add some primetime shows to streaming on delay (a week later) or only the last few. This keeps it from cannibalizing their streaming service revenue as well as the revenue TV providers get from securing DVR and on-demand content rights.

The shows do cost money to produce, and over the air ad revenue alone is not enough to pay for content. This is why so much network TV content has gone to competition shows, talk, and reality TV. They are cheaper.

Or why the full-season network drama is dominated by franchises that have easier marketing (a bunch of Law & Order, Chicago blank, NCIS, CSI, Shonda Rimes productions) or shorter runs well below 20-25 episodes like they used to.

Last edited:
I'm sure they do (have exclusive rights to stream Days). Local affiliates can't just air something specifically made for a streaming service. Only the parent network can do that (like when ABC aired an episode of The Mandalorian, which was made exclusively for Disney+, or when CBS aired the first two episodes of the Frasier reboot, made exclusively for Paramount Plus, last week).

But they're owned by the same parent company. It would be on the parent company to allow it.

CBS and Paramount Plus are owned by the same parent company. ABC and Disney+ are owned by the same parent company. And NBC and Peacock are owned by the same parent company. Same with the other streaming services that are "siblings" of TV channels. Amazon Prime, AppleTV and FreeVee are a few of the streaming services not affiliated with a sibling TV network.

So what I'm saying is that if Days did some sort of special episode and NBC had a timeslot to fill, they could probably air it on regular NBC (after it dropped on Peacock). Like CBS ran those 2 episodes of the Frasier reboot the other night, and when ABC aired the pilot episode of The Mandalorian. But a local affiliate couldn't just air the episode. (just an example)

The network could make that choice, but daytime TV specials are pretty rare these days. They’d be more likely to do it in a primetime slot, which is odd for a soap. Back in the day, they had some nighttime episodes, but that was when daytime soaps had big audiences.

I know, was just using that as an example. Although earlier this year, Y&R did an anniversary special that aired in primetime (and it was fantastic). CBS is way more invested in helping Y&R and B&B succeed than NBC was with Days. I don't know how much support ABC gives to GH.

Back