Actor return/different character

If they would stop killing characters off they could let them just come back to town. No one just moves away for a job anymore. I do like Blake Berris (ex-Nick Fallon) as an actor as well so it will be nice to see him back on screen, but these execs need to figure out something better than giving them a new character. Make the writers use more creativity in the stories when an actor leaves the show so they have more options if and when they character returns.

I agree, but they have had characters leave because of job opportunities , like Will, Sonny,, Gabi, Theresa, However, they definitely overdo the death, and years later, oops, not dead.

I'm going to follow what I call the Robert Kelker Kelly rule. (I call it that because Robert Kelker Kelly played two completely different, unrelated characters on Another World during my youth, and my mom went nuts about it).

As long as he doesn't interact with Hortons or Gabi, I won't care. But this is getting ridiculous.

ON a different show (one with a budget for better direction, writing, sets, and wardrobe), this might work as a repertory company - but Days makes it look cheap and silly.

We are now seeing what happened when Corday let the fired guy have complete control of the show, while Corday ignored it all, paid no attention, concentrating on his music, or perhaps his golf, who knows? We will continue to see these travesties for the next few months, as Days films so far in advance compared to other shows. Fired guy had stories he wanted, ordered writers what to write, ordered sets destroyed, or redone. Whatever drastic changes we are seeing...the fired guy had the freedom to order done.

I don't think Corday was at the Q&A and I have only found pieces of the cast interviews from yesterday.

And I don't know if Corday was interviewed like cast members were with journalists. We'll see later.

And Corday hasn't said anything about fired guy since this happened and hardly any of the cast members have either.

Days makes it look cheap and silly.
This! They act like it’s cute or interesting and make little wink-wink references as if we’re loving it. We’re enduring it. They’re just milking the contract players until their time runs out. And then what? Is there a plan? Are they signing people up to the same kinds of contracts they did for network?

I’d hoped over time the show could take advantage of the new platform and revenue model to put more money into each episode, not less. Soaps are definitely a dying genre on network TV, which is itself contracting and dying in many ways. It was only a matter of time before cancellation there, so I know the move to Peacock was a Hail Mary. But this could have been so much better if someone took charge and swung for the fences.

Change the format. Move off daily and do series runs with a set number of episodes dropped at intervals (like the reality TV that’s replacing soapy drama) several times per year. Then, maybe you can line up Jen Lilley or others for 6-12 hour-long episodes with tight, Beyond Salem-like story arcs before letting them go back to all the other things they like. Focus on a few well-plotted, interesting stories with familiar characters and higher quality.

As long as the daily show gets cheaper and cheaper, it’s a downward spiral that gets more unwatchable. The writers are wandering through half-brained stories in reaction to the latest casting upheavals. Maybe they had too much backstage drama and incompetence to take advantage of the opportunity, but the cheapness is getting sadder and sadder. I missed the whole week because I was traveling, and I’m not sure I want to catch up to watch Gwen be Theresa because they can’t afford proper recasting or to see half the town living in tiny apartments while allegedly helming multimillion dollar empires.

Last edited:
I do think Blake Berris (Nick) is a great actor, but using the same actors for different roles is getting stale and uninspired. There is only so much we can accept with these recasting decisions. Hard enough to accept all the SORASing (eg., Holly and Tate).

Some of us said the same thing about Mike Manning (Charlie Dale0). We thought he was a terrific actor and could easily have been recast as another character; however, casting or recasting with previous actors has been done to death (pun intended).

All that being said, I wish Blake well with his new role and interested to see how it plays out.

Well, at least he doesn't go out a door as Nick and back in as the new guy. We will have had a some time between the characters. Wonder if the new guy has any heart shaped pillows? (If I'm thinking of the right character.)

LOL, uh...., yes you got the right guy.

Currently, what we are seeing was written, filmed under fired guy.........and this will continue for a few more months. They won't discard or reshoot any episodes done under his control.......too expensive. It sure does seem like he was attempting to change Days completely, make it HIS ideas, fantasy, thoughts, or whatever. He seemed to be changing the personalities and traits of various characters. And unless there is someone behind the scenes who doesn't care, is leaving the genre.......NO ONE is gonna spill any beans, give any info, etc. Heck, it is very noticable how an actor who just mentioned unhappiness behind the scenes on set, was put way wayyyyy on the back burner.

We probably will have to wait til mid-Jan/Feb to see any changes.

I am grateful and say kudos to those who hung in, doing the best they could of uncomfortable situation.

I haven't watched the show since they switched to streaming. I haven't kept up with the characters or the stories either. But this headline caught my eye and the only thing that came to mind is that I don't think I could ever watch this actor again without seeing the dreadful heart pillow. It's probably just as well that I'm no longer able to watch.

Back