Actor return

Well, they liked the actor and since Victoria Konefal (Ciara) only wants to pop in for short visits, that gave Ben nothing to do when she wasn't on the show. It's definitely the shortest turn-around time on an actor playing a different part, though.

Ben had his moments; I think some of it went downhill when he and Ciara were all about the bed.

I don't approve of actors leaving and playing other parts, it is too distracting. They did this on General Hospital, killing off Roger Howarth's character of Franco and having him return as Austin. Just wore his hair differently. Even if they give Robert Scott Wilson a moustache or pony tail, whatever they do to him, we will see him as Ben.

They did this on General Hospital, killing off Roger Howarth's character of Franco and having him return as Austin. Just wore his hair differently
And that was his third (or fourth?) GH character. But back to Days...

I think Robert Scott Wilson (ex-Ben) did a great job as the unravelling psycho and a fine if unnecessary job as the recovering/worrying ex-mass-murderer.

But since he's been paired with Ciara, his range has been limited, and his stories have destroyed entire families.

Unless they use makeup, a blonde wig, and a goatee for the first two months, it will just feel like Ben moved into the Kmansion, and it will be moronic.

Also, Justin is barely used, both of Alex's moms are dead, Victor is ailing/barely on screen, and I have no use for additional Bonnie scenes where the point is initial anger at Bonnie and then beloved acceptance of the convict.

I mean, if the same actress can play both Adrienne Kiriakis and Bonnie Lockhart, I'm sure ole Robert Scott Wilson can play both Ben and Alex. I guess the question is will Alex get fun outfits to set him apart from Ben? Just going from experience with this production team. Also see Kristen vs Susan for reference.

Will they make Robert wear crazy pants?

In the case of Judi Evans playing both Adrienne and Bonnie, Adrienne was gone from Salem for quite a while before the actress returned as Bonnie, a new character.

Eileen Davidson playing Kristen, Susan, Sister Mary Moira, Thomas and Penelope Kent was the writers trying something different back in the 90s, which got resurrected after Eileen Davidson returned in 2012, later carried on by Stacy Haiduk.

Having Robert Scott Wilson play Ben and now Alex isn't anything new for Days. It's just the fastest turn-around with a brand new character.

We've had Josh Taylor as Chris Kositchek and Roman Brady. Wayne Northrop as original recipe Roman and Alex North. Tamara Braun as Ava, then Taylor Walker, then back to Ava. Scott Shilstone as Zack Brady (with Hope meeting a grown Zack in a dream) then he returned as Wyatt, a guy Ciara briefly dated, and recently did an episode of Beyond Salem 2 as Zack again in heaven. Judi Evans as Adrienne and Bonnie. Paul Telfer as Damon (one of Victor's henchmen) and later as Xander. Kyle Lowder as Brady Black and now Rex Brady. Staci Greason played Isabella and later returned as a demon from hell. Brandon Barash took over the role of Stefan DiMera, who was killed off, and came back as his unknown twin, Jake Lambert. James Luisi played Duke Johnson and his twin Earl Johnson.

Then you have the actors who did double-duty playing twins or lookalikes: Deidre Hall as Marlena, Samantha (Marlena was dreaming/hallucinating a conversation with Samantha one time and Deidre played both twins) and Hattie. Charles Shaughnessy as Shane and Drew. Thaao Penghlis as Tony and Andre. Camilla Moore and Carey Moore (real twins) played twins Gillian and Grace Forrester. Then Carey left and Camilla took over the role of Grace after Gillian went to prison. Robert Kelker-Kelly played Bo and a lookalike named Mitch hired by Lawrence to impersonate Bo. Alison Sweeney as Sami, and Colleen Brady in flashbacks. James Scott as EJ, and Santo DiMera in flashbacks. Galen Gering as Rafe and Arnold Finnegar, a/k/a Fake Rafe. Kristian Alfonso as Hope, Gina the amnesiac and Princess Gina.

I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Yes I second JS's point that it's the quick turnaround with this one that smacks of the biggest oddity/most favoritism/bizarre choice.

When Bonnie appeared first, I had to explain to about a dozen people who Adrienne was. The majority of soap viewers (not soap board posters) are short term.

I'm wondering if Ben & Ciara's rabid online fans will flock to Alex; that will be the true test, since their accolades feed Ron's ego.

And that was his third (or fourth?) GH character. But back to Days...

I think Robert Scott Wilson (ex-Ben) did a great job as the unravelling psycho and a fine if unnecessary job as the recovering/worrying ex-mass-murderer.

But since he's been paired with Ciara, his range has been limited, and his stories have destroyed entire families.

Unless they use makeup, a blonde wig, and a goatee for the first two months, it will just feel like Ben moved into the Kmansion, and it will be moronic.

Also, Justin is barely used, both of Alex's moms are dead, Victor is ailing/barely on screen, and I have no use for additional Bonnie scenes where the point is initial anger at Bonnie and then beloved acceptance of the convict.
Yes, Jason, I believe at least three characters on GH.

To your point, yes, Robert Scott Wilson as Ben was great during that particular story line but got dumbed down when with Ciara.

Agree with the rest of your comments. Since several characters just left, can't they afford to hire another new actor?

I mean, if the same actress can play both Adrienne Kiriakis and Bonnie Lockhart, I'm sure ole Robert Scott Wilson can play both Ben and Alex. I guess the question is will Alex get fun outfits to set him apart from Ben? Just going from experience with this production team. Also see Kristen vs Susan for reference.

Will they make Robert wear crazy pants?
Hmmm, forgot about that, DaysLady!

I can't say "where there's a "will," there's a way, since this is not about Will, but about Ben/Alex. Still don't understand the rationale behind the casting, and no offense to Robert Scott Wilson (Ben/Alex), he is a fine actor, but this concept can sink or swim. Will it even be acknowledged that he looks like Ben? We wil soon find out.

Back