Actor return

Can’t they make him a twin or something? He JUST left. And what if they want to bring Ben back? Who is in charge of this mess?
Maybe we'll learn that Anjelica Deveraux was secretly Clyde and Jordan's mother and faked her death (when "Jordan 'killed' her" - I still don't buy it) and thus Alex can be a magic half-paternal twin of Ben's. LOLOL.

It marks the end of Ben's character unless Alex is a temporary thing, which is annoying. They'd built a critical story around him for years. His redemption arc is one of the few decent things they've written. It seems clear they're not playing this as if the characters look alike. I have whiplash, and I don't appreciate the wink-wink meta reference to the necktie killer. They contorted the writing just to land that unfunny joke, and it made Alex seem unhinged.

I go back to: what kind of circus is this? These executive decisions are ridiculous.

Alex was definitely on overdrive. No idea if it was supposed to make Alex different from the Ben character, or if that is how the Alex character is supposed to be, but it needs to get toned down.

The difference is the doppelgängers (Bonnie, Susan, etc) were introduced as doppelgängers. Alex can’t be a doppelgänger.
Based on his appearance so far, Alex is more like a DOPElganger. He comes off as a jerk, why bother having this character on now with everything going on? No offense to the actor, but Alex is an unnecessary addition to the cast.

Back