Actress coming

What matters a lot is the writing, and perhaps directing, and (in my opinion) many characters have suffered from both currently. Characters played by original actors have, at times, just not been themselves, and with their super fast shooting schedule, their are no rehearsals, actors are left on their own to interpret and act what they are given.

So, won't fault the actors. In the end, it is NBC & Sony who have cheated the viewers by their huge reductions in their contracts with the show.

Many have noted that Marlena would never have urged Eric to go after a very married Sarah. Nor would Maggie be advising her newly married daughter to still go for Eric. That is the writing! There is obvious chemistry between Rex and Chloe, yet not even a glimmer of trying to put them together. And then.......Brady having sex with fake Nicole, his hands all over her face and neck, and he doesn't disturb the mask or feel any difference in her skin. Egads! Plus fake Nicole not only sleeps in that thing, but takes a shower!!!!

Ryan Quan has been writing for Days for 8 years, & headwriter Ron for two years now. Should they both not know the characters better, or are they all there in the writing/directing rooms devoid of common sense?

I completely agree that the writing and direction play a big part in what we see and how a character is portrayed. But in this case, if you didn't know Stacy Haiduk was playing Kristen, you'd think those episodes were part of some weird Y&R crossover and the character of Patty Williams (from Y&R) was in Salem. She plays them exactly the same.

That's why I was explaining that her portrayal of Kristen is nearly identical to her portrayal of Patty Williams on Y&R, instead of just making a random comment without any context, especially for those who don't watch Y&R.

I suppose then, maybe only those who also watch Y&R would see any similarity. Would not matter to most. Some folks say John Wayne always just played John Wayne, no matter what the movie was about. LOL

I remember when GL went off the air, and Days on and off had various actors from that show. Can't say I ever thought they were playing the character the same as their GL character (currently, Kassie DePaiva, Eve , used to be on GL). But back then, different writers and certainly directing and rehearsals were the norm.

I think the biggest mistake Days' "powers that be" could have made is letting Sheri Anderson go. Don't know whether they fired her, or she quit, but the character continuity she brought as consultant would have made a difference in many characters.

Some characters just can't successfully be played by a different actor or actress. Vivian is one of them. That would be like trying to have someone else play Stefano or Victor. Nope, isn't going to work for me.

OK, I admit that I'm not buying the new Kristen either.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Yes yes, a thousand times yes, to all you said!
It's like watching a different soap!

This version is just a hot crazy mess.
I agree, but I think they've written her that way to play to the actress's skills. Frankly I think she could play it the way Eileen did, if it were written that way. She was quite versatile on Superboy. (Also everyone is a cartoon character lately, no room for sophistication there.)

I also agree with your comment that this seems like a crossover, even though we know it isn't, because I can recall parts of her Y&R story from my nursing facility days.

So far, not confirmed as to her character. I understand why the show won't spill.........too many viewers begin posting opinions on good or bad idea before the fact.........They don't know storyline, how it will be played, nothing, but voice all sorts of negative statements. However, it getting awful close to "appearance" time so am surprised Days has not released a statement yet, or a short interview.

I don't think I've ever seen Robin Strassser in anything, but have heard/read good things about her acting.

Robin Strasser could be the best actor in the world, but for me only one actor, Louise Sorrel is Vivian Alamain. I do not want to "pretend" it's the same character.

I can't stand watching the new Kristen either. It's annoying enough for me that it's hard to pay attention to the storyline when she is on.

For a recast out of everyone out there, if we had too, I think Stacy Haiduk (Kristen) is doing a fab job especially when it comes to imitating Susan on key. Not just anyone can do it and it wasn't just thrown together. I just thought she should get some praise. But I understand. Some people prefer Julie Pinson's version of Billie over even the original Lisa Rinna. Depends on the person I guess. Hard shoes to fill regardless.

Back