Actress leaving after 13 years on show

This time it sounds like she's leaving forever
Hmmmmm, where have I heard this before?

JPI_dool102810ka_520346-e1651507774108.jpg

I will miss her. Can't believe she has been on all those years. Wonder if her story line will wrap up with Stefan vs a recast. I can't see her being recast, but never say never. Wish her all the best.

Sometimes people who leave long-running roles end up doing well, like Molly Burnett (Melanie), who had success with Queen of the South and is now a cast member on Law & Order: SVU.

Other times, the person's career tanks.

Time will tell.

I think it's a bummer but they really have dropped the ball with Gabi and wasted what the actress offers. We never really see the Gabi that was so good with JJ and the Gabi who has a great relationship with Will. No kids around mean we never get that side. I will still stop for a scene with Rafe though because we get a little of her softer side. She really has chemistry with everyone and she also has great comic timing that isn't used.

I could totally see her in a funny Hallmark type movie with the right people and writers and I wouldn't be shocked to see her using those connections. It sounds like she doesn't really want to get into a series. Good luck to her.

She may have come to Days 13 yrs. ago, but she quit twice during that time period, so was gone for a while both times. This is her 3rd time now, but she has filmed episodes that will go into Fall.

I thought it was Hallmark channel! I have seen several of Days actors there, but admittedly, not lately. Am glad they get a chance to do other things during their off times.........and they all have them. We don't see an actor for a couple weeks, maybe a month or so, then bingo, there they are.

Her best scene was with Kate and Sami when they were pulling the “dead” body of Nick out of the river and he started grabbing at them, shocking the heck out of them. That was too funny.
That was a great scene and memorable plot. I can still picture Nicky desperately splashing about in the icy Salem River. These days, all Gabi does in lie in bed with Zero, helping him in the absurd fight with EJ. No wonder the actress is looking for greener pastures.

Last edited:
Ah...the problems one runs into when trying to make two different series out of one show, using the same actors and actors in both, running both series at same time..........then having to delete one of the series, and mish-mosh the planned stories for it into the one that's left. A recipe for disaster, but still served up to the loyal viewers.

Back