Actress returns again

Who says she will be around for a while? The article didn't mention contract status or the length of her run.
Alison Sweeney (Sami) said in an interview that her last story was soooo good, she had been nervous beforehand, then it turned out so well........and THIS is another really good story. So, if she is talking "a story", would guess it doesn't mean a day or two.

Sami is supposed to be living in CA. Bugged me no end that she leaves CA, somehow sends her kids to Switzerland to Carrie & Austin (!!!:confused:), then visits Salem, staying for an extended period, nearly getting her recently risen from the dead son killed in the process of trying to get him to remember HER!

Would you really send your kids to a far off, foreign country, while you went to visit FAMILY in your own country? No matter what Sami thinks of how she was raised, she, herself, is a lousy mother, for sure.

So, now, she will be leaving her children again, is my guess. As it is, I think they go to boarding school anyway.

When Will died and she came home to Salem without the kids (they were with a nanny) and stole the money from DiMera Enterprises, she then went on her "scavenger hunt" around the globe with the kids to find EJ. When Marlena called her to say Will might be alive, she took the kids to Switzerland so they could stay with Carrie and Austin while she came home to look into the claim.

Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed for that :)
She is not the problem: it's the way the character continues to be written. I guess the writers all think we like a grown woman who acts like a screaming spoiled brat. Maybe we should scream some at the writers to write Sami to be a kinder, softer, quitter person. A little wisdom wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the length of time since the "incident" happened and Sami's return, I suspect she'll either have a baby in tow, or be *very* heavily pregnant.

Here's a great soapy trope storyline: She goes into labor, while in Horton town square, both Hope and Rafe are there. Rafe delivers the baby, Hope assists by wrapping the baby in a white tablecloth from the nice restaurant there where Tripp works (can't remember if the place has a name), and is about to hand the baby to Sami, or hands it to Rafe, and Sami (with an almost apologetic look) says "Rafe, say hi to your [son or daughter]". Cue the da-duh music, shocked looks on Rafe and Hope's faces, and cut to black. On a Friday show.

Personally, that could be *awesome*, if we want Sami on the landscape for longer and they SORAS the kids so that they're the new "teen scene" or if we want Rafe to disappear, because Sami has to go back to raise the kids there, where they are still the appropriate ages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you really send your kids to a far off, foreign country, while you went to visit FAMILY in your own country? No matter what Sami thinks of how she was raised, she, herself, is a lousy mother, for sure.
Of course Sami would ship her kids off to a foreign country. This is the same woman who used the Pub as a day-care center. After all, Sami has more important things to do than mundane child-rearing. She has to spend her stolen DiMera millions, search the world for her long-lost EJ, and proclaim herself Salem's best mother. And if anyone ever challenged her parenting skills, Sami could always claim that she was a far better mother than Kate (noting the often dysfunctional Lucas and bumbling Billie), Jenny (with her one-time delinquent son and a schizophrenic daughter), Maggie (who never mentioned her real children, but gushed over egg-baby Dr. McScruffy), and Marlena (who ruined Sami's life by trysting with John Black, brought the hated Carrie into her world, and gave birth to Salem's own dark cloud, sourpuss Eric).

No matter what Sami thinks of how she was raised, she, herself, is a lousy mother, for sure.
At least Marlena and Roman were held prisoner, which is a pretty good excuse for not being there, for much of her youth. And she was at least left with her loving grandparents for a few years. (Though it might have been only a few months if not for the magic of SORAS.)
if there is no Rafe spawn with her
Bonus points if she also had a fling with Lucas in rehab, and now she's pregnant with another Lucas/Sami baby, which she hands over and leaves forever.

Last edited:
I'm really tired of the Sami bashing on this board. Just sayin.
When you add "Just saying" to a comment, you are not being accountable to what you are really saying. You want to say something but don't want to own it. You are free to voice your opinion on any character that you like or don't like but just because you do not like the opinions of others in a character that you like, doesn't mean people have to back off on how they feel about that character.

I don't like Julie and I will bash Julie in the same way that others may bash Sami. Just because someone may agree or disagree with me, I couldn't care less because it just that, my opinion. No just saying here, just my opinion.

I personally couldn't care less if Sami comes back or not, there are just certain storylines that I do not want her in, like being pregnant again and Days turning into the Sami show again. I appreciate the history and legacy of her character.

There are plenty of boards that worship Sami both alone and with her rapist, and overall I find this one very neutral and well-balanced. My issue with Sami is how big a deal they make of each return, how much story they devote to her, while other actors wait in the wings for her to leave once again.

They have a dozen actors who want to be on Days, and they keep courting someone who doesn't want to be on the show for more than a few episodes. The good news is that each time she returns, I see more dislike for her around the web, which makes subsequent returns much less likely.

And that is me, too. Huge Sami fan, until that grief sex, compounded by her actually marrying the man who had raped her at one time.

Subsequent writers could have "fixed" it, she was overcome with grief and worry, was in a daze, and just dropped it. But they did not. No, they could not let it go, and had her drooling about him long after his death, and really acting irrationally, (dragging those kids all over Europe, sheesh). But not fair to take all the screen time when she does appear. And this last time did the character no favors.

Heck, I like the actress, have enjoyed her in the couple of Hallmark movies she was in, one or two prime time shows.....but on Days, the characters of Sami has not gone over well ever since "that" episode, when Johnny disappeared.

It is NOT the actress, tis the character. Just like Eric. Heck, I love the actor, like the character, but many don't like his usually somber demeanor. Doesn't bother me, but again......that is the writers' giving him that sort of material. Daniel, liked the actor, but the character ...heck, they went overboard on the show with the gushing over him, could do no wrong, such a saint, etc. etc.

Back