Aiden/Chase

I think the writers were prepared to go a different direction but some things didn't go there way and so they decided to make Chase the "killer". I think if we start seeing spoilers that Bo is returning, then Aiden will be the killer.

I wonder where this story goes now? The only person that cares one way or the other about Meredith's death is Bree and no one really listens to her.

At this point in time, I'm buying Aiden's version of the shooting. That said, the writers could throw in something at a later to change what really happened when they need history revised. It is as if history is there to be rearranged at any moment if it fits the needs of the current writers of Days.

Perhaps Bree was in love with Meredith and just grasping for a reason so. Maybe Meredith didn't feel the same and Bree and just wants Aiden to suffer....or really going out there would be Chase is really Bree's son...nah ....and now I have only had a red soda:wine: and feel like I am talking nonsense ...so in the words of Gilda Radner's "Emily Litella"

images

Something I thought of about that "flashback" that doesn't add up. How would Aiden know what happened downstairs before he actually came downstairs just when the shot went off? Is he like Celeste or is the flashback not really what happened but only what Aiden thinks happened before the shooting?

I had thoughts on this. But Just Samantha is correct that this was "poorly written".
The fact that this was so poorly written makes the thoughts I had irrelevant.

I will say this though... Why all the lies and cover up if you are such a good attorney/lawyer Aiden? Couldn't you have done this more legally? Wouldn't this have helped the child heal better than his dad lying to him for years? just sayin...

Chase would've never gotten in trouble for what happened. He was barely more than a toddler and it was a tragic accident. Aiden wanted to keep Chase from ever knowing/remember that HE was the reason his mother was dead. No child would want to live with that.

Yes, exactly. Do it legally while the child is still a toddler. Get it in the past and the child never has to know/remember. Now the lies are all coming out and the child will find out. Seems really stupid to me to lie and cover up. Well, stupid for a supposedly "good" attorney.

Plus, it would've been huge news and people would've talked about it, kids would've heard about it. Whispers of "you know that Jennings kid killed his mother, right?" or "be careful if you invite Aiden's kid to Susie's birthday party... after all, he did kill his own mother." Or older kids telling younger kids "don't make little Chase Jennings mad or he might kill you like he did his mom".

Eventually someone would bring it up around him or mention it directly to him.

There is absolutely no way Aiden could've kept Chase from finding out.

Back