An overwhelming need to slug Laura

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Good grief, Laura is a witch. If anyone has deserved to be slapped back to where she came from, it's Laura. She knows nothing about Chad. She has no right to go off on him. Chad needs to build a trap door so when Laura, Jenn or anyone comes and thinks they are going to chew him out over Abby, he can just flush them to the alligators. I'd be happy to provide the alligators.

:clap::clap::clap:

Here, here, Sarahbeth. I do admit that I have not watched yesterday's or today's Days yet, but Laura has always annoyed me. I like that the history of the character is back, but she has always bugged me and her treatment of Chad, from what I've read, is right up there with hypocritical Julie, clueless Doug, do as I say not as I do because I am perfect, JJ, and Jennifer.

At what point are these characters, and a few more, going to show some humility and realize that Chad is not your typical DiMera and has only Abby's best interest at heart? I would love to see some of these characters just admit that their opinion of Chad is merely based upon other experiences with DiMeras. None of them have had negative experiences with Chad in the way that they have had with Andre, Stefano, Kristen, EJ.

I'm off my soapbox and getting back to Laura. I'm really curious to know if Julie and Laura had a "DARLING" knockdown, in who could say this the most. :)

I can understand Laura's skepticism of Chad. Unfortunately for him, he is being judged by what Stefano did to the people of Salem. I do have to wonder, however, where Laura was when Abigail dated Chad years ago, where she was for the better part of a year when Abigail had Chad's baby, then married him. Her concern should have come long before now. I have nothing against Jamie Lyn Bauer (Laura), but I would LOVE to see Susan Flannery back as Laura.

I hope they address that it was Marlena who suggested Shady Oaks and who looked at Abby's file, etc. Let Marlena snap Laura back into place by asking her where she was when Abby needed a doctor.

Close - Marlena said she believed Abby had PTSD and suggested outpatient therapy, and Shady Hills if that wasn't successful. Chad decided to skip the outpatient therapy & put her into Shady Hills of his own volition.

Back to topic: Laura has a very bad history with the DiMeras - everything Stefano, Peter and Kristen put her through has scarred her, so it stands to reason she's a bit wary of anyone with that last name. She's wrong, I'll admit, but there is a valid reason for her skepticism.

I get the bad history, but she's spent a total of 10 minutes MAX with him. And his wife just died. I'm getting really annoyed with the lack of sympathy and empathy Abby's family has (except for JJ today). After all that he'd been through, being accused of murder, almost being killed, having to save Abby and his son, his father was murdered (whatever Stefano was and whatever he did, that was his dad) and then Abby goes crazy. He has no family (except that barrel of crazy, Andre). People could be more understanding.

KathyLu hit it right - where was Laura when Abigail needed support, when she got married, when she had the baby, through all of this. And now that he has that "barrel of crazy" (I think that needs to be trademarked) as his only relative (besides Theo, but he's just a kid), Chad deserves some understanding.

Wary is understandable (I remember those storylines too), but outright condemnation is not. Laura is engaging in the classic sins of the father visited upon his son thing.

Besides, Salem needs to seriously lightspeed making the DiMera name legit, so that Deimos can get down to the business of making the Kiriakis name really dirty again.

Kate DID tell Laura off about how she berated a grieving man, but yes, Laura went way overboard. But she did mention how she badmouthed Chad to Abby, when Abby told of her engagement to him. And how Abby stood up for Chad.........but then Laura spoiled it all, accusing Chad of turning into his father.

Close - Marlena said she believed Abby had PTSD and suggested outpatient therapy, and Shady Hills if that wasn't successful. Chad decided to skip the outpatient therapy & put her into Shady Hills of his own volition..
Chad chose Shady Hills by Marlena's suggestion after Abby stabbed Ben, tied him to the bed, poured lighter fluid on him and set him on fire. All with Thomas in the house. Then she had a psychological break completely blocking out what happened. Marlena is hugely responsible for suggesting Shady Hills as Chad took the advice of a well respected medical professional. I would like Laura to go chew out Marlena and have Marlena dress her down.

I love Laura, but coming back to tell us what we already know is such a let down, as is joining in on heaping crap onto poor Chad.

What I would have made me squee with delight is her coming to say she'd seen Peter Blake somewhere and he had with him a girl about Abby's age/height/stature. She hated him most of all (with good reason), so it'd be an awesome throwback. But I know, it's Peter so it'll never happen.

Andre would have known of course, having sent Abby to Peter for safekeeping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen Days much over the last few months but I will say this, Chad is 100% more of a good guy than 80% of those Hortons. Alice and Tom were the only really good guys representing that family. If Chad gets this kind of treatment, then I need to see ALL the living Hortons who are actively on the show get whats coming to them by way of the law. Oh, right, that won't ever happen.

Never liked the Peter Blake character, was glad he was gone. And honestly, was glad no one ever spoke of him. However, I am glad that the show remembers it's history at least. In Laura's case, he was gaslighting her, so if it were me, I would not ever want to see the man out of jail.

But now we have vengeful Clyde, and even more vengeful Orpheus yapping about what they would do to those they feel deserve their wrath.

It's a good thing that Laura seems to be leaving Salem after spouting her nonsense about Chad. If she stuck around, Kate might be in danger of losing her title as the biggest witch in Salem. It also would have served her right if Ghost Stefano had suddenly appeared in the DiMansion library to hit her with a few of his pointed remarks and rolled "r's." E.g., "This is rrridiculous. You are incredibly rrrude. Jennifer Deveraux gets all her crazy traits from you, yes? And how dare you talk about my fine son. You were a bad wife, a bad mother, a bad grandmother and are unfit to be Thomas's great-grandmother."

Back