Another actress returning

I don't want Jade to be Joy either but this could be very similar to how Paige was introduced. She was on for a quite a while before they connected her to Eve and then later Eduardo and the Hernandez clan. These lazy writers can easily go the Jeannie T route to explain the name change and different attitude.

If she is not Joy, I still wouldn't put it past the show to make her Deimos' or Andre's kid. I'd prefer that over Ava's kid.

Nancy & Craig Wesley purposely got pregnant & had the baby in order to save Chloe's life. That was why she was called Joy. There have been references to her over the years...a couple times when Nancy visited, when Chloe would call her parents, etc. They had moved to NY, where Craig was Chief of Staff at a hospital there. Joy was with them every time they were mentioned.

There would have been NO way the couple would have given up Joy, not after what they went thru with Chloe. (Nancy had given her up for adoption, but Chloe was moved from foster home to foster home, but eventually Nancy found her. Plus Nancy was unsure of bio father, until tests proved Craig was the father. They already had Chloe living with them when that happened.

They already had Chloe living with them when that happened.
They didn't find out Chloe was Craig's daughter until Joy was born. I remember Craig going into Nancy's room to say their daughters were going to be fine and Nancy was confused as to what he meant. Then he explained that a DNA test showed that Chloe was his daughter, after all.

This has to be after Joy was born, because I remember Craig going into Nancy's hospital room to say that both of their daughters were going to be OK. Both Craig and Nancy started crying after he told her he was Chloe's father.

I think Joy had to stay in the hospital for a little bit after she was born and that's why she wasn't there.

Edited to add: unless this all happened right before Joy was born and Nancy was pregnant in that clip. But I do remember Craig going into a hospital room (with Nancy in a hospital bed) when he told her that he was Chloe's father.

Craig was found to be Chloe's father BEFORE Nancy ever got pregnant with Joy. Chloe developed leukemia, so Craig & Nancy decided to try and have another child in order to provide a bone marrow transplant for Chloe. Nancy got pregnant, had the baby, and it all worked out. The baby was able to provide bone marrow, Chloe got better, Joy was fine.

Here's the recap from that period of time. Nancy was pregnant with Joy (and in the hospital with a health crisis) when Craig discovered he was Chloe's father.

http://soapcentral.com/days/recaps/2002/index.php

September 23 to 27, 2002 - Nancy and Craig learned that they were about to become parents.
November 25 to 29, 2002 - Craig was shocked and ecstatic to learn that he was Chloe's biological father. Nancy had another health episode.
December 23 to 27, 2002 - Nancy, Craig, and Chloe had reason to celebrate as Nancy's condition improved, and Craig announced that he was Chloe's biological dad.
Joy was born in March/2003.

That last part of the clip is a completely different day, and I think the pic is being taken before Nancy has the baby (which they know is a girl) so they can show it to her later on in her life.

So where did the speculation/idea start that Jade maybe Joy? She is Craig and Nancy Wesley's daughter, Chloe's little sister. It has been mentioned several times that Jades father is a judge, but on the other hand that could be a cover and she could be an adult posing as a teenager. In my opinion there is still something mighty fishy with this character. Probably an eye roller since, (for almost a year) the writers have been on a roll with stupid, dead end, useless stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was purely speculation nothing more.

Nancy was still pregnant when Craig went into her hospital room with the DNA results about Chloe. Pretty sure she was on bed rest towards the end of her pregnancy with Joy. Nancy got angry at first thinking the test was about Joy and then Craig explained it was about Chloe. I think this was a Christmas episode or around that timeframe.

You know, I have nearly all of the episodes I wrote for Early Edition, just that back then, I only wrote once a week......however, I was looking at a few, certainly miss the way Days showed families celebrating holidays back then.....compared to today. So...just for nostalgia sake...I happened to have to write the Christmas episode in 2002......Will post it in our Days in the Past forum...

Back