Another possible return?????

The only one I have read is for sure coming back is Freddie Smith (Sonny) and all the rest has seemed to be speculation on the Chandler Massey (ex-Will) issue. I have only seen that I think from fans and not even from the magazines and such. Unless I see something from Jason I wouldn't believe it lol.

It was his former publicist who supposedly "leaked" a return. For all we know, Chandler Massey (Will) could've just visited Freddie Smith (Sonny) or someone else on the set.

I have no desire to see a reincarnated Will on Days. Maybe as a new character who first catches Sonny's eye because he resembles his deceased husband.

First we're told "once they're dead, they're dead" now all we hear is "guess who's coming back?" I am getting totally discouraged with my dear "Days". I'll ask the writers, "How much more of your baloney are we supposed to take?"

Corday talks just to hear his own voice. We should all know by now not to believe anything he says. Letting Chandler Massey (Will) get away, especially by firing him, was a colossal "cut off your nose to spite your face" gag Corday did to himself and the show.

The thing is.....We, the viewing public, saw someone inject Steve's IV with a drug.....it slows your heartrate down so you appear dead (Yes, I read this as details in a few books, too). So, the fact his coffin was switched was no surprise, most folks knew he was still alive, just did not know "who" did it, who had him. So it was always known he was still alive, which of course had all the Steve/Kayla fans waiting with hopeful hearts for his return.

As to Will, I thought Will went to California with Sami AFTER he & Sonny were married. He had already written his piece on Paul, thus was asked to write the script for the movie on Sami's life or whatever. In CA, he was distant, would not call Sonny, or answer his calls, or texts, or rarely did. After he got fired, & came home dejected, then we learn he cheated on Sonny in CA.

The viewers knew it but the families didn't. Remember Kayla was already a nurse when Steve "died" and even with his background and the people Steve dealt with, Kayla wasn't written to ever suspect that the "death" wasn't real. I'm not saying they will or even should write a Will return like this. I just threw this out there as a possibility. We're talking about a show that managed to find a way of explaining almost everyone "dying" and ending up held hostage on an island somewhere so "tinkering" with Will's story wouldn't be anything new at all.

And while it may mean that Will and Sonny aren't married, that's not a new idea, either. Remember Steve and Kayla's first wedding on the boat? It turned out that wasn't legal and they remarried. It was their second wedding when Jack stopped Harper Devereaux from shooting Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing back the dead is an example of the writers having their cake and eating it too. By killing a character, they get to write a dramatic death scene, the post-mortem anguish and repercussions, and later on, the fond memories of the bereaved for their lost significant other. Then, when the moment is right, and the writers need new material, the "dead" character returns under some absurd scenario. (Just once, I'd like to see the explanation that the fools at University Hospital make a mistake.) Instead, why don't TPTB simply post a notice at the start of the show stating that killing off (fill in the name) was a big mistake and that the character is returning as if nothing had happened. (This brings to mind a spoof of the old title of a series of old Reader's Digest articles (New Hope for (specified ailment)), which was entitled "New Hope for the Dead.")

When I wrote of what happened to Steve (the injection) I was trying to show how EJ was DEAD, and the injection he got did not mean a thing the way it worked with Steve.

I believe Chandler Massey (Will) wanted to go to college, which is why he was choosing to leave, and I do believe that is exactly what he is doing. In an interview last summer he admitted making a huge mistake by not telling his employers first that he was leaving at the end of his contract. Instead he "told others", which was not at all the thing to do. That is what he said. He is currently going to college, studying economics.

Re: Chandler Massey (ex-Will), I believe he made the "announcement" he was leaving Days during a press conference or something right after he won the Emmy that year. He hadn't informed Corday about it yet but I think he figured he would be able to ride out his contract which at the time had about 5-6 months left. Instead the show made the decision to cut him after the next 13 week cycle, which is their prerogative to do. Some have speculated also that the Will/Sonny wedding was already in the works at this point and therefore they wanted to have a new actor in place a few months prior for that as opposed to bringing in a new guy right after the wedding which is what would have happened given their taping schedule.

As to Massey coming back to the show, I'll believe it when I see it (or hear confirmation from the show, LOL). I don't know if they should resurrect Will but I could see them bringing him in as a new character and like the idea of a Will look alike.

My problem with the show killing off Will is that there has been no real impact. We get a passing comment maybe once a month. The only way this could have had impact is if Sami and Sonny were still on the show, Lucas was used more, and Arianna seen more as well. Without that the story and aftermath have been virtually nonexistent.

If Only! I read on Soap Shows, an online site I signed onto, I think, a link in a thread somewhere here, that there is a possibility of a return of Chandler Massey (ex-Will). The Will many of us loved!!! I can imagine this happening without too much suspension of disbelief. He could have been in a coma and whisked off to some sort of rehab, and that's where Sonny has actually been this whole time?! :) I would be very happy if this comes out to be more than just a rumor!!
Maybe. Just maybe with this, Aiden, Stefano, and Ben, someone has been in a dream.

I hope he returns as a different character if it turns out to be true.

1. Fresh start.
2. No need to re-hash Will's storyline.
3. There's a chance Sami will be back if Will is alive.

Back