Anyone else garden? Flowers and veggies and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Oregon, our tomatoes are still so small . I think we won't see any color or at least 2 months. Last year we planted 15 plants and only got handful of tomatoes. :( Our summer didn't get hot enough.
This year my husband got me "chicken dust" for Mother's day (I asked for it) to add to the dirt in our garden beds. I am really full of hope that we will see more out of our garden this year. We have all the regular garden plants that families usually have, lots of different kinds of squash & radish & lettuce, peppers, tomatilla (sp), corn, and cucumbers plants cutting & lemon. This year I only planted 7 different tomatoes, I just hate wasting the space if they don't produce.
Even though I have a floral degree, the only flowers I grow in the summer are sunflowers & sweet peas, they grow all along the front of our house. I love that they grow up past our little girls bedroom windows! Our peonies and iris were all bloomed out by the first of June. Daffs and tulils were all done by the end of April. Our house gets to much sun for most flowers. The across the street neighbor has beautiful hanging baskets, I wish we could to, they just don't work over here. :( But I am glad to look at theirs!

What cute bunnies, meldrel.

Last year, we had a lot of rabbits around here. Not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back