Anyone else garden? Flowers and veggies and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meldrel

Reaction score
flowers.JPG flowers 2.JPG
Does anyone else like to get their fingers in the dirt?
Both my husband and I really enjoy making our yard pretty and growing some veggies.
This weekend I got one of my beds all cleaned out and mulched and some annuals put in.
It used to be shady all the time and two years ago we had some diseased pine trees removed so now it's partially sunny and my perennials are doing well and the marigolds add even more color.

ktspitit those tomatoes look amazing! We have more lettuce than we can eat right now, collards, spinach and kale are taking off but my maters are only about 6 inches tall. It's Mothers Day before we are really safe on veggies in Kansas. We had snow 2 weeks ago, been 80's and 90's since and hail and tornadoes last night. Crazy!

Glad to know there are others with the interest!!

Actually, I was a little late planting tomatoes this year, weird weather and all. Some are already about golf ball size, lots of little ones and some marble size on the cherry tomato. :)

I like to garden! My seedlings are desperate for some soil, and I hope to put them in the ground this weekend. It's a bit later than I like, but circumstances require a late planting this year! I hope to have tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, and green beans, at the very least.

I don't do a lot outside any more because of my asthma and allergies. I do have 4 tomato plants, 4 butterfly plants, a "million" hostas (7 varieties), and 9 acres of woods. LOL

The tomato plants (2 Early Girl & 2 Better Boy) need to be transplanted into the big pots, but there are a few blossoms already.

Most of my gardening is food. Like ktspirit I have tomato plants, but because of the bugs I have mine hanging & have already got a container full of grape tomatoes from 1, with more flowers blooming on it. I don't seem to have as much luck with strawberries though darn it. They are tiny, but still tasty.

Something I do is root a lot of food from scraps. I have some green onions that I only used the green part after buying at the stand, then planting the bulbs. Anytime I want green onion on something I just go out & cut some. I just started rooting a celery stalk too so hopefully will be getting celery soon enough.

Using rain water helps tremendously. I have containers that catch all the water from the the gutters & use that to water my plants.

I remember something like that happening when I lived near DC. It was a very snowy day, very quiet out. I went to my backyard, and saw this red snow. A hawk was feasting upon a headless rabbit on the ground. As soon as it saw me, it took off with it's meal. Kinda gross but at the same time, cool to see nature.

:clap:I love to Garden just got done making homemade stepping stones free on the website Pintrest they have such neat ideas mostly dyi projects you could spend all day there. I have my veggies in and out front flower garden pictures will be coming takes more time in Vermont.

I'm desperately wanting to have a garden. I have started some herbs this year and am doing pretty well except for the dill and the cilantro. I have no idea how I've managed to kill them. Next year I'd like to plants some veggies.

Lemon time perhaps? Love it. I'm growing rosemary, lemon thyme, chives, parsley, basil and a pineapple sage plant. I love the pineapple sage because it has beautiful pink flowers on it. Very attractive. Good to know someone else has no luck with cilantro and dill (two herbs I love the most).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back