Anyone Willing to be a Beta Reader - Romance/Drama Book?

backtodays

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As many of you know, I have a suspense book out (thankfully getting good reviews). I'm hard at work on a romance novel which is a different genre for me. I'm about four chapters in and would like to see if anyone would be interested in doing a beta read for me. I only need a few people. I just want to get an honest opinion on it, is it interesting...nothing detailed. Basically do you like it or, if not, why? I don't like to ask family or immediate friends because I don't think they would be honest with me (they would tell me they like it regardless LOL). If you want to, let me know. It would be very quick as I am only about four chapters in and just want initial feedback. Thanks!!!

Here is the premise: Sydney Warren met the love of her life when she was a senior in high school. Rylan Lunden. Rylan was a promising quarterback on the football team and adored by the small town of Jensen, North Carolina. They got carried away and Sydney found out she was pregnant right before graduation. When she went to tell him, he tells her first that he just got offered a starting spot on a college team and was offered a full scholarship. Everyone is so proud of him, including Sydney. Afraid she will crush his dreams and he will resent her, she decides not to tell him about the baby. Instead she breaks off things with him and moves, leaving Rylan heartbroken and angry. Flashforward sixteen years, Sydney is divorced, just lost her job and moves back to Jensen with her 16 year old son, Cody. Rylan's son. She just wants to lay low and rebuild her life. The last thing she wants is any drama. Between a very good looking next door neighbor, her Southern well meaning mom and best friend and a jealous rival, drama is what she will get. Also unknown to her, Rylan is back in Jensen and coaching at the same high school they attended, the same high school her son, who also plays football will attend. Sydney knows she will be forced to tell Cody and Rylan the truth, a secret which could affect her relationship with her son and cause more heartache for them all.
Sorry for the long summary! It will be shortened for the book blurb. I'm in a hurry so forgive the spelling.

I would love to read it ! So count me in with redsquirrel ! With double cherry on top ! :)

I'm just now checking this again. Thanks and I will make sure you all get to beta read it! It will probably be another week and again it's just a partial. I just want to get some feedback to make sure I'm heading in the right direction.

I would love to read it! I love romance novels, and that sounds like an awesome premise!

Thanks everyone who has responded! I figure if anyone knows good romance, it's the DAYS fans here LOL. It will probably be next week. I want to finish this chapter. Then I'll make another post and just ask for you to give me your emails, will send it in a pdf format for you to look at. Very simple, do you like it, is anything boring you to tears...that's about it.:hug:It will be a short read. This will help me a lot! Thanks!

My mother in law has started writing a book several times and I am always the one who reads it, checks for spelling and grammatcal errors, etc for her. She has good ideas, but is just not a strong writer....she hasn't figured out how to "draw" you into the story. She usually gets several chapters written and then gets stuck. Then a year later will start all over.

Can't wait to read what you have!!

All right, took me long enough. I have about 12,000 words (roughly 7 chapters) completed so far. It is not finished by no means and it will be a full length novella or novel by the time it is done. It is a very rough draft, so please disregard any obvious editing issues as this will be edited after it is finished. I just want to know if you think the story is interesting and if there is anything that just completely does not work for you. If anyone still wants to be a beta reader and can get their opinion back to me within a few days, please send me your email in a message on here. I will shoot the book to you in a pdf file. Thanks so much for your help as this is a new genre for me:) By the way, to tell you how quickly this can be read, I sat down and re-read it yesterday and flew right through it. 7 chapters does not take long at all. This is just to get some feedback to let me know if I'm going in the right direction. Thanks!

By the way, if anyone is interested in reading my suspense book, it's free for today only...it's called Intentional Stranger and available on Amazon. Back to the regularly scheduled program LOL. Oh, those who have emailed me, I will get the romance book to you by tomorrow at the latest...I had an idea for one more scene I wanted to write before I forgot. Busy this weekend with my son's football game and then a college recruiting trip for him today. Worn out!

I am a very avid reader and have and do read mystery, love, suspense, you name it. I read every single day. Kind of my hobby? lol I would be more than happy to read what you have written and give you constructive feedback. :)

I read romance novels every day...........i think i keep amazon in business, and my kindle is like an extention of my arm..... i love your synopsis, it sounds like a great read, my only problem so far is that 16 seems so old to find out who his dad is, wish it could be 11 or 12,before he becomes a teenager. let me know if you need another volunteer, and if you dont, best of wishes to you and your book. God Bless

Back