Asking for opinions

When doing the daily summaries how do you want the Possession story handled?

• Possession in title header ie Days of our Lives Monday Oct X, 2021 Possession day

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Writing up the summary but putting all possession parts at the end of the summary when possible

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Just do the summary and don't worry about it

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Other answer in a post below

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to post in topic if possession free or not.

It might be harder as time goes on to keep things separate from the rest of the storylines.
They might have storylines involved with the possession one.

Actually, if Possession is included in the episode......it could very easily have a paragraph to itself (unless it is whole episode) JasonD does summaries that way.....DiMansion, Horton Square, The Pub, etc. putting all that happened in that place in one paragraph, & labeling it. (I used to do that years ago myself)
But unless the show ends with something Possession, which would put the paragraph at the end......perhaps it could be in the middle, with a "Possession": just in front of it.

Poirot that's an interesting idea.

I'll have to think about that for tomorrow when I do the summary.

I like how it's been done so far, with a note at the top of the summary. It could be placed in bold. If the style chosen is to put in the title, that would be OK with me, too.

So far, the votes are for "just do the summary and don't worry about it" is the winner.
No need to add anything in the title topic.

I think I'm going to keep saying possession free day when I start the posts. Then
people can decide to keep reading or not.

Perhaps those who want to avoid WATCHING IT, just don't mind reading. However, I still think it good to do summary regularly, but put the possession stuff in one paragraph. But those doing the summaries really have should be able to do a summary the way they choose. They are volunteering & I so appreciate them all. God Bless.

Although I don't like the storyline either, it is part of the show and should be treated as such. Why the need to filter the show for those who don't like certain portions of it? We're grown ups; we can handle it. Bottom line for me is, "If you don't like the show, don't watch it. If you don't like the content of the summaries, don't read them." 'Nuff said.

I understand that the writers, etc. follow some of the fan boards but, apparently they don't care that we don't want to see this storyline and that includes Johhny's "movie". How about something new and fresh (not Paulina)?

I don’t do summaries that way. I write up the scenes in order, combining them where I think it makes sense narratively. It’s too hard to lump all the “possession” parts together. Do the scenes here Chad and Abby talk about the possession movie count? As the story expands and goes on and on, it will be hard to separate from the rest of the show.

I’d rather just label the day as one with possession (the devil talking to or manipulating characters) or not—either at the top (which I’ve started doing) or in the thread title.

I appreciate anyone who writes up a summary. Since most of us are not professional writers, I think it may not be easy for some to change styles. I haven't written any lately but it would be hard for me to try to follow a prescribed method. I'm satisfied with each person's way of writing. While I am trying to avoid watching any of the possession stuff, I don't mind reading about it, and if I do, I can just skip over it.

TinaY, most people voted they didn't mind not having Possession story in title. It's only needed at the beginning of
the summary.

Back