Baby drama

I honestly really don't care if this storyline is far-fetched and bizarre even though it's very disgusting because this is probably the most we've seen Theresa being vulnerable. I actually like that it's giving that too because this character is in serious need of that especially after what happened with the John coma storyline. I think the writers really want to keep Theresa so they're trying to fix the massive damage done to the character as much as possible, just like with Clyde when there was some implication that he raped his step-daughter. I know that some people just aren't going to care one way or another but I think there are a lot of people that are looking forward to this storyline.

Yeah, that's I thought too. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler thread....JS

I think the writers are doing whatever they can to make Clyde a more viable character, hence my point with Theresa. But back to the topic, this storyline really doesn't bother me much and in fact it's one of the only stories that has interested me so far.

Also, when referring to actors (which you did in the deleted comment), you must write out their first and last name and also include their character name, as not everybody knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters....JS

That's because the writers are trying to make us feel sorry for Theresa. But it's not working for this viewer. I feel nothing for her, I'm not even touched. I want this storyline dropped, put in the same drawer as the infamous Halloween figure stalker from a few years back. Again, this storyline is so far fetched, so ridiculous, it makes the plot for the movie "soapdish" appear brilliant !

Hey hey hey - OK, let's not drag Soapdish (one of my favourite movies) into this!! Even the improvised on-air shenanigans of the actors-turned-ex-lovers makes the plotwork on Days look childish!! :)

I agree, I'd be thrilled if they dropped this storyline forever and forgot about it.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for Jeannie T. and I can't believe the show went this route in the first place when there are so many other females that could have had a pregnancy storyline. I can't believe I'm saying this but I would have preferred to see JJ sleep with both Eve and Paige and get them both pregnant with Eve miscarrying. Or have Nicole end up pregnant by Daniel just as she reconciles with Eric and he with Jennifer.

Brady needs to either be single or be with Chloe. I thought Madison was good for him too. The show could have even tried out Jordan on him and let Melanie take her place in the Abigail/Chad/Ben stuff.

Theresa came to town as a thief, druggie, and near alcoholic, a gal who did not care who she slept with, as long as she got whatever she wanted. She stole a large amount of money from the hospital, TWICE, got caught both times. She has attempted to blackmail others, got one guy drunk & high enough to snag him into marriage, got another dragged off to jail because of the cocaine SHE asked him to get, then stole his savings, has lied, manipulated, been extremely vindictive, besides taking a paycheck for a job she rarely performs. She broke promises to her parents, her relatives in Salem, and all in all is NOT sympathetic by any stretch of the imagination. So, the writers think they will make her "sympathetic", by having her have odd reactions when she sees a baby? They manage to invent an unbelievable scenario of extracting a fetus only a few weeks old, implanting it into a woman in her 50s, if not 60, and they think this all is going to make Theresa a more lovable character?
Nope, not for me.
I think the actress, Jen Lilley, is wonderful, does a really good job with the material given her, but the writers chose the path for Jeannie Theresa, a lousy one, and, in my opinion, have failed so far to endear her or make her in the least lovable.

I just hope there is no baby. I have no interest in the criminals of Salem and their apologist getting up on their high horse and trying to take Theresa's baby. And I have even less interest in seeing Melanie on my screen, front and center in this story.

I guess I'm in the minority. I think this baby thing is having a profound effect on Theresa. The problem is she keeps taking one step forward and then about five steps back. I know the writing for this character makes it extremely difficult to find any redeeming qualities but I'm hopeful that as the pieces start to fall into place about Kristen stealing her unborn child she will soften a bit. I don't like that Melanie is likely to be heavily involved in the story but I guess I'm just hoping that means Brady/Melanie will be a short term thing. Not that I think Brady should necessarily get back together with Theresa but I think it could be an interesting dynamic of the two of them navigating the waters of new parenthood while dealing with the aftermath of the vile act that Kristen perpetrated against them. Could be good.

The only other acceptable option would be that neither Brady nor Theresa feels they are ready to be parents and Nicole adopts the child. I certainly do not want Melanie playing mother to Theresa's child.

I hope that Theresa softens a bit too, Sparkster. The problem is that with Brady and Melanie now sleeping together this means that they are a couple now. I don't believe they are a short term thing. I just feel like it's only a matter of time before we have a huge custody battle between Theresa, Brady and Melanie. Chances of Brady and Melanie winning custody are really high, especially with Theresa's criminal behavior and history. She doesn't have a prayer. I personally believe if Brady and Melanie do win, Theresa is going to be back-burned and we might not see her much anymore. Of course this is all just speculation but I just don't have a good feeling about this. And Victor might try to bribe or compel Theresa in some way to give up all rights to her child.

Well, it does seem that with Sami gone from Salem, TPTB decided perhaps to create Sami 2.0, and that is Melanie. She is into every story some way, and already managed a bed scene with a guy, practically the only currently available one. Chad was already involved with Jordan, Eric was targeted by Melanie's "friend" Serena, Will & Sonny were married, Rafe perhaps too old...not much to work with for her.

I truly preferred them as good friends, that "big brother/little sister" relationship they always had. Don't like the current set up.

And now Melanie will be trying to find out who Mandrake is, what he has to do with Theresa, going to throw her right into this whole unbelievable baby story.

I feel opposite of the likely speculated storyline of Melanie keeping what she knows secret about Mandrake. See what I feel is that Melanie finds out all the truth and is about to expose Kristen, for Kristen to show up and kidnap Melanie. I definitely could see a huge cat fight between Melanie and Kristen (considering all the things Kristen did too Brady and Daniel.)

I definitely don't want Melanie with Brady though, it's too awkward for sure and I truly feel the characters feel uncomfortable despite their romping in the sack. I just want Melanie and Brady to stay friends at least and not be enemies once their break up happens soon enough.

I also do agree I feel Brady is best with Chloe. You saw the clear chemistry when Brady found Chloe left for dead in a alley when she was hooking. It would be a pretty good reason to bring Chloe back and to repair her friendship with Nicole.

As for Clyde, I actually think he would be better off with Eve then with Kate. Mainly because with the Weston/Kiriakis war going on I do see Kate getting tired of being in the middle of both sides.

If it has to be one or the other, I would rather see Brady with Melanie and Theresa just gone!

As for Clyde, I actually think he would be better off with Eve then with Kate. Mainly because with the Weston/Kiriakis war going on I do see Kate getting tired of being in the middle of both sides.

I agree. Kate belongs with Stefano. If not him, then put him with John or with Roman. I think Eve and Clyde would be a fantastic couple. Plus, it'd get her away from the kiddie pool.

Back