Ben did it!!

Hope: I remember when Ben was the Salem Stalker and killed Jack, Abe, Maggie, Caroline, Daddy, Cassie, Roman and Gran.

Kayla: Uhhhh, Hope, that was Andre using mind control to make Marlena think she did the killings.

Hope: No, I remember Ben wearing the mask and black hoodie when he killed all of them.

Kayla: Hope, honey, remember, they were all alive and well on the island, Melaswen.

Hope: Oh Kay, he's brainwashed you, too.
Kayla: No, that was John who was brainwashed, remember?

Hope: Yes, John was brainwashed into being Ben's pawn. So was Steve. In fact, Stefano, EJ, and Andre were also Ben's tools.

Kayla: Hope, I think that you're losing it. Perhaps, you should see Marlena about your Ben obsession. Next, you'll be claiming that Horton the Tiger was really Ben in a Halloween tiger costume.

Hope: It was!!

Kayla: [sigh].

Undeterred by wide-spread skepticism about her claims about Ben, Hope holds court at the Brady Pub.

Julie: Do you mean that my Nicky didn't murder Trent Robbins?
Hope: You bet. It was Ben. He also murdered Nick.
Julie: Hold on there young lady, I know that the awful Gabi Hernandez did that.

Hope: There also was no Orpheus, only Ben.
John: You don't say.
Hope: And there was really no Yo-Daddy. It was Ben in disguise.
John: Sorry, but that is simply not a fact.

Hope: Facts, shmacts. By the way, Nicole didn't murder Deimos. It was Ben.
Eric: That's great news. I knew my Nicole wasn't capable of murder.
Hope: And he killed Nicole by blowing up the warehouse. It wasn't Xander.
Eric: Not Xander? Are you out of your mind.

Hope: What's the matter with you people. Can't you handle the truth?

Even recent events have become clouded in the Commissioner's mind:

Jen: Cuz, you must help me get Jack away from Eve.
Hope: Ben is holding Jack prisoner?
Jen: No, he has amnesia and is staying at the hotel with Eve!
Hope: Ben attacked him and he lost his memory!?
[Jen storms off]

Chloe: There was a shooting at Doug's Place by El Fideo's goons.
Hope: I'll bring in Ben for questioning.

Abe: Sheila lost another pair of my shoes.
Hope: Ben will pay for that theft!

Hope: Abe, I've almost got enough evidence to arrest Ben for killing Lexie.

Abe: What are you talking about?? Lexie died from a brain tumor. She passed away peacefully in my arms, in our backyard.

Hope: Oh Abe, your grief is clouding your memory. Ben is the one who brutally murdered Lexie and he needs to pay!

Hope (on the phone): Aiden, I have great news for you. I've done some extensive investigating and Chase didn't accidentally kill his mother. Ben Weston did.

Aiden: What are you talking about? I walked in and found Meredith dead and Chase holding the gun. I cleaned up the crime scene and made it look like Meredith committed suicide to protect him.

Hope: No, you're mistaken. Ben broke into your house and brutally murdered Meredith and soon I'll have enough evidence to arrest and convict him.

Aiden: Have you been eating some of JJ's pot doughnuts??

Hope is asked to teach a history class at St. Luke's grade school.

Hope: Students, some of what you've been taught has been a lie. For example, John Wilkes Booth didn't kill President Lincoln. Ben Weston did. President Kennedy was also killed by Ben Weston.

Student: Wait, so this Ben Weston is a time traveler??

Hope: You betcha! He used Eugene Bradford's time machine and I'm going to prove it!

Hope: Abe, I've almost got enough evidence to arrest Ben for killing Lexie.

Abe: What are you talking about?? Lexie died from a brain tumor. She passed away peacefully in my arms, in our backyard.

Hope: Oh Abe, your grief is clouding your memory. Ben is the one who brutally murdered Lexie and he needs to pay!
Abe: Enough already.

Hope: And it wasn't Tek Kramer who once had an affair with Lexie, it was Ben.

Abe: Don't remind me about Tek.

Hope: And it was really Ben who shot Theo. JJ Deveraux was just a poor, innocent bystander.

Abe: That simply isn't funny.

Hope: It's the truth. I've also learned that all your eyesight problems were the result of a secret Poplar Bluff potion that Ben put into your squirrel stew.

Abe: Squirrel stew? That's it. I hate to agree with Melinda Trask, but Salem does need a new police commissioner.

Hope is asked to teach a history class at St. Luke's grade school.

Hope: Students, some of what you've been taught has been a lie. For example, John Wilkes Booth didn't kill President Lincoln. Ben Weston did. President Kennedy was also killed by Ben Weston.

Student: Wait, so this Ben Weston is a time traveler??

Hope: You betcha! He used Eugene Bradford's time machine and I'm going to prove it!
Student: C'mon, everyone knows that the professor from Back to the Future invented the time machine.

Student No. 2: Hey, did Ben Weston also assassinate Garfield?

Hope: Don't be ridiculous. Garfield is a cartoon cat.

Student No. 3: No, dummy, President Garfield. And did Ben also assassinate McKinley?

Hope: Who's he?

Student No. 2: OMG. Hey, did Ben really assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand?

Hope: Archduke who? I've heard of Marmaduke and Scooby Doo, but not that guy.

Student No. 3: What about Julius Caesar?

Hope: Julius who? Is he the guy who invented Caesar salad?

Father Louis: That's enough for today, children. The Commissioner is tired and needs to go back to her office for her daily nap.

Hope: Remember when Ben changed Will's blood type so it looked like Austin was his father.

Rafe: Honey, that was Sami.

Hope: No! It was definitely Ben! He was out to ruin Lucas' life even back then.

Rafe: Wow... just wow.

Hope: Wow yourself, Hernandez. Ben hates Lucas. He's the one who shot EJ off the altar, knowing that Lucas would be blamed.

Rafe: Ben certainly gets around, doesn't he.

Hope: Yes, he does. He also shot EJ in the head while he was drunk, knowing that everyone would blame Sami.

Rafe: Why would Ben care about causing trouble for Sami?

Hope: Get real. Everyone, especially Ben, hates Sami. That's why he murdered EJ in the park. He wanted to break Sami's heart.

Rafe: Sorry, but I know from experience that Sami is very good at creating her own heartache.

Hope: It only seems that way. Ben has been Sami's secret master of disaster all her life. He's the one who arranged for Sami to see John and Marlena on a tabletop.

Rafe: [sigh] Anything you say, dear.

I can just see it when Ciara is eventually rescued.

Ciara: Oh [insert rescuer's name], thank God you found me! Jordan Ridgeway kidnapped me from the airport, kept me tied to the bed and then kidnapped Charlotte, all in the name of "protecting" us from Ben.

Hope (arriving on scene): Honey, I'm so relieved you're OK. I just knew Ben was behind this! He will pay for kidnapping you and Charlotte!

Ciara: No, mom, it wasn't Ben, it was his sister Jordan. She's gone cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Hope: Shhhhhh, it's OK baby, it's all over. You're safe, Charlotte's safe and I'm going to lock up Ben for what he's done. I finally have him right where I want him.

Ciara: But you're not listening to me! IT WASN'T BEN!

Hope: Sweetheart, I know, I know. I know it was Ben and rest assured he WILL be punished for this.

Spot on, JS, and as Ciara passes through the Town Square on her way to the loft she meets Chad and JJ.

Chad: Ciara, you're free! Has Ben been arrested, and did he say where he's keeping Charlotte?
Ciara: Ben didn't take your daughter.
Chad: Yes, he did. I KNOW it.
JJ: Chad's right Ciara. Ben took Charlotte, we're going to find her, and Ben will pay.
Ciara: Both of you people are sick.

And back at the loft.

Trippy: Ciara, you're back and safe? Did Ben harm you in any way?
Ciara: No way. It was his batty sister, Jordan, who kidnapped me.
Trippy: Jordan? No way. Did Ben drug you?
Ciara: You're the one who sounds like you're on drugs.
Claire: Oh Ciara, I'm so glad you're back safe and sound (while thinking, "Rats, I had hoped Ben would hold her captive long enough for me to get a firm grip on Tripp's affections.")

Father Louis: That's enough for today, children. The Commissioner is tired and needs to go back to her office for her daily nap.
Hope is back to talk to the children at St. Luke's grade school again.

Hope: Children, did you know that Ben Weston set the Hindenburg on fire? He also caused the Titanic to hit the iceberg that night. He was responsible for the San Francisco earthquake in 1906. And he was the one who caused the Great Chicago Fire. Oh, and let's not forget, he was the mastermind behind the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Student: That doesn't sound right, are you sure?

Hope: Of course I'm sure! What do you take me for, an uninformed idiot??

[classroom silence]

Hope: Well?????

Father Louis: OK kids, let's all thank the Commissioner for her "informative presentation", but she needs to get back to her office for a nap....or some professional help.

It's now Ted's turn to address the class.

Student No. 1: Are you a real lawyer?

Ted: I'm the closest thing to the real deal there is in Salem.

Student No. 2: Did you ever defend anyone who was guilty?

Ted: Yes, Ben Weston, the guiltiest man in Salem.

Student No. 3: But my Dad says Ben is being unfairly persecuted. Why do you think he's always guilty?

Ted: Because Hope Brady says so, and while her husband is away, I'm trying to ..... oops.

Father Louis: Thank you, Mr. Laurent, but I think that the children have heard enough for today.

Back