Ben's return

Just seems there was some dialogue in the cop shop, (nothing came of it) that the necktie killings were similar to ones somewhere else. And also remember Paige mentioning to Eve about seeing Ben working in some diner when they were traveling down south. I just remember Ben having that suitcase with all the ties in it. Twas rather odd to have something like that.

Yes, his reveal as the killer was the scene of him going through the suitcase with neckties in it. And yes, he had lived in Florida (where Paige and Eve knew him under another name from a diner) and whence he had run a gambling ring.

I don't recall and couldn't find any reference in summaries to any backchat among the police about similar killings in Florida to the necktie killings. In fact the audience favourite for the killer was Clyde prior to the reveal that it was Ben.

I know, but it was "throwaway" lines, which is why it is so vague in my mind. I guess the kind to try and send the "guesses" down the wrong path. They would not be included in a summary or recap, as the musings of characters rarely make it into one.

I didn't look at the summaries here except my Thursdays (because I absolutely include throwaway lines like that in mine); I mostly checked another, very thorough site. And that is not a critique of how the summaries are done here, because I know I do more than I am supposed to.

At any rate - Ben's back now and it's time for him to be Titan's CEO. LOL

I'm not sure about either scenario but I'm loving Ben or at least Robert Scott Wilson. He is actually making me feel some sympathy for him. He has a horrible upbringing which could explain his mental and emotional problems. He's working on me as well as Xander is. Again the actor Paul Telfer (Xander) makes me want to root for him just like Robert Scott Wilson does for me with Ben. Guess I still like the bad guys hoping there is a good guy inside all the hurt.
I agree 100% with this!

I am not enjoying Ben's return. In fact I fast forward through most of the scenes with Ben and Ciara as well as the Tripp and Clair scenes.

I am enjoying the heck out of Ciara and Ben. Call me a bit sick (like LittleSweetness) but they are my new favorite coupling! I am still loving Brady and Eve also.

I agree soapkitty, I am actually enjoying Ben with Ciara. I dreaded this. I saw the spoilers and thought awww, hell no, but I am enjoying it. The actor who plays Ben is fabulous, as is the actress who plays Ciara.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would bring back Jordan for a visit. Her absence has left a hole in Ben's story.

I was never a Jordan fan but I'm not opposed to this either. I think this is a gap in the Ben story and she seems like the type of actress Ron would like to write for. I also think she can maybe be for Rafe again with the proper writing.

I love Ben, he makes the show so much better and he is one heck of an actor! And I would love to see him be redeemed as not being the killer, and it being Clyde and framing Ben.

And Ben and Ciara really have chemistry. I would love for her to help him find out (over a year) of searching that he did not kill Paige, Serena, Will, or even the midwife and they take this time to fall in love they would make a great super couple.

And to me, Xander should be the next Victor. He is just as crooked as Victor was and as handsome, and he makes the show too. Keep these 3 and give Kate an nice long vacation. And for God's sake, give Steve a good storyline.

The thing with Ben......we did not actually see him (just shadows) kill Paige, or Serena, and only heard the gunshot with Wendy....but we did actually see him choking the life out of Will, carrying his body back to Will's apartment. And Ben remembers keeping Abby prisoner, etc., setting the bed on fire, etc. Abby is not mistaken about that, neither is Chad.

Yep, Kate is overdue for a long, long vacation. And Days desperately needs a Steve story.

Back