Beyond Salem 2 summaries and comments

Monday's summary

I'm calling the Ben and Ciara's baby Baby Bo and Bo Brady Bo, or trying to. The show jumped around a lot today perhaps as the week goes on it will settle down.

Somewhere in the Mediterranean a year ago, two men in a rubber boat at night, they shine their flashlights into the dark water. A scuba driver grabs the boat. It’s Harris Michaels, he pulls a gun. The two men tell of a woman, on the docks whose name is Brady. Michaels lowers the gun. Michaels shoots booth men and takes off in the boat.

Current time

Ben is tying up their boat as Ciara watches and criticizes. They’ve been on the water for over a week. Hope walks through a door(?) and greets them on the dock. Hope tells them it’s been too long. Ben brings out Baby Bo who has grown a lot in the week since he left Salem. Hope holds and hugs baby Bo. (The baby snuggles in) Hope tells of Bo watching from heaven. We see heaven and Bo watching a giant big screen television like thing, Bo says you’ve got that Fancy Face.

Ciara and Ben and Baby Bo arrive at Hope’s place. Ciara thought there might be something top secret about the apartment given they’ve never been invited. Hope is really being a grandmother. Bo is watching but Angela comes in and takes away his viewing privileges. Bo broke the rules, he saved his son and brought the Johnson boy back from the dead.

Tripp is watching a baseball game, there is a knock at the door. Tripp calls for someone to answer the door. No one comes, so Tripp answers, it’s Kayla and Steve. Stephanie, and Joey come out. Group hug, they take a selfie.

Bo pleading with Angela for his television privileges again, talks about what it’s like to lose a son, he lost his son Zack. Who knew there were time outs in Heaven? Bo needs to learn a new skill. He says but I’ve learned the harp and the entire Beatles catalog. Angela tells him he could watch his favorite soap opera. Bo wants to share in his family’s happiness.

Baby Bo is crying, Hope tries to comfort Baby Bo, but can’t calm him, Ciara takes him from Grandma Hope and Baby Bo calms down. It’s because Baby Bo doesn’t know his grandmother. Hope apologizes for not being there when the baby was born. Ciara grills Hope on what she has been doing for the past few years.

A pride parade in San Francisco, at an apartment, John is dancing as his phone rings, he dashes to the corner. John apologizes for missing the wedding, he rejoins the party. But give Sami and Lucas his love.

Tripp is still not 100% but getting better. Steve says to Joey that he looks a little different from the last time he saw them. Stephanie owns her own PR business and she never gets an hour off. Tripp wants to know what inspired them to come visit. Steve hopes that John will let his hair down and have some fun.

Back to the party Paul brings in a new keg. John is really acting out at this gay pride party. He and Paul dance. Paul and his friends leave as the party ends. John is an ally. And an explanation on how to be an ally. They work on cleaning up the party. They share a beer. (a PSA on LGBTQ parent) There is no one special in Paul’s life at the moment. Knock on the door. It’s a cop.

Ben takes Baby Bo into another room so Ciara and Hope can talk. Ciara wants to know why Hope walked out of her life. What have you been doing for the past two years of my life that kept you from me, asks Ciara. Hope tells of losing Ciara and then she needed to find herself. Ciara calls her on the BS.

Bo continues to plea for his viewing rights.

Officer Michaels comes in because of a noise complaint. John wants to know if this is really about a noise complaint. Officer Michaels wants John to come with him. John refuses, Officer Michaels tazes John. Paul fights Officer Michaels, Officer Michaels uses the keg to knock Paul out.

Seattle brief sight seeing tour. Every stop was weirder than the last. They saw the Fremont Troll. The group is starving.

Paul comes to in his now trashed apartment and his dad is missing.

Ciara demands to know what Hope has been doing. Even Dad came time to visit me. Ciara wanted her mom. All of Salem misses Hope, Grandpa Doug, Julie. Ciara needed her mom and she wasn’t there. Hope needs Ciara to know that first of all you, your brother Shawn and that little guy in there are the most important things to me. Hope wants Ciara Alice Brady Weston to let go of the anger and hurt. They are proud of each other.

Paul is speaking to the police as he tries to explain how his father is missing. Paul finds the officer’s badge.

The Johnsons are playing a game. Kayla gets biology as the category. Michaels appears at the Johnsons with the pizza.

The pizza guy is wondering why 5 folks have 5 pizza pies. Steve opens his pizza pie and it explodes.

Hope and Ciara have made up and are now fun chatting. They talk of the chowder at the Pub. Ciara asks so how are you spending your days? Hope has gone back to one of her hobbies.

Bo is trying to hotwire the live steam tv. He gets the show up and running.

Hope has started coaching kids on figure skating. Ciara thought that when Hope left, she was doing something super-secret. Bo is watching and knows Hope is lying. Baby Bo is now crying. Ciara is exhausted, she’s been up since 4 am. She is going to go to bed. After Ciara leaves Hope gets her super-secret key and unlocks her desk and pulls out an ISA file.

The Johnson apartment is on fire, Stephanie is unconscious, they finally realize Steve is missing. Michaels says I’ve retrieved the 2nd package. He calls a woman who stands under a ceiling fan. Michaels bashes ham and pineapple pizza.

Hope has prepared a breakfast. Ben and Ciara join her. The little guy slept well. Hope wants to know how long they are planning on staying. Hope doesn’t want them to put their breaks on their trip to the ocean just because of her. Hope tells them there is something I need to tell you. Doorbell rings. It’s Michaels now as a green beret

Paul is going to find his dad. Shane’s on his way. Andrew Donovan arrives, Shane’s not available.

Stephanie’s condition is serious but she should be okay. Her face is all cut up. A weed-whacker attack perhaps. She asks, “Where’s Poppa?”

John wishes a freshly waking Steve a good morning. John’s got glitter in his hair.

A woman walks in, Stefano DiMera’s daughter walks in, Megan Hathaway is back.

Michaels is here for a visit. He comes in and big smooch for Hope and Michaels. Bo is not happy.

Looks like Paul took a level in being tough in the Beyond Salem show!

Remember when he was easily outrun by Orpheus back in 2016 and easily knocked out when he tried to save Sonny from being kidnapped in 2017?

Thanks, robin.

Ben and Ciara arrived in Montreal and dock looks just like the one they left behind in Salem, but with
different decorations :)

We saw baby Bo and he wasn't wrapped in a blanket. He's grown a lot since they left Salem.

Nice to see the whole Johnson family together in Seattle. Steve called Stephanie "Little Sweetness".
Steve told Joey he looked different. He replied he got a haircut.

It was interesting to learn Bo breaks rules in heaven like he did when he was alive. Bo said he's bored and

he's already learned how to play the harp. He lost his streaming privileges since he brought Tripp back to life.
He told the female angel he likes watching his soap opera. Then he mentions sands in an hourglass.

It was odd to see bad guy "Micheals" have his name on all the clothing he wore. You would think he would use
fake names.

When Bo started hotwiring heaven, my brother (who’s staying with me) fell out laughing. I keep telling him, “Don’t ask questions.”

Still, I enjoy the Beyond Salem adventures so much more than the regular show even with the zaniness.

I’m glad they addressed Hope’s absence. Who has a daughter come back from the dead and doesn’t stop by the hospital?

I really enjoyed this segment so much more than the regular show right now. I loved seeing Hope holding Baby Bo and the way she talked to him and held him looked so natural for a grandmother to do. On the regular show, I never see anyone act that way with babies.

I enjoyed the Johnsons together. It was so nice to see them all as a family together especially Tripp and Stephanie who I don't think ever interacted on the regular show.

I did not even recognize Miranda Wilson as Megan until she introduced herself to John and Steve. I guess they saw pictures of her or read files on her as neither of them were in Salem in 1984-1985 when Megan was in town. It will be interesting to see how she was brought back to life.

My favorite part was seeing Bo in heaven. It's nice to see he's a rulebreaker in heaven just as he was when he was alive. But I liked his explanation why he brought Tripp back to life. It was good to see that there were consequences for that action even though it was for something good.

That Michaels was busy as he was in San Francisco, Seattle, and then Montreal. It looks like Hope is back to her bad pairings since Bo left. Hopefully she's on to him or will figure it out as the week goes on.

I am actually looking forward to the rest of the week for the remainder of the Beyond Salem episodes. I just wish they would put some of this energy into the regular show.

I know somebody who's not happy with a live baby playing Baby Bo:

ad805a0768bb3dd92b896d6f45afb7ea.jpg

I upgraded from free to premium subscription just to see this (and finish Dr. Death with Joshua Jackson, which is free for first three episodes only). But I digress...

Favorite part so far was John dancing and seeing Paul again.

Always love Loretta Devine. Hope "Angela" softens up and doesn't punish Bo when she catches him, which she certainly will. Pretty good reception up there.

Yes, Baby Bo has really grown up since we last saw him/the blanket last week. Major SORAS. Started writing this before I read what Poirot wrote...again, great minds think alike. By last episode, we might be calling him Toddler Bo.

So far, the Joey and Stephanie recasts fit in well, based on their limited screen time.

Let's see what episode two brings.

Back