Bill Hayes (Doug) has died

Did Corday say that Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes (Doug and Julie) were the first super couple? That they kind of created the concept? Is that true? I thought Bill and Laura were a super couple. And, what about Luke and Laura over on General Hospital?

As a reminder Amy Shaughnessy, is Charles Shaughnessy's (Shane) niece. Her mom wrote for the show. She met
Amy's dad there.

During the service, Bill's daughter mentioned how much Amy has done for the family the past two years.

Several things made me lose it while watching.

When the guy sang "Always" - my mind's eye saw Doug walking around the table getting everyone to sing with him, ending with Tom and Alice.
When Susan got up to speak and to see her struggling - as she started reciting "my love is like a red red rose..." knowing that Bill said that to Susan at their wedding, as Doug did to Julie for us to see.

When Corday got up to speak - as angry as I am with him right now, I was so moved by his genuine love for Bill.

When Deidre Hall (Marlena) got up to speak - That piece always moves me, and then she kind of lost it.

And then hearing Bill's recording of The Lord's Prayer

Last edited:
With Doug's funeral coming in December 2030 (because they film so far ahead) I cannot imagine Bo and Hope not being there. Fingers crossed that these two, or at the very least, Hope, make it. I can't imagine Kristen Alfonso (Hope) not wanting to be a part of remembering Bill Hayes (Doug) and film scenes.

I was thinking the same thing, Muzza, about Hope and Bo returning. Or at least Hope. And hopefully Shawn-Douglas. Would be nice to have Ciara return too.

A real wish would be for Dougie LeClair to show up, since Doug was his bio father.

Back