Bill Hayes (Doug) has died

Well, when Wesley Eure (teenage Mike) was driving over to her house for one of those parties, he spied a great big old tumbleweed that had bounced in from the desert. Stopped, picked it up and crammed that huge ball of springy dead weed into his back seat. He grandly brought it into her house, announcing: “Frances! I’ve brought you your Christmas tree!” She fell on the floor laughing. And she kept the damn thing. The following Christmas, there was that tumbleweed, and it had lights on it, and ornaments!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

On a few of the old blooper reels I've seen, Frances Reid (Alice) has some of the saltiest language. :rotfl:

This news makes me so sad. I still remember meeting him and Susan at Day of Days a few years ago. He was genuinely interested in talking to me and got excited when he learned where I was from. He immediately started talking about when he lived here. At the time, I didn't realize he had had such a storied Broadway career as well but now his excitement made more sense. I'm kicking myself for not having purchased his book sooner. Looks like it's out of print now and it's not available digitally either. I hope Susan is somehow able to re-release it because I'm sure there would be interest.

I also hope the show properly honors him with returns from Bo, Hope, Shawn, Belle, Claire, Ciara, Ben, and maybe Chelsea. Of course, I'd prefer these people show up sooner and on contract but at a minimum they should be there for this. I'd also love Jack, Jennifer, and some of the other Horton cousins to return to support Julie.

This was six years ago with Jimmy Fallon. It's funny that Jimmy had no idea who Bill was.

I rewatched this earlier today. The lovely comments under the video almost make up for Jimmy's ignorance. Though it was nice of him to bring Bill up on stage right away. I'm sure this was edited but it still seemed immediate. I remember at the time The Tonight Show account had posted the video and tagged the Days Of Our Lives official account.

I'm kicking myself for not having purchased his book sooner. Looks like it's out of print now and it's not available digitally either. I hope Susan is somehow able to re-release it because I'm sure there would be interest.
I found a few copies on ebay but they're pricey. I also checked Thrift Books and it says they're temporarily out of it, but ordinarily gets about 14 copies per month. I'd start checking their website every couple of weeks.

David Shaughnessy's, director at Days, Instagram's account. He is Charles'/Shane's brother.

List of names on last picture Bill Hayes, Susan Seaforth Hayes, Alfred Shaughnessy (aka Freddie Shaughnessy)
Anne Schoettle, David Shaughnessy, Jean Lodge

Alfred and Jean are the parents of David Shaughnessy and Charles Shaughnessy. Alfred a script write for
British shows. Jean an English actress.

Back