Book Recommendations

The Hunger Games trilogy
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
The Rule of Four - Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason
Different Seasons - Stephen King
The Anne Rice Vampire series
Skipping Christmas - John Grisham

I hesitate to admit this, but last summer I actually got very much into Nicholas Sparks. I am not a romance reader, but these were not cheesy, yet romantic enough to not believe that I like them. =) I really enjoyed:
The Notebook
A Bend in the Road
The Wedding

And I'm getting ready to read Message in a Bottle and Three Weeks with My Brother, so we'll see how those are, too! I am also re-reading the Little House books.

Good luck with your surgery!

I just watched a trailer on youtube of this "One For The Money"!!! Soooo funny, I plan to get it for this weekend. Also the book "Can You Keep A Secret" , read the excerp from Amazon! I plan to buy this book. I hope your surgery goes well and you are up and at'm soon. You'll be in my prayers and thoughts. Also I was wondering is your kindle a fire? Can you watch movies on it?

Any Harlen Coben novel, The novels by Sheri Anderson about Days, (she has 2 out) and I am also a big Stephanie Plum fan, and the Women's Murder Club books by James Patterson.

Thanks, all for all the recommendations!
@janey.a, no i just have the regular old kindle,but the hubby has an ipad so i defintely plan on stealing that from him and bringing it with me:) Thanks for the prayers, etc.

Oh i read the womens' murder club series, definitely enjoyed those ones. Nice fast reads too. Never heard of those Sheri Anderson books, that could be entertaining!

Anyone ever read anything by Tessa Gerritsen? I guess her books inspired that TNT show Rizzoli and Isle (which i really like). Decent reviews on Amazon so i might try those too.

Again, thanks everyone...with all these recommendations I should have plenty to do during my hospital stay and beyond:) six weeks off of work will go by in no time!

Tessa Gerritsen books are good, too.

I finally broke down, and bought a Kindle 4.0 at Sam's Club for $71. They have the Kindle Fire for $197. I went with the basic one since my smartphone does everything. The only problem was that I couldn't be reading and doing other things with the phone.

a book I really enjoyed was Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. It's supposedly, kind of, loosely based on his life. This book grabs you and doesn't let go. How can you not love a book that has the line "a man has got to love his bear" This book will transport you to Bombay, India and all it's beauty and horrors. This book describes drug abuse, torture, war, terrible poverty and some sex.

Harry Potter!
The Hunger Games:)
A walk to remember:cry:
Son of a Witch (that's the name)
A rose for Melinda.:cry:

Absolutely NO Twilight, I read that series and I wanted to rip my eyes out. It is so bad. Don't put yourself through that torture.

Hello All! I need some help. I am having surgery in a couple months and will be laid up in the hospital for over a week. Having been in the hospital before I know the boredom can overtake one quickly!! I am looking to load up my Kindle with some awesome books. Any recommendations from anyone? I am a fan of almost anything except sci-fi and cheesy romance stuff. Love thrillers, suspense, crime drama, classics, mystery, really anything! How about it, read anything good lately?
Gone Girl and The Passage are both good.

Back