Casting call

Isn't Eve the same age as Jennifer? I would think she's a tad too old to have a child, as I would Hope and Jennifer having a baby at this time in their life. I know that won't stop the show, but I just feel it's unlikely to be her.
Melissa Reeves took over the role of Jennifer in 1985 and she was in high school (a senior). Charlotte Ross originated the role of Eve, who came to Salem in 1987. She was about 16-17 years old. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) was born in 1967. Kassie DePaiva (Eve) was born in 1961. So while Jennifer should be a bit older than Eve, by appearances, current Eve seems to be older now.

I agree that Eve, Jennifer and Hope are all too old to have babies now, but in soapland, they are all "ageless", so you never know. :rolleyes:

In re: Belle......my sister-in-law became a grandmother when she was 36! Sami became one around the same age, maybe younger. Kate refuses to be called a great-grandmother as she so vehemently said the first time she saw Ari.

If Belle is the mother of a 19-20 yr. old daughter, then both she & Shawn are old enough to be grandparents.

This is what happens when Soaps start messing with ages too fast. 6 yr. olds don't get to be 10, then maybe a year later, 12, then jump to 16. Nope, that Last Blast group went from 6 to 16 within a week. Ciara, Claire, etc. jumped from around 10 to 18, and a month later were 20.

I have a sinking feeling it is going to be Abby. I just hope if it is it will turn out to be Chad's. The show had them in bed a few times before the alters took over for awhile. But it will probably be a Who's the Daddy storyline for awhile with the fear that Stefan is the father. And he will probably be causing all sorts of trouble for Chad and Abby.

Very true. Abigail makes the most sense unfortunately. I don't know how old Eve is supposed to be on the show. I just took a guess since the spoilers say Brady gets a bombshell right before he makes his choice that could change everything. But then again, spoilers are misleading.

edited to write out text-speak; please remember many here don't text and have no idea what those abbreviations are supposed to mean - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
.my sister-in-law became a grandmother when she was 36
So did my aunt. She's now a 55-year-old great-grandmother and my mom (who is not yet a grandmother and is older than this aunt) likes to tease her about it.

Back to topic -- if this is Abby's baby, it better be Chad's and there better not be a question about it. Period. I will accept no less. Rex and Mimi's kid would make sense too, although I'm still not sure why they're back in Salem.

I, for one, really don't want to see women in their 40s & 50s having babies. That's one reason why I have a problem with Rafe & Hope. I think he'd make a great dad, but Hope is just too old to have more kids. Sami, too.

I agree about Hope but I'm the same age as Sami and I don't feel too old to have kids. Lots of women in their 40s do it.

So did my aunt. She's now a 55-year-old great-grandmother and my mom (who is not yet a grandmother and is older than this aunt) likes to tease her about it.

Back to topic -- if this is Abby's baby, it better be Chad's and there better not be a question about it. Period. I will accept no less. Rex and Mimi's kid would make sense too, although I'm still not sure why they're back in Salem.

Same thing happened to my sister-in-law because both she and her daughter got pregnant in high school. Her grandson hasn't had kids yet but he's old enough to have them.

I also think this is Abby's baby based on the timing and I too hope it ends up belonging to Chad. Just because we didn't see them sleep together doesn't mean they haven't. Look at Claire, Zack, Ciara, etc.

However, I still think Sami and/or Nicole will return to Salem with babies in tow. More so Sami since we know she is already back taping and also because Hope and Rafe seem to be headed towards reconciliation.

Keep in mind this casting call could be for a day player's kid.

Yep; remember the casting call for a little kid to appear around the time Kristen and Brady discussed adoption? Turns out it was just a little boy at St. Luke's school that Brady and Kristen had a nano-second interaction with. Or the little girl cast that people thought might be Kristen's child. She ended up being just a little girl who tripped and bumped her knee or elbow in Horton Town Square and Kristen comforted her until her mom got there. (while Brady happened to be there to see Kristen's "soft" side)

However, I still think Sami and/or Nicole will return to Salem with babies in tow.
Hey, I have a great idea! Nicole and Sami could both return to Salem just as they are ready to give birth. Then, the babies could be switched at birth and..... Hold on! That sounds so familiar. It seems like I've seen that plot play out somewhere. If I could only remember where...…

Hey, I have a great idea! Nicole and Sami could both return to Salem just as they are ready to give birth. Then, the babies could be switched at birth and..... Hold on! That sounds so familiar. It seems like I've seen that plot play out somewhere. If I could only remember where...…
Hmmmm, that was a plot on Y&R back in 1991. :rolleyes:

I had always wondered if the same writer for Y&R at that time was the one who wrote the storyline for Nicole and Sami on Days in 2009 since it was practically identical, down to the black-market baby dying from an illness several months later.

I look at the Salem timeline with a grain of salt at the moment. When you have one day that can span several episodes, or a timeline that isn't clear whether it's day to day (or, if they're not interconnected, it's possible that different spans of time are occurring for different characters, until they're brought together). So there's that.

As for who the baby belongs to? Theresa, Claire, Ciara, Sami. Those all seem like the most likely candidates.

Unless Kayla is going to have a change of life baby, no thanks. I've got a nagging suspicion that it'll be a Claire baby, and Salem is not a good world if she's given permission to breed at her current temperament.

Ooh! Unless they are planning on capitalizing on the success of "Stranger Things," and this is going to be a psychic baby from the Upside Down! (Don't laugh. It's a soap opera. I can dream. Haha!)

Oh for crying out loud. Yeah, another baby. Please, could Days add more storylines that include kids and pregnancies?!!! :sarcasm:

Back