Casting call

But Eric is not in his 50s.......he is Sami's twin. So, early 40s at the Max. Sami is supposed to be very late 30s. They make Eric appear older than he is, perhaps because they paired him now with grandmother, Jennifer??

Eric and Sami turned 40 on their last birthday when Sami came to town. While the twins were born onscreen in 1984, they were SORAS'ed in 1993 when Sami came back to town and according to SoapCentral, their birth year changed to 1977.

It could be that Lani's baby is who they are casting, and by then, Lani is with Eli, and they are both shocked by the baby's coloring, which then leads to genetic testing and it turning to be JJ's after all. (Seeing as the writers seem to write the worst possible twists to the lives of those in Salem.)

Since this baby is one day only, I doubt if it will belong to any of the people suggested. It is not recurring......just a one day gig. As mentioned earlier, could just be a baby seen in a room, a hospital nursery....or maybe one that EMT JJ delivers!

Except she said "role" and "stay tuned". I know it's her first acting job per the hashtags but I'd think if it were a one day bit part, she wouldn't sound so excited.

this is probably a nothing character.
Especially since it appears to be a single baby and not a set of twins. If they're only using one baby, chances are her screen time is going to be minimal.

Could also be a baby seen in a dream/daydream/nightmare or a newly created flashback.

Back