Celebrity Apprentice

S

Sparkster

The Celebrity Apprentice starts tonight on NBC at 9pm eastern. Anyone else plan on watching? Should be interesting with folks like Geraldo Rivera, Terrell Owens, and Kate Gosselin among others. There are a couple "housewives" and Olympic medalists as well. I always enjoy this show.

I haven't watched in a few seasons but I watch and add it to my DVR again tonight. I love a good train wreck!

Part of me thinks the show is rigged because Kate wasn't fired but Keisha was so arrogant and cocky, I think that superseded Kate.

I have a feeling the winner will be a male though.

Only watched the last twenty minutes. Was laughing at how the men were intrigued by the women's conversations with Trump. Kate did a good job of buttering up Trump. No, I was watching another show.

Just a reminder that there are 2 new episodes on tonight as well

hmmm I typically like this show. I may tune in for a bit... but I don't like Kate Gosselin. ugh. I just can't like her. I try, I really do. She may even be wonderful in person (that is, if we only met once for a brief amount of time. I imagine if we hung out every day her crazy is more than likely going come out)

edited comment....JS

Watched Kate G. on Dancing with the Stars, and ...well, let's just say she really gave her partner a hard time. I may tune in for a bit tonight.....I think I like the guy group better, but I know they will get all mixed up as time goes on. I never consistently watch this show, because I have felt the wrong person is sent home so often, and that Trump doesn't hear folks out at times.....though that definitely could be editing.

I really would love to know how much control Trump really has over this show. Because the fact that both Geraldo and Kate are still there screams NBC ratings to me. I watched every episode of Kate's show back in the day but she is way out of her league here.

But at the same time, I do think the right people have been fired thus far.

And I decided to watch last night, and totally agree about Geraldo. He is so full of himself, and how "recognizable" his voice would be in comparison to the person chosen. It looks as though he wants to be project manager or rather "BIG BOSS" of every project. And Trump...he has been told repeatedly about Geraldo's failure to be a team player, how he tries to sabotage the efforts of his fellow team members.....and yet Trump refuses to fire him.

Interesting side note. Last night I watched a small portion of the Wendy Williams show, and she had Keisha Knight Pullam (sp?) on. Wendy noted Keisha was fired because she had failed to call Bill Cosby for a donation. She mentioned the checks that had not come in, etc. etc. But also the bad weather that prevented some arriving. This show was filmed LAST MARCH. Yes, March of 2014, yes, 10 months ago, and yes, before the current negative publicity Bill Cosby is getting. She said, she had not talked to him in over 5 years, and just did not feel comfortable after all that time, to say, Hello, Mr. Cosby, this is Keisha, give me $5000. She noted that show was over 30 years ago, that while they all had fun and enjoyed themselves while filming, they do not get together every Friday for dinner, or even once a month, etc.

She felt it was so very unfair, that two people did not bring in even a penny, but was very animated about her charity, which is going well.

Anyway, Geraldo really has to tone it down, but RS is probably right. The camera constantly focused on him, his reactions to statements, his silly "Neat - Sweet" slogan, plus Trump refused to listen to how disruptive he was during attempts to discuss and plan the events. Plus Trump really got on Kevin's case about not bringing in Lorenzo (who directed the commercial) So Geraldo is their star, and no matter how he railroads his teammates, he stays.

First Episode: it was pretty obvious from the get go that the men were going to destroy the women in the fundraising task. Geraldo obviously knows people (Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc.) with deep pockets. I think he himself raised more money than the entire women's team. I think Piers pointed out to the women that they didn't make raising money their number one goal. Plus, for that type of task they should have made someone like Leeza or Vivica project manager as they would probably have more money leads. Even though Kate didn't bring any money in I think Trump was correct in firing Keisha.

Second Episode: I think the men got way too cocky, especially Kevin. However, I agree about Geraldo. He was purposely trying to sabotage Kevin and inserting himself where he wasn't wanted. In terms of the boardroom, I believe Kevin deserved to be fired because he had no business bringing Ian in there and Trump made him pay for it. I kind of don't really know how the women won considering what a lousy PM Kate was. Good thing they had Leeza on their team to pick up the slack. I seriously thought they were intentionally trying to lose and get Kate fired.

Third Episode: I wasn't too surprised the women won or that Gilbert got fired. However, I didn't blame Shawn one bit for being mad at Vivica for outing her little monthly problem. Seriously? I can't imagine how I'd feel if someone did that to me in the middle of the boardroom in front of my boss. Wow, how humiliating.

I didn't see Keisha as arrogant. I saw her point in not wanting to call him up for money even if it was charity (I knew this was filmed before all the Cosby stuff hit the fan).
Geraldo is well...Geraldo lol yep seems full of himself.
I just can't be a fan of Kate anytime.

All this is my opinion from the first episode didn't get to see Monday nights may catch it on Hulu. Kind of surprised Gilbert was fired then again... Just my opinion but it seemed like Kevin did a lot of complaining.

I don't think that is why she was fired. I think it was because she was so cocky in the boardroom and refused to take responsibility for the team's loss. She kept trying to blame Kate.

On another note, Trump tweeted earlier today that had Kevin brought Lorenzo into the boardroom, he would not have been fired.

I'm curious to see how long Geraldo and Kate last. I don't think either of them will win but I do think they will get at least halfway.

I don't think Keisha was arrogant, I think she was just trying to defend herself. I don't blame her for not calling Bill Cosby. She still would have lost more than likely since Geraldo beat them by twice as much money. That's why another person should have come forward as PM who could have brought more money in. I definitely think the women (with two Olympic athletes and three reality show folks) have the clear disadvantage in the fundraising department. Luckily those aren't the task every week. Hence, the guys losing two in a row now.

I don't blame Keshia for not calling Bill Cosby but I don't think she took enough responsibility for the team's failure. She kept trying to shift the blame to other team members. As soon as she started doing that, I knew she was the one who was going to get fired.

It is interesting that we've had 3 episodes and 2 of them have been cooking related. I wish they'd do more tasks for non-profits and small businesses who could use the help rather than friends of Trump who are already established.

I am going cold turkey on Apprentice. Basically the same boring ad campaign/charity fund raising challenges, season after season. The much-promoted personality conflicts are not exciting enough to warrant the discomfort required to watch the dreck. Just my opinion, but "perception is reality." :rolleyes:

I did not think Keisha was arrogant either, and I cannot and will not fault her for not calling Cosby. And I am betting Trump has been catching a lot of flak now for firing Kevin and not Geraldo. Why he harped and harped on Lorenzo is beyond me. He directed and the company big wigs like the commercial.....and Geraldo did his best to torpedo every aspect of that commercial.
I think it was a lot of baloney. Kevin immediately set to work, chose his top committee people, and they all tried hard to do the assignment, even tho hampered by Geraldo's constant interruptions and whining.Surprised me the women won that commercial gig, but....
Well, I suppose the next task will be the art auction, isn't that usually one of the things.This was the first time I watched anything in several years, just too repetitive for me.

That is precisely why I think NBC has influence over who gets fired. Geraldo has been in the boardroom twice now and the feedback about him is consistent. Not to mention that the advisors supposedly see what goes on during the task as well. Yet he is still there.

Aside from being able to cook/bake, I haven't seen Kate exhibit any business skills in any of the tasks. Yet she is still there too.

Oh I'm sure there is some interference by the suits to try to control the "game" so to speak. They want as much drama as possible which is probably why both Kate and Geraldo are still there. Had Keisha raised a lot of money herself in that task, Kate definitely would have been fired since she didn't raise anything.

Geraldo was definitely annoying on the second two tasks. I wonder though if it was just purposely edited that way and maybe most of the guys just don't like him or see him as a strong player and therefore want to eliminate the competition.

Back