Changes are coming....

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! We sure have been bombarded with the surprises of late. We will be losing, Will, Sonny, Hope, Eric, Rafe , Gabi, Ciara. Gaining Chloe, Philip. Claire will have a recast for the end of her run, as Olivia Keegan has another obligation to a Disney movie. Doubt the changes and new is done yet. Greg Meng, exec producer for umpteen years was fired.

Seems there is a huge shakeup going on behind closed doors, we probably will not ever know true story. Hard to believe Ciara & Eric were let go right after marriages, tho I did not (me personal) think much of any of the weddings.

On a positive note, am glad Steve & Kayla back together, just hope it sticks & they stay in town.

We may not see much of whatever til September, but it sure is like a tornado hit Salem......(and I do not mean Sami, gad, I hate her return so far). On a positive note, love Allie, she is good addition, and is working so well with Will, her older brother.

My other positive is so far, no mention of the mummy in re: Sami!!

Negative is Sami herself.........but you all have seen it.

Love Lucas, hope he sticks around long term.????

My biggest question is...why no mention at all of Johnny & Sydney?

Okay, I know this is way overly optimistic, but what if all the changes bring in a breath of fresh air and some exciting new storylines!? Many of us complained about how stale things have become, perhaps there's a chance for improvement here??:huh:

I read a rumor that there are 2 more people leaving, but they seemed to indicate that it wasn't Jack/Jennifer or Marlena/John. I don't know why they are just talking about couples and not individuals, but I guess we will know more once they actually start filming again.

@Poirot, do you think they were all let go? I got the impression that the later ones - Hope, Ciara, and Eric left because they wanted to go (maybe they felt the new direction and contracts left them with little incentive to stay). The others, I agree, were let go.

I've read about two other leaving too, but no names.

I'm not sure how many were let go and how many wanted to go. Things happened
when they took the break in Nov and people weren't on contract for a time. When
they came back, we found out the actors who played Sonny and Will were written
out.

When does Marci Miller as Abby comes back? Is it in September?

Abby will be returning before September, probably within a week or two. No idea about Belle & Shawn, they were to be a short arc, like Sami, or Lucas. Or Vivian. There could be behind the scenes as well, crew folks perhaps. Of these leaving, most were let go. For whatever reasons.

Sort of reminds me of when James Reilly killed off all those major characters one after the other, & NBC came storming in, said bring them back, ALL of them, don't care how. And there was Melaswen & the claim everyone was hypnotized. LOL However, in this case, no idea how folks will be written out.

Are we still to believe that what we are seeing on screen is still a year ahead or has what we've seen up to Mother's Day caught us up to current time? I wonder if, since Bonnie has been brought back and they are bring Philip back, if Mimi and baby will be coming back; then maybe Rex Brady comes back to stir things up with Mimi again and/or Sarah and Xander. I thought I read some time back that Johnny was returning.

I think that Eve and Eduardo are in cahoots with kidnapping Ben, since neither would want Ben to have a happy life after having killed their daughter.

Well phooey. I have a sick feeling we're going to be drowning in stories focusing on Eve. I skip most of her stuff. I'd rather watch Kate than Eve. There's nothing interesting about Eve's nastiness. She's just bitter and mean.

Good question about the current time in Salem, Audubon5. I'd kinda forgotten about the time jump.

I saw a one-liner that said Deidre Hall (Marlena) was leaving but there was nothing credible associated with that post.

NOTE: this is a RUMOR - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
They are running out of fresh storylines. Explosions, kidnapping, ruined weddings, surprise children and the undead have been done so many times they make me yawn. Seriously, how many times was Ciara kidnapped and tied up in the cabin (which came back from the dead itself!) and almost cremated in that cabin. Marlena is another one who has been kidnapped multiple times and she was even caged! Days is committing suicide with all of this recycled nonsense. I hope somebody can save it!

Louise Sorel (Vivian) is no longer in the credits. Camila Banus (Gabi) had made a couple of comments on twitter, but nothing since then. I know there are sites that jump onto something, expand on it......but mostly inventing. Days really has put it's foot down on the actors' or crew leaking info before they deem it "time". Victoria Konefal (Ciara) filmed her last scenes BEFORE the latest pandemic shutdown, which means around end of Feb. & word is out just now. She will be seen throughout Sept, tho.

Back