onion
4 slices of bacon (cook crisp ) crumble when cool
i/4 cup of butter
1/2 pound of Velveta cut up
4oz of sour cream
2 cups of milk
2 cups of potato water
1 can of cream of celery soup

Fry bacon (crisp) set aside save 2 TBS of bacon grease, add butter and chopped onion saute till onion is tender. Peel and cut up potatoes cook till almost done, drain reserving 2 cups of potato water
add the rest of the ingridents simmer till cheese is melted and soup is hot ( stirring so it doesnt scorch) Can omit bacon greese if you want

this sounds WONDERFUL and I have some roasted 'taters needing some use. I could use chicken stock (that I have) for the water.

I had some Roasted Red (Bell) Pepper and Crab Bisque last night for my lunch at work - it came from a local store here. It was so good I looked up a recipe for it to make some without the crab so I can share with the Hubby. he has seafood allergy.

YUM that sounds good Gonna print this one out.

I made this today only I used Italian Sausage instead of Bacon and added some shredded Cheddar for a cheesier taste, and I used a can of Progresso Garlic Recipe Starter instead of the can of cream of celery soup. I also omitted the butter and used the fat from the sausage to cook the onions in.

Tasty! The test now is if the hubby likes. He likes the Zuppa Toscano from Olive Garden and this is similar to that.

I don't cook much and so I hardly ever look at the recipes. This one sure does sound good. Myst, I couldn't help but laugh at how you changed most of the ingredients. But it doesn't matter though, since your version sounds delicious as well.

LOL, I just bought some Velveta, but forgot the Cream of Celery soup, however, did remember the bacon. The recipe really does sound fabulous.

@ OCG - LOL well, sometimes you gotta use what you got! I did use the velveta, sour cream, milk, onions and taters.
Ham would be good in it as well.

P. S. Hubby likes it!

I just happen to have 1/2 lb Velveta leftover from another recipe and a whole lot of potatoes from buy one get 2 free deal, so I decided to make this, and it is delicious! Very easy to make too. I didn't have bacon on hand, but I can totally see how it would complement the soup! I think I can get 8 servings out of this too.

Back