Chloe's baby

This is pure speculation, but the thought of a Daniel/Nicole baby is so horrific that the only thing worse is a baby with Deimos. A nurse came in during that flashback to apologize for being delayed but she had been dealing with a drunk. What if that drunk person was actually Eric at the clinic (so drunk he doesn't remember visiting the clinic), and when Chloe went back to try again, they mixed up Daniel and Eric's specimen and Chloe is actually carrying a baby for Nicole and Eric?
There had to be a reason for the nurse rushing in, saying she had gotten delayed due to the drunk. Then making the comment about labeling Daniel's deposit. Sounds like they are definitely setting up another twist down the road.
Was it Sami who spun the samples for Belle, or Sheila on B&B spinning the samples for Bridget? Someone did it and I'm confusing my soaps.
It was Sheila spinning the samples on B&B, not Sami on Days.

we have seen the Black Glove do that to Belle/Philip & Mimi?Shawn on Days..

I think that whatever had been planned for John (& anyone else), had to be so quickly discarded, so of course a rush job to fill in the big gap, create new story in a hurry, & film....and there certainly has been enough talk about why Nik has to be the one to constantly lose much wanted babies.

It was very creative to get Daniel to be filmed in flashback (by the way, you can tell from Nicole's hairstyle, length, cut, it was newly created....some are asking if they "forgot" or "missed" an episode way back....)

At the time he accused her, he was reeling from Kristen's assault. He later apologized once he realized his mistake. Daniel NEVER apologized to Nicole for his treatment of her and in his usual smug, satisfied way, felt that everything he did was right and Nicole was wrong.

Only towards the end before they became engaged, did he suddenly decide they should be together and just got together with her, but there was no onscreen resolution of the issues that existed between them. I want Nicole to have a baby but not with Daniel who treated her terribly.

I guess we agree to disagree. Some people, and I know a few personally, just aren't apology people. Instead they show by actions. Daniel showed his undying love and made her so very happy. That was the important part. I find if you wait for some people to apologize in life, you may wait forever.
Eric the drunk killed that love, killed that future. To ever be the father of that baby would be cruel torture to Nicole for the rest of her life.

I always liked the Eric/Nicole pairing until the writers turned Eric into a drunk jerk. If the baby does belong to Eric and Nicole I could get on that band wagon if Eric is redeemed and he and Nicole could be happy and raise the baby together.

Here at work, my friend Janis and I are always getting laughed at because we discuss DOOL like we are part of the show. I called this one when we first heard Chloe was pregnant. Dang! I'm good. On the other hand though I will be really angry if Chloe does not come clean with Nicole....

Last edited:
I guess I'm the only one who is glad Nicole is finally getting a baby. Will she name him Daniel, Jr. like she was going to name the last baby? As for Chloe making demands on Nicole, she can't, she is just a surrogate mother, she has no right to the baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't mind this story, even though it is a bit far-fetched that a surrogate could "try" as many times as she wanted without telling the parents. :confused:

Anyway, Nicole will finally get her baby, and it's not that big of a deal to me that it is Daniel's. I hope it will lead to the end of Deimos and Nicole because she finally gets her baby and he doesn't, so that causes conflict.

The dreamer in me would like to see Eric come back, somehow make up with Nicole, and raise Daniel's baby with her as a way to make it up to them. (I know, it sounds lame, but lamer things have happened!) What I DON'T want to see happen is Chloe NOT tell Nicole because of the Deimos situation. Or have Chloe tell Nicole that it's Daniel's baby without telling her that it's also Nicole's baby.

But watch, Chloe will be agitated with Nicole and will blurt out that it's Daniel's baby. Nicole will be devastated for a minute, until Chloe tells her that it's Nicole's too. I suppose that would end ok, but would certainly be eye-rolly if they allowed that to happen - for even a moment. I just expect that it will happen.

I'm with Jen67 and hope her about Eric theory becomes reality.

I always liked the Eric/Nicole pairing until the writers turned Eric into a drunk jerk. If the baby does belong to Eric and Nicole I could get on that band wagon if Eric is redeemed and he and Nicole could be happy and raise the baby together.

I think Eric already was somewhat redeemed before he went to jail. The accident was a horrific error by a good person. He didn't maliciously kill anyone. And if you'll recall, Nicole was one of the people concerned about him before he got behind the wheel that night. They were in a good place before the accident.

I still believe that Nicole and Eric were the great loves of each other's lives and I'm also hoping for a twist. I'm only mentioning this because it's storyline relevant here but I strongly believe the reason for the sudden shift to Daniel and Nicole after the basement scenes was actor dictated because the actors playing Daniel and Nicole are a real life couple. We saw a similar turn of events in the early 2000s when the actress playing Nicole was married to the former actor playing Brady. My point is a lot of the Daniel/Nicole are this great couple stuff seems forced. So it dilutes a lot of the history she has with Eric.

I'm ok with this being a Nicole/Daniel baby. I've always wanted Nicole to have a baby, so I'm excited this baby could be hers. And sure, let it be Daniel's, I don't care.

Give the child a paperclip, a shoe string, and a spray tan bottle. Someone needs to be the chief surgeon around Salem. Might as well be orange MacGyver baby.

Salem docks are completely unsafe with no one around to perform spur of the moment heart and brain surgeries in random alleys.

I still believe that Nicole and Eric were the great loves of each other's lives and I'm also hoping for a twist.
On balance I feel this as well, but I have to say it wouldn't be much of a twist and I'd hate to see another repeat of "great love" coming out of a bungled baby scenario (Johnny/Sami/EJ, Brady/Tate/Jeannie T). However I'd be happier with a bouncing baby Brady than the Orange Eggspawn's hatchling.

Back