Ciara

I think it is too soon for Hope to move on with ANYONE. i love Rafe, and if that is the way the show wants to go 6 mos from now, fine. Meanwhile, let's get some better dialogue for Ciara, and let's have Hope pay more attention to her rather willful daughter, and get her to realize she is not Ann Landers.

I am FF thru Ciara, she is way too annoying to watch!!!! I get they are young and need time to develop, but they should not be in storylines of their own. Give them time to develop and put them in storylines with the vets.

Which is why one is able to tolerate Joey, who came on interacting with his parents, and has MOSTLY been involved with them, and Ava, of course. Same goes for Claire, who has MOSTLY interacted with Eve, her dad, a bit with her mom.

If one thinks back to the Last Blast set, they did have their own stories a lot, but.....different writers, actors, bigger budget, etc. etc. So far, this teen set just seems out of place. I hope that all changes...

If one thinks back to the Last Blast set, they did have their own stories a lot, but.....different writers, actors, bigger budget, etc. etc. So far, this teen set just seems out of place. I hope that all changes...

True but they were also heavily involved with their parents as well. Shawn was always around Bo and Hope and later Zack and Chelsea. Belle was always getting advice from John and Marlena. Then the Brady versus Marlena nonsense and Belle was involved with that too. Chloe had the story of finding out Craig and Nancy were her biological parents then the leukemia storyline which also heavily involved Craig and Nancy. So they did a good job too of giving us teens to care about because they were connected to vets. I think in time the current teens could be better developed as well with proper writing.

I think it is too soon for Hope to move on with ANYONE. i love Rafe, and if that is the way the show wants to go 6 mos from now, fine.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I really don't understand why they feel the need to rush this relationship. Like many, I was skeptical when they started dropping hints regarding the possible pairing. The scenes with Bo honing in on Rafe's hidden feelings for Hope were very well done, especially when we recall that Bo was present throughout Rafe's relationship with Sami and was well aware of the lengths he went to when it came to protecting her and the children. I also liked that Roman is also reading Rafe's feelings and actions, and brought up both his own history with Marlena and Rafe's with Sami. If they really want to give the relationship a chance, they need to slow down, and give Hope some real time to process what's happened and the consequences of what she's done.

I wouldn't mind Hope and Rafe, if they would slow it down. I don't mind Ciara except her constant nudging Hope and Rafe to get together. It just my opinion but I think they are trying to do the opposite of Sami "Mommy & Daddy should be together no matter the cost" Brady type. They are trying but not succeeding in doing something a little different. It makes Hope look unstable to have 3 men in so many months, geez.

I mean we saw Bo's approval, fine that was all well. Needed to see a slow build up. Hopefully they will slow it down. I do eventually want to see them together (Hope and Rafe) .

Days has done the "mommy & daddy have to be together" thing with nearly every couple that had children together. If Theresa & Brady are apart, Tate will be saying the same thing like Joey just did, like Claire is trying to do, like Ciara would if she could, but Rafe is the nearest thing she has right now. He is the one who helped her with her base ball, her ice skating, probably soccer and volleyball as well. LOL Sami wanted it in the past with her parents, I think even Will tried it with Sami & Lucas. LOL

Ciara is a lot like Paige, dull and boring with no substance! She's the good girl who is very naive and not at all Ciara we knew as Lauren Boles. She is not spunky or quick witted. Let alone the writers are making Ciara out as some damsel in distress. Lauren Boles version of Ciara would have probably tricked her captors to let her go way before Hope had to arrive to get her.

If anything I felt the writers are writing Claire the way Ciara should be written and vice versa.

I know the teen scene will NEVER be as good as The Last Blast crew. However with the times and budgets, its not as cheesey and flashy as the times back then which is what made it. Though I am sure the teen scene is just barely kicking off so we still have dances, cheerleading, jocks, all that I am sure later on.

You cannot have dances, sock hops, etc. without music. and Days no longer does that. The only music not needing royalties are Christmas hymns. Or songs written by brand new artists. We will never hear Lady in Red, You've Got a Friend, That's ALL, etc. No one even dances any more, They sort of shuffle their feet in one spot, if they are supposed to be dancing. Gad, I remember that Waltz Hope & Aiden did, which was pathetic. And there were little Ciara & Chase trying to mimic their parents. In that tiny, tiny room. LOL

Ciara has been the child we knew so well growing up in Salem. Although Joey, Chase, and Theo grew up in Salem, they were not seen as often as Ciara was so it was a lot easier for the recast older versions to come on the show and define the role for them. As Claire has not been seen since she was a toddler, this actress is also able to define the role for herself. I kind of think new Ciara would have been accepted on screen if we had not already seen Lauren Boles define the character so well that she became difficult to replace and now there is a jarring difference between the two actresses that Ciara seems like a new character.

Jen67 exactly, Ciara seems almost like a brand new character. But I guess that what happens with recasting.

Eve seemed like a brand new character, period, and not much of the Eve from the 80's. Even Kate had to reinvent her role when Deborah Adair played Kate she was a lot more sophisticated and conservative, while Lauren Koslow is more edgy and alternative Kate.

Every recast makes the character a bit different. And it happens all the time. Stephanie, Abby, Brady, (both Jack and Jennifer), Billie, Austin, Shawn, Belle, Mickey, Will, Philip, Mike Horton, and yes, even Roman.

With Ciara, the same actress had the role for a lot of years, (unlike for instance, Will, or Allie, who were portrayed by several different actors while growing up)....and yes, she was so good...that was why she stayed so long. But, there is no way to turn 12 yr. old Lauren Boles into being 16 yr. old Ciara. I think MAYBE the casting focused more on resemblance than anything else. But, who knows what factors were taken into consideration.
But you know, many times, actors come on the show, and learn a great deal from the older vets. After a year or so, the improvement shows. I know I have read comments from some actors who were so grateful to the actors portraying either John, or Marlena, or Alice, yes, and Tom as well.

Back