Come on already, writers

Thanks, KL. Sounds like it's done on the down-low as most parents don't even know it's done and that the DNA is stored.

I get doing the genetic testing for certain diseases, but doing it without consent and keeping the DNA on file indefinitely sounds like a slippery slope for legal matters.

I asked some colleagues about this and they practically drooled at the prospect of legal action.

Apparently they were trying to have a baby via IVF before Daniel died. We learned this via newly created flashbacks. Chloe offered to be the surrogate and the first time didn't take. Then after Daniel died, Chloe took it upon herself to try again so that Nicole could be a mom. This time it took.

After this happened, she reconnected with Deimos when he was presumed dead. They had previously had a fling in Chicago when he went by the name Robert. She look care of him for a couple nights and they slept together so initially they thought the baby was Deimos and Chloe's. DNA proved them wrong. Chloe sent him packing when she realized he had a thing for Nicole who is a ringer for his late fiancee Helena. Chloe realized the last IVF treatment worked. Chloe does not want the baby around Deimos at all so she is hesitant to tell Nicole the truth.

She wasn't DNA tested. Apparently this is something done in real life, but it wasn't done on Holly. Otherwise, they'd have had proof a couple weeks ago.

Salem has it's own set of rules for everything.......lol.

I am thinking that years ago, perhaps, this blood & DNA testing was not done, but it seems in this day and age, with kidnappings, runaways, etc. that perhaps it is a safeguard to positively identify someone as the person/baby who was taken, etc. Just read of a little baby girl, taken when 8 hours old, in Florida, who was found living in North Carolina, having been lovingly raised by her mother, the person who had stolen her. Seems the "mother", was living in Fl., suffered a miscarriage, and within a few hours, donned a nurse's smock, took the baby for "tests" as she pretended to be a nurse.

My children were all born in Illinois, and while they had footprints done, they also had blood tests, but only because of the RH factor...(I am negative) to make sure their blood was o.k. But times change. After all, back when Days began, no cell phones, smart phones, computers, or 6" spike heels. LOLOL

Thanks, @robinsnest & @Noel ! I'm trying my best to get caught up, I really didn't expect to miss as much as I have.

I'm glad the Holly reveal is moving along, maybe I picked back up at just the right time. :rotfl: Since DNA testing on the mother isn't a common thing, they really could have dragged it out forever.

Back