Coming soon.....via SOD

Hmmm. Will the actor that played Ben also return just for the reshooting of the murder/death scene at Ben's apartment?

I would love if they recreated the wedding between Sonny and Will. It was bittersweet having a new actor, Guy Wilson, portray Will marrying Sonny after Chandler Massey's Will had been the one that really made me (and millions of others) become a big Sonny/Will fan.

I do agree it was rather a letdown for that wedding to occur with the recast, instead of the originals. However, probably would have been even more jarring, had we seen Chandler Massey portraying Will during the wedding, but right after had the recast.

The actor was fired, at the time, immediately, thus a recast was made within a day or two.

And yes, anytime there is a recast, there would be a flashback problem. When I read of reshooting Will's death, I immediately thought of previous Abby, dancing on the bed with the tied to the bedpost Ben, setting fire. Would be a stitch to have that refilmed with present Abby......but, it won't be, of course.

I wanted to revisit Poirot's post about Jim Reilly. I'm glad I found someone else who could not stand the Reilly 2.0 era! I think that fuels my intense dislike for Bonnie. And I've always loved Judi Evans (Adrienne).

I was not in favor of all of the characters being bounced off of Days in the first place. And the maddening thing is fans didn't realize real damage was being done to the show. The response to complainers from most everyone on the message boards was "Shut up! This is a great story! We don't care who gets killed!" All I could think was "You will, eventually."

By the time the story got to the end and characters like Doug and Alice were killed, the response from fans was a 180. It was like "What the hell is this?" I had the biggest smirk on my face and I resisted the urge to say "Shut up. You loved this story, you don't have the right to complain. This is what you wanted."

And I walked away. I could never forgive Days for killing off all those characters. Of course, about a week later the show pulled me back in when they announced everyone was alive.

Days would not have seen its 40th anniversary if the show had continued down the path Jim Reilly wrote. Of course we'll never know what was supposed to be the real story, but I think the show's ratings would have been so low NBC would have had no choice but to cancel it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It WAS hard to believe, at the time, that NO one stepped in to stop Reilly as he gruesomely murdered so many major characters. Not just one, but a slew of them. Hey, the scripts/story outlines, etc. had to be seen by others at some point, but, in MY opinion, once again, it proved how little attention Corday pays to the show, or what goes on. Which is why it remains difficult to accept any statements he makes about the show.

I still wonder how all the Days execs thought Salem was going to survive losing Abe, Jack, Maggie, Caroline, Roman, Tony, Doug, Marlena, Alice....Cassie was a new character back then. The backlash was huge, NBC stepped in, and in a far-fetched plot, the dead turned up on an island, a replica of Salem.

Oh, several of Days actors have reported looking for other jobs,accepting other work, so it was a done deal, the characters WERE supposed to stay dead.

So now, instead of pretend dead, I guess we get doppelgangers. All these lookalikes. Now, while I will admit that there are probably people who do resemble or look like others, I don't think they are all in the same place. LOL. Rafe, Marlena, Adrienne, Hope, ....all have had those who "look like" them. What surprises me is Maggie knew Bonnie, and despite the different hair style, should have noted/made a comment how she remembers this gal who looked a lot like Adrienne. Alas......no such thing. Everyone has remained oblivious.

Unless Jack will return as a surprise, it doesn't look like they intend to bring him back at all. "Jack" must have really made somebody mad for them to just forget him.:huh:

Corday has publicly stated he doesn't like Matt Ashford (Jack) and insisted the character be killed off. It was 2012 if I remember the date right. I hoped a new writer would see how many fans love/miss Jack and bring him back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The actor was fired, at the time, immediately, thus a recast was made within a day or two.

And yes, anytime there is a recast, there would be a flashback problem. When I read of reshooting Will's death, I immediately thought of previous Abby, dancing on the bed with the tied to the bedpost Ben, setting fire. Would be a stitch to have that refilmed with present Abby......but, it won't be, of course.
After trying, I just cannot get on board with this Abigail. She does not have the spark that Kate Mansi had (previous Abigail), the range of emotions Kate Mansi portrayed and plays Abigail SO differently. I get that actors taking over a role want to bring something in to make it their own or add depth but in my opinion, I prefer and enjoyed the previous Abigail.

Back