Crazy Ben

ShaSha

Reaction score
How much crazier can Ben get? Today's episode was wild. I wanted to jump through the screen and get him. Hopefully, Ben will be put away for a very long, long, long, time. This guy should have had therapy long ago. I guess Jordan never thought about it. Being in the business of physical therapy, I am surprised she never thought of he brother's trauma, but she never addressed hers as well.

Hope this ends soon. :eek: :fan: ShaSha

There is a huge difference between physical therapy, and mental therapy. And perhaps Ben was never so unstable as to cause any concern. Heck, there are people who are quirky, who are considered eccentric, unconventional but that doesn't mean they need a psychiatrist.

In Ben's case, his troubles have been piling up ever since his father came to Salem, and then his sister left town. Daddy dearest was a fraud, pleaded being sorry for what he had done to the kids in their youth, convinced Ben (tho not Jordan) that he was a changed man who wanted to make it up to them all. Ben took back the family name, believed all his old man said, had no idea the evil the man spread throughout the town, or what was said and done behind his back, in the name of "love" for his son.

So.......his sister left town, his father filled his head with lies, he fell in love with a gal who actually was in love with someone else, but would not admit it. He became more and more paranoid, Daddy dearest was hauled off to jail in Florida, and Ben was left to flounder around on his own.

And, he just edged closer and closer, finally falling off the deep end.

I think Abby realizes he is not stable, that his thinking is very marred, which is why she keeps referring to the baby, as he seems to want to protect the child, but in his own way. Which truly is not the right way, but he thinks it is.

I think Jordan truly did not know the extent of Ben's instability. He seemed to do a good job hiding it from Abigail as well until the cabin scenes so what's to say he didn't do the same with Jordan? He just masked his instability as a bad temper. Two different things that can look very similar.

I really hope they do have Jordan return temporarily or at least be seen via phone call as she seemed to be one of the few people who could get through to Ben.

Poirot, I know that physical therapy is different than mental therapy, but my point was, Jordan was doing physical therapy and you have to take some psychology to go with that. Physical therapy is used for mental patients as well. All that being said, Ben showed his bad temper early on and Jordan always had to calm him down and told him he would have to keep his temper under control. Temper by Ben was never addressed by a professional, which Jordan should have referfed him to. Well, I guess if Jordan did that we would have no story.:confused: :beat:ShaSha

I just read on another site, although many think this site is unreliable, that Ben will be back before too long.

Another thing serial killers, including disorganized ones, are not crazy in the clinical sense of the term. They may exhibit extremely odd behavior at times but they are fully aware of their actions and can plan things out as Ben has clearly demonstrated, especially following Will's murder. I hope the writers keep this in mind so things remain believable.

Reverting to talking as if he was a little boy, afraid of his daddy's anger made me think that if he had not been handcuffed, he would have curled up into a fetal position. He now seems to have lost all sense of reality. But......we will see what happens tomorrow...

Can't say I thought of that......probably because I won't watch Psycho when it is rerun. Saw it a few times....that was enough for me. LOL
But I will say, that final shot of Ben........eerie, creepy and heartbreaking. And yes, you are right soapie, about the pics.

A while back, in an interview, Galen Gering (Rafe) said that we were going to be astounded when the "reveal" came as to the necktie killer. He had to be rather vague, but he said they all, those on set, were blown away by the "killer's" performance............and I truly believe he was talking of these last few days by Robert Wilson (Ben), which have been phenomenal.

Back