Dallas

LOL, I only said.."the scene". Same intensity. Same scenario. Pregnant by another man.

And I thought it was only me! LOL. I truly get confused as to who is who at times. But John Ross now has the little goatee or whatever it is supposed to be. I wish the gals would perhaps wear their hair differently.

I was addicted to 'Dallas' in the 80/90's ~ in 2003 i went to Southfork Ranch and did the tour. It was so surreal to drive down that long driveway as you approach the house. The pool in back is way smaller then you'd think. I sat on the patio where Miss Ellie sat and drank her tea. The house inside was not used in scenes because the rooms are too small for all that crew so they actually made a duplicate in a studio/sound stage for filming but all the outside scenes are done there. It was so much fun.

I didn't take the tour, but I did drive to Southfork early one morning. I was on my way home from visiting Lovo in Ft Worth.
This was in 2011. I took some pictures from out on the road. I was way too early for a tour as I was awake at 4am as usual.
I'm glad I took the detour to go by, though.

The first episode of the new season was full of the drama and intrigue that we’ve come to love and expect of Dallas. I’m glad to see that Christopher and Elena are back together as it should be and that John Ross can go back to his womanizing, manipulating ways. He even tries it out on Rebecca AKA Pamela and he ends up sleeping with her! Scandalous as always but that we appreciate the show for being true to its roots.

"Sins of the Father," is an appropriate name for this week show.
New evidence mysteriously surfaces pointing to foul play in Tommy's disappearance.
Christopher wants to connect Pamela to the crime.
JR and John Ross maneuver on two fronts to reclaim their birthright.
They are poisoning one family member against another.
Pamela continues to push her father's agenda to gain control of Ewing Energies.
Elena brother arrives at Southfork defending his father’s drilling for oil which was a dry-hole
Ann is pushed to the brink by Ryland's sadistic games and finally takes matters into her own hands.

I loved Dallas years ago and I was sad when the show went off the air, and when I heard it was coming back I had my reservations about it, but I can truly say I am enjoying it the second time around. Another great show last night but sad that Larry Hagman only has a few more shows.

Oh, my gosh.....you MISSED the end? When is the rerun? (did not know they did that)

JR's comment about making a body appear in a church was the funniest line in the show! lol

The ending made me jump. Totally unexpected!

I don't want to spoil anything for those who don't want to know, so I'll put it in white text. If you want to see the spoiler just highlight the blank space below like you are copying it to paste and the text will show up. I saw this on Entertainment Tonight the night before the new season previewed.

They are going to do another JR story, with the actor's death. Instead of a Who Shot JR storyline, this time it will be a Who Killed JR storyline.

Me too. When I heard that my mind went into overdrive on who would appear that would be surprising. I think the most surprising would be if they pulled out some old Jock & Ellie footage. That would be a pleasant surprise!

I also liked how Rebecca/Pamela and John Ross had their little rolling around and the dynamics of those two. Both can't be trusted, let alone by each other.

Back