Day of Days 2016

For those attending, probably the best part is no tickets required. In other words, FREE. However, the after events, lunches, get togethers, etc. are very pricey. We are lucky that Heather was going to be in the area on business, so could attend and share with us. :)

In the morning I'm heading up to Portland for the week for work so not much time to catch up. I did post some more photos on our Facebook page only because I am having trouble posting them here directly from my phone. So be sure to look there too.

Just a few thoughts and mainly opinions:
  • I really enjoyed this event immensely. I didn't know what to expect but I loved it. Most of the day was autograph signings and then the last hour was the cast question/answer session and preview. It was much more crowded for that final session than it was for the intros at 10am. I actually showed up at 8am just because I didn't know what to expect. If I do this again, I would show up at 9am.
  • Days gave everybody a swag bag with indexed photo card for each cast member for autographs as well as a nice recycle bag, water bottle, hand sanitizer, keychain and post it notes. I was pleasantly surprised. I expected photos of some sort but not the swag. Apparently they do this every year.
  • I also carried my very heavy 50th anniversary book from NY as well as the 50th People Magazine. They limited everyone to one item for autographs. I chose to use the photo cards they gave us because they were so nice. So I brought those items for nothing. Also, the book got me searched by TSA security at JFK but that's for another day.
  • They did cast intros at 10am and then immediately went into autographs. The line for Hope/Rafe/Shawn/Ciara was long and I only had time for one more session so I went to Marlena/Belle/Sonny/Paul. The folks who didn't go to Hope's signing ended up going to 3 sessions. So you have to pick and choose. I don't think anyone got to all 4 signings in each time block.
  • I thought Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) and Eric Martsolf (Brady) were very chummy. They kept walking together and sat together and signed autographs together. I'm hoping this means they've been working together.
  • Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) is really skinny. I know folks look heavier on tv but this to me was noticeably skinny, especially her legs.
  • You probably saw this on the question/answer video but when Greg Vaughan (Eric) came out, Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Kristian Alfonso (Hope) both stood up along with the fans.
  • I asked both Martha Madison (Belle) and Brandon Beemer (Shawn) if they were coming back permanently and both said no and that I should contact NBC and tell them I want them back. Note they said NBC and not Corday or the show. When I was talking to Martha, Deidre Hall (Marlena) leaned over and said the same thing about telling NBC. Let's all bombard NBC with requests.
  • In the afternoon, they had Steve/Kayla/Justin/Adrienne doing a signing together. The line was moving at a snail's pace not surprisingly. Big mistake on the part of the organizers to put 2 popular couples together. Also I heard they flip flopped the couples at one point because Steve and Kayla were too chatty lol. I ended up standing on line for the full 2 hours and not getting in to any of the other autograph sessions. At one point Dena Higley (pushing a baby girl in a stroller) and Ryan Quan walked by the line and Higley asked if we were all waiting on line? We all looked at each other kind of confused as it was very obvious we were waiting on line for the 2 couples. It was an isolated area. She walked by too quickly but I had I seen her again I would have chatted with her.
In the evening I went to a free party hosted by the guys from Dishin' Days on Afterbuzz TV. It was fun. I actually saw some other folks I knew from twitter and that June event I attended. Stars who attended: Melanie, Jeannie T, Brady, Summer, Jack, Claire, Joey, Jade, Chase, Nancy, Tori. Fun night. They had some giveaways too but I didn't win. Though you could say I won just by being there:) Brady also brought Vincent Irizarry's (Deimos) birthday cake to the party and gave a funny speech about it. I guess it was too much for the cast with the Days 51 cake as well.

Heather: You took a picture with Matt Ashford (Jack)!!!! I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing the photo and letting us know that you met him. I have always heard Matt is a very nice, love Days fans and is good with a crowd. Please tell me NBC is bringing him back to Days! Your generosity in sharing the photos and stories with all of us is greatly appreciated!!

Oh, wow, Heather, that was superb report. You got a pic with Matt Ashford (Jack)! Fab. I really am glad you had such a wonderful & fun time, and got to meet so many of the cast. But especially that you shared it all with us. I was going to put the link to this thread on the SpectatorFacebook page, and then saw you had posted pics there . Thank you again.

You definitely did the Spectator proud as our roving reporter. Bless you.

Back