Days - 04/21: Kudos to the writers!

LightyKD

Reaction score
Just spent the first 35 minutes of this hour thinking that it all just hit the fan in regards to the E.J, Sami and Abigail situation, only to find out that it was all just a daydream!
That...swerve....was.....EPIC! Kudos to the writers of this episode! They should all get a Daytime Emmy for the stellar way that they messed with the audience today. Normally I would say that half an episode of too long to spend on a story but today... today was amazing!

I actually enjoyed it, for what it was anyway. A little taste of their destruction before it actually happens. And I did like the range of emotions they both went through. Pretty realistic and Sami didn't just pop straight into crazy mode. But, I wonder, how will the "real" one live up to expectations whenever it does happen?

But...I'm so sick of the heavy-handed way they keep trying to sell EJ/Sami's history as a "love story". Even in this sequence, EJ goes on about how he "waited for Sami for so long." Waited?! More like tortured relentlessly! Yeah, even if they "work" now as a couple (big if there)....the oversell of the love story and the rewriting of their history is beyond annoying and utterly preposterous.

It was a waste of an hour when you have actual stories that need movement. Honestly, what purpose did today's episode serve? And this from a show that is so tight on budget dollars. A WHOLE HOUR SPENT ON A FANTASY!

I think this was just DAYS twisted way of giving EJ and Sami supporters the type of reveal they'd want since they probably won't get the ending they want. At least I hope this was their intention, otherwise it was just stupid.

What a rotten low blow suck job!!!!! All for nothing. The writers can all go to hell and take the pens from which poop flows with them and burn for eternity. To have that much story be completely meaningless is a true waste of time and budget. And what's even worse is that isn't today the first day of sweeps? So the show gets the audience and screws them in the process. Today's show was nothing more than giving the audience the finger and laughing their butts off or dare I say having cigars and Grapa while proudly laughing their butts off at us. What a bunch of Poop Swilling Jerk Wads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think that the actors did a stellar job, especially Ali Sweeney who portrayed Sami going thrut thru such a huge range of emotions, as did EJ, to a lesser degree.

But, I think many posters called it, about being a daydream of some kind, and that Sami would not see the picture, and they were right. THAT was a huge letdown, completely disappointing as far as storytelling goes.

I am glad the actors got a chance to show what they can do when given the chance, as it does seem of late there has been all this repeticious conversation, which causes the actors to really seem as though they are reading a book aloud or something. Like maybe the phone book, or dictionary. LOL

This so exciting and intense...I am out of breath with all the tension...Best acting job every by one and all....:clap: So now, how will this all end???? My thought would be EJ and Sami, kids, ride off into the Sunset....One could only hope...:love: ShaSha

I thought this was some of the best acting I've seen from Ali Sweeney (Sami). Kudos to her for sure! In my opinion James Scott (EJ) over acted through most of the dream sequence, but perhaps that was due to his dialog or the way he was directed. I think this will definitely be Sweeney's Emmy submission next year. I thought she was going to be over the top screaming the whole episode but she was very understated which was quite refreshing.

I knew something weird had to be up with this episode so this really wasn't that surprising. It does make me wonder how they will handle the real reveal and if Abigail is actually pregnant.

I knew it had to be a fantasy sequence! I am on the fence, one I am disappointed it was not for real because of all that drama and their relationship didn't end and on the other hand I am glad it wasn't real because I couldn't believe all the dialogue! I know I'd be raving mad if I found out if I was cheated on but all that was running through my mind is the hate boink. Sorry to bring that up.

I loved how we received this elaborate daydream followed by the creation of a whole new mystery. I really wonder who is trying to screw with EJ. I'm hoping its between Rafe or Nick, especially with how Nick keeps trying to be chummy with Abigail every now and then. I guess I'll be trying to sneak in time to watch Days at work from Wed-Fri. I HATE how the Xfinity app does not have NBC as a live channel and how all internet uploads of Days are 24 hours late :(

I doubt it would be Rafe. He's a stand-up guy and he wouldn't do that to Abby. Plus, he'd just flat-out show the picture to Sami (if it had been him). Just like he did with the CD proving EJ was the one who kidnapped Sydney.

OK. Not so much Rafe, but, anything to stop getting scenes of that guy and fake Google.

Nick might be our culprit and if that's the case I wonder if the writers will swerve us again and have both Sami and EJ go after Nick.

Back