Days - 04/21: Kudos to the writers!

Just one girl's opinion -- but I don't think Sami will ever find out EJ cheated. I think they are setting us up for a happy wedding, a few months of marital bliss, and out of the blue, Sami will go on a business trip, or something, and just disappear. EJ's going to get his heart broken, for sure, but won't it hurt so much more if he's finally sure he gets to live "happily ever after." After all, this has to be EJ's story from now on, because he's the one being left behind. So today's episode (which was fabulous) is just a pacifier for those who want to see them come apart at the seams.

Nahhhh, far too many comments being made about a "perfect wedding" for it to be a "perfect wedding". Plus, we had one lovely wedding just go off without a hitch (Sonny and Will), so chances are, Sami and EJ's wedding is going to have some early 4th of July fireworks.

I was disappointed that it turned out to be a dream. Stupid me thinking the writers would actually write a decent story for a change. I think it would have been much better had the scene at the Horton House, which was so over the top I knew it could NOT be real, been the only part that was fantasy. I did enjoy the scenes, though, and thought they were well acted, and all the discussion afterwards of how "perfect" everything is leads me to believe that the real reveal is coming sooner rather than later. But the episode as is should have been on on April Fools Day.

I thought it was good! It did surprise me that it was a dream of EJ's. I really did not think that he would be this upset and think he would not be able to fix it.. but when it turned into his nightmare and everyone was hurt so by his actions, it was oh my, EJ?? Remorseful?? I think it could be good for while here.. they may show a different side of EJ..

I actually enjoyed it, for what it was anyway. A little taste of their destruction before it actually happens. And I did like the range of emotions they both went through. Pretty realistic and Sami didn't just pop straight into crazy mode. But, I wonder, how will the "real" one live up to expectations whenever it does happen?

But...I'm so sick of the heavy-handed way they keep trying to sell EJ/Sami's history as a "love story". Even in this sequence, EJ goes on about how he "waited for Sami for so long." Waited?! More like tortured relentlessly! Yeah, even if they "work" now as a couple (big if there)....the oversell of the love story and the rewriting of their history is beyond annoying and utterly preposterous.
That's just it. Its all EJ's perspective.:wink:

I did not enjoy the EJ land ride and turned it off. My first clue was how quick it seemed to be happening..then when they went over the top..just seemed a little obvious I see-sawed for a second but kept thinking this is too easy...Marlena showing up and ready to pack for the kids ...then ridiculous Abby Jennifer scenes....ugh. Do they think the longer the fantasy the more likely we are to believe it?
I guess we better start being leery, we could have a three to 5 day fantasy soon. :beat:

I was fooled at the mansion; Jen's place started to pile up a little. The action there progressed too quickly, and I didn't have time to process things. I guess that was the plan.

Remember that EJ foolishly locked the photo in the desk, and that the cameraperson spent an inordinate amount of time on the key.

Back to the dream. The photo showed only a kiss, which is an extremely common activity for EJ (peck. peck, peck, peck, ad infinitum.) His strategy realistically would have been to simply deny anything further.

Lady Abigail's "Don't worry, Mom; I took care of it," did seem rather cryptic.

I loved yesterday's show & thought the actors, show, writers, directors & all involved did a bang up job.

James Scott (EJ) tweeted yesterday that this was a major turning point for EJ. I look forward to finding out how it plays out for him.

I actually think (hope) Sami will get her perfect wedding and some time to enact life of bliss with EJ before she discovers what happened between him and Abby. I think, then, she will explode and "I must leave and" ... think, decide, hate, grieve, find myself ... whatever the Salem Brain decides she HAS to do when she does find out.

Back