Days and recasting classic characters!

Original Austin Reed - Patrick Muldoon, is the only real Austin for me.

Josh Taylor as Chris Kostichek was great. I like him as Roman and don't mind him one bit, BUT trying to put him with Marlena in conflict with John doesn't work. He still sounds like Chris Kostichek when he talks but that is how the actor speaks. The original Roman (Wayne Northrup) was great with her and made sense. Then they brought him back as awful character Alex North, I believe. That was so dumb.

Just wish Lauren Boles would have been allowed to age with the show like the current Hope did. Kristian Alfonso played Hope well from a teenager on and I believe that Lauren Boles could have played Ciara out of the park. She would have been great to watch as she took on Claire.

The thing is......she is only about 14 now. A bit young for the Tripp/Claire/Theo crowd.

Kristian Alfonso played Hope well from a teenager on
Kristian Alfonso played Hope as she was just turning 18. Prior to that, they had Tammy Taylor as younger teenage Hope. This is Tammy as younger teenager Hope with Jake Kositchek (the Salem Strangler). They would've had to leave the Scooby Gang as young teens to have kept Lauren Boles as Ciara.

taylorcoleman1.JPG

Fixed it! I'm so used to typing Jack's name that the fingers automatically went there. :)

I remember when they recast Carrie with Tracy Middendorf to age-up Carrie a little bit, then later brought back Christie Clark (current Carrie).

Here's Carrie (played by Tracy Middendorf) and Jesse Lombard.

tmcarriejesse.gif

Kristian Alfonso played Hope as she was just turning 18. Prior to that, they had Tammy Taylor as younger teenage Hope.
Yes, I remember Tammy Taylor as Hope but Kristian Alfonso was still a teenager. I also liked Natasha Ryan as a young child playing Hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kristian Alfonso (Hope) was a few months shy of 20 when she started playing Hope in 1983. When that version of Hope returned to Salem, the character was about to turn 18, nearly out of her teen years.

I agree about Lauren Boles as Ciara, but they did do a good job with Victoria Konefal as current Ciara.

I don't mind Josh Taylor as Roman, but I do see Chris Kostichek a lot when he is on. I only liked Wayne Northrup as Roman in the early 80s. When he came back in 1991, I did not like the way the character acted towards Marlena. That was more to do with the storyline than the way Wayne Northrup played the role though.

The thing is......she is only about 14 now. A bit young for the Tripp/Claire/Theo crowd.

They didn't have to age them. It really hasn't worked out for the good. I think she is a little older, maybe 16 and certainly more mature when she left than these bozos.

Although the writing for the character Abby (present day) is ridiculous, I do feel Marci Miller portrayed her as a more mature woman. I am not a fan of Kate Mansi (former Abby)

Fixed it! I'm so used to typing Jack's name that the fingers automatically went there. :)

I remember when they recast Carrie with Tracy Middendorf to age-up Carrie a little bit, then later brought back Christie Clark (current Carrie).

Here's Carrie (played by Tracy Middendorf) and Jesse Lombard.

tmcarriejesse.gif
I remember very well when Tracy Middendorf replaced Christie Clark because her first appearance was when Days of Our Lives aired a night time special and I was so excited for this. I remember it being pretty cool that there was a nighttime episode of Days that had a fresh look to it.

It would be nice if various characters were recurring, rather than appearing once a year......as some actors live in other states, so flying into L.A., lodging, etc. is rather expensive. That is why we get the month or two "visit". i.e. Martha Madison (Belle) lives in Texas, Wally Kurth (Justin) lives on East Coast, Carrie lives north of San Francisco, Kassie DePaiva (Eve) lives midwest, forgot the state, Louise Sorel (Vivian) lives in NY.

Back