Days: Beyond Salem - chit-chat, plot comments, etc

It's weird that Charles Shaugnessy only gets one credit as Drew, since he played him in Thursday's episode too.

I wasn't sure when Drew stepped in. Was he already Drew when he met with Leo at the end of Thursday, or did Shane meet with Leo and then get knocked out by Drew?

Hmm, good point. I thought he was Drew at the end of the episode, but it was a hunch. (Like Shane got there too fast.) I watched after summarising the regular episode... I guess I don't know where Shane was supposed to be at the start of the episode, so you're likely right. I stand corrected!

Hmm, good point. I thought he was Drew at the end of the episode, but it was a hunch. (Like Shane got there too fast.) I watched after summarising the regular episode... I guess I don't know where Shane was supposed to be at the start of the episode, so you're likely right. I stand corrected!

Yeah, that's one of the few sets I don't have the official name for yet (the Shane phone limbo, which I am calling it for now). I've asked around about Drew possibly being on Thursday's episode, so hopefully we'll get confirmation and I'll update the chart/etc.

I loved the series. It was a different pace from the regular soap. The strongest story was with Will, Sonny, Chad and Leo. Billy Flynn(Chad) came to life with this series.
As a Ciara and Ben fan, I found the episode 4 and 5 really good. I thought the Drew/Shane was clever. I like that they took the time to have the real Shane react the way he did with Ben.
I liked Marlena and John. They were as I expected. The auction was funny with Anna. It reminded me of Golden Girls auction episode.
The weakest side for me was Paulina, Abe, Eli and Lani. The only bright spot was Shane and Abe.
Loved the family moments and pictures at the end with Carrie, Austin, Tony, Anna, Marlena and John.

I hope they try to do another series.

During the scene with Ben and the real Shane, I couldn't help but wonder if Shane considered what his daughter, Eve, did to Ben. Eve's grief was completely understandable but her revenge was way over the top. She was evil and sadistic and she was not even "insane" like Ben was supposed to be.

Me too, katmouse! Ben needed a first hand taste of the pain he caused. Whatever the reason Ben did what he did, the acts were horrific, and caused an untold amount of pain and grief. I was also glad to see Ben expressing his regret to Shane, even though all the regret in the world will not bring Paige back.

During the scene with Ben and the real Shane, I couldn't help but wonder if Shane considered what his daughter, Eve, did to Ben. Eve's grief was completely understandable but her revenge was way over the top. She was evil and sadistic and she was not even "insane" like Ben was supposed to be.
And Eve's association with Vincent lead to Ciara being captive for months. I wish the writers had Ciara talk a little bit more about her trauma but no. Like many stories, there is a lack of follow up.

But since this was not Days of our lives and there was no time to elaborate, I thought it was more appropriate to at least acknowledge the Shane and Ben connection.

Just finished watching the series and I have to say I loved it, for the most part.

Positives:
I loved the new Sonny actor and I hope they bring him and Will back to the regular show. I loved seeing Tony/Anna and Carrie/Austin and I always wonder if their child, Noah, really exists as there is barely mention of him and I don't think we have seen him on camera before. I like Ciara and Ben but felt that they were just forced into the story. Loved having characters related to Lili Faversham as the character was practically forgotten about for 20 years.

Negatives:
I think that they should have extended it to 10-15 episodes instead of 5. A missed opportunity to have Vivian on the show as she is the matriarch of the Alamain clan. No mention of John being raised with the Alamains. Should have brought in Carly and Frankie. Would have been nice bring back Greta. Kristen was only on for 5 minutes and she never mentioned who she was working for or why she was involved in the first place. Kristen never does things for no reason so I thought it was poor writing there.

I forgot to mention Kristen just walking around without a care in the world was weird. If she stayed in the habit in public it might make more sense. If she's so free to move about why isn't Brady off with her enjoying life?

Back