DAYS is moving to 12pm in NYC area

Heather4CU

Reaction score
There was a commercial during the show today saying that Days would be moving to 12pm EST on WNBC, the NYC affiliate, beginning on Monday January 16. I've been watching since 1989 and the show has always aired at 1pm here so this will take some getting used to.

It's funny that this coincided with the announcement that Megyn Kelly is moving from Fox News to NBC News and will be hosting a 1 hour daily show. I wonder if she is getting the 1pm slot?

Last edited:
Hmmm, will be interesting. I get the NY station, so that is 11 a.m. my time. (Tis how I get the summary up earlier, as my local has it at 1 p.m.) Wonder if my station will change??

I had read that a lot of eastern NBC stations were having talks with Direct TV & Dish TV about carrying the local stations, and were at loggerheads with them about renewing. (costs).

The NBC local stations around this area played nice and got things straightened out around 7:00 pm on New Year's Day. But many of the ABC local stations are still fighting with DirecTV.

My Directv schedule feed is filled with notices that certain networks may be dropped due to negotiations failure. Days remains at the same time here, for now at least.

Darn! It is at noon here in CT and I used the NY channel as back up in case (like tomorrow) the CT station is preempted (governor speech).

Well, you must have cable, so you will still be able to just change channels, if the governor talks.

I watch on the NY station, but they pre-empt so often for anything and everything, I then watch on the Duluth station which has been an hour later.

They didn't say, did they?

There was one year, I think around 2007 that it was at 2:00pm for a bit. But it will take getting used to! I do most of my things so they are done by 1 o'clock but I dvr it anyway.

Well, you must have cable, so you will still be able to just change channels, if the governor talks.

I watch on the NY station, but they pre-empt so often for anything and everything, I then watch on the Duluth station which has been an hour later.

Yes, however in a case last week where I didn't realize until 12:30 that my channel was not airing Days due to a local fire and was then able to adjust and watch at 1, that won't help though thankfully not a common occurrence. My company and boss is centered in Duluth.

This news is a little ominous. Usually messing with time slots is a prelude to cancellation. When is Days' contract status up? Did they not negotiate a new year last February? Will there be upcoming talks for renewal? The timing of a Megyn Kelly NBC start in September sort of plays into the timeline of when DOOL might be up, given they are already shot five to six months in advance.

they are going after "lunch" time.

The move kind of alarmed me as well. As I said, it's been on at 1pm for as long as I've been watching which is a long time. I really hope NBC cuts an hour off the Today Show for Megyn Kelly rather than taking the Days slot. That said I do think the show will get renewed for at least another year.

This news is a little ominous. Usually messing with time slots is a prelude to cancellation. When is Days' contract status up? Did they not negotiate a new year last February? Will there be upcoming talks for renewal? The timing of a Megyn Kelly NBC start in September sort of plays into the timeline of when DOOL might be up, given they are already shot five to six months in advance.
This is an affiliate, not NBC.

NBC only controls 5 hours of daytime programming: 4 hours of The Today Show and Days. The rest is affiliate controlled.

So if this new talk show is not syndicated and I don't think it is since all the press releases refer to NBC, then the 3 options are to cut Days, cut an hour off The Today Show, or get an hour back from the affiliates.

Our local NBC station moves around the 4th hour of the Today show at random, same with Days. I'm pretty sure the local affiliates can put Days and the 4th hour of Today in whatever slots work best for them (within a designated time period).

The only other NBC show "set in stone" on the time appears to be The Tonight Show.

Our ABC affiliate also moves around General Hospital every couple of years.

I've been in and out of urgent care all day but I saw a number of tweets today saying she was taking over the 3rd hour of the The Today Show. I didn't click through any of them to read the articles though.

Back