Days move Peacock - Corday Interview

That $100 is for the ad-free. The regular premium is only about $60 a year or pay annually $50. I dumped my satellite because all streaming is almost half the cost. I am extremely happy about that. But I just don't understand anyone not fitting a $5.00 bill into their budget. I understand not watching anymore because of the writing, but not for the cost. Plus I can watch it anytime I want and not limited to when NBC says I have to with no more constant news interruptions or no shows due to sporting events.
I guess I need to read it again. I must have misunderstood. Thanks!

That $100 is for the ad-free. The regular premium is only about $60 a year or pay annually $50. I dumped my satellite because all streaming is almost half the cost. I am extremely happy about that. But I just don't understand anyone not fitting a $5.00 bill into their budget. I understand not watching anymore because of the writing, but not for the cost. Plus I can watch it anytime I want and not limited to when NBC says I have to with no more constant news interruptions or no shows due to sporting events.
I purchase it but someone might not have that extra $5 a month for entertainment. It could mean less food or something essential to them on a fixed income. Just saying. It's hard to understand when you have enough money.

And as Poirot pointed out, you may have to upgrade your TV or get additional equipment if you aren't already streaming.

There's a huge demo (my mom has been asking about streaming recently, I had no idea she wasn't already doing it) that is not streaming, and a subset of them who won't. My mom was surprised she'd have to get a (ex: Roku) stick for each TV in her house to watch Hulu in different rooms.

I don't entirely blame them. I spent thousands on tapes, only to have to spend thousands on DVDs, and now about 75% of my library at any given time is available on streaming. I'm glad I own the physical media, but if I were 20 years older and had done this with 8 tracks & vinyl, too...I'd be at my wit's end, LOL.

I stopped buying physical media as soon as I could download it, even before streaming. I have enough stuff in my house. And I guess I don’t mind buying the devices, but I also don’t mind watching on my laptop, which I can carry from room to room.

I am lucky in that in live in an area with multiple options for very high speed internet, including 5G for the home. Hopefully, things like that will be more available in rural areas at some point.

Before all this, I assumed if people were on this board, then they had internet. I guess some of it is quite slow or some are on their phones.

Until I started working from home several years ago, I had dial-up internet which I paid $4.95 a month for. Now I pay an outrageous amount for basic high speed internet. Can't really jump to another provider since there are only 2 in my area and they're both hideously overpriced.

Back