Days move Peacock - Corday Interview

I agree. I’ve said the way this could work is dropping short “seasons” with much higher production value in cycles. So they can drop more seasons of a show than any other content because they’re used to high volume, but slower than a daily pace because they need to reduce the output to up the quality. Think one Beyond Salem set after another. Actors could sign on for a number of cycles, then be free to do other things. Maybe they drop an episode a day for a few weeks. Or maybe they drop 10 episodes at a time at intervals. Whatever it is, they need to make it a streaming show.

And for sure, the continuity problems have to be eliminated. This means better planning of the story and more commitment from and to the actors so they can complete arcs.

As I’m writing this, I don’t see them managing a show restructuring. Not if the powers that be are still pretending this launch was planned all along to be done like this and everything is going to be the same but with curse words. To paraphrase Dorothy Parker, this isn’t going to be plain terrible. This is going to be fancy terrible. Terrible with raisins in it.

Not sure how subscriptions are at Peacock but maybe it will just be heavily advertised there. If they do that they better step up their game because it seems unlikely that people will randomly tune in and not think it's sort of a joke. A town where almost no one owns a home and they have one doctor who does everything? Maybe they'll go full on schtick/parody and that could work.
I just saw ad for Peacock at $99 per year. More if you do monthly.

Here are the latest stats:

Peacock Premium
Peacock Premium has both a monthly ($4.99) and annual rate available ($49.99). Select Xfinity and Comcast customers receive this level of subscription for free. This price level includes a small amount of advertising. In my experience, that was as little as a five-second mini-commercial at the beginning of a TV episode. The premium option offers more than 20,000 hours of content, including all of Peacock’s original content, as well as access to live sports like the English Premier League.

Peacock Premium Ad-Free
Peacock Premium Ad-Free is the highest subscription tier for the service. At $9.99 per month or $99.99 annually, you’ll get all the perks of Peacock Premium without the annoyance of advertising. If you’re already receiving the Premium service free of charge, you can upgrade to this without paying the full price. Per NBC, “Premium customers can upgrade to an ad-free experience for an additional $5.00 per month, or any customer can purchase the ad-free experience directly for $9.99 per month.”

You can cancel your Peacock Premium or Plus subscription at any time, similar to how you can cancel HBO Max. Your account will switch to Peacock Free at the end of the billing period. You will not receive a refund if you cancel a paid subscription before the end of the billing period.

That comes to less than 28 cents a day. Great when you consider that’s the cost without commercials that clearly offend so many people.

I’d take ED and women’s cleanliness ads over political ads any day. At least they’re selling something many people want. Just my 2 cents.

The thing is.....if one is on a fixed income, that is still $100 a year, and with $$$ tightly budgeted, some just cannot afford to now add something they really don't want. Folks look at it as having to now pay for ONE PROGRAM! Not interested in the rest. Those with Cable, DISH, DIRECT, even other streaming services do not need or want PEACOCK. Costs for those have been rising. What is next? Food prices have gone up, utility costs, clothing, gas......people are doing without things already. And it is not a matter of just calling to get a streaming service, you have to be able to receive it. Personally, I do not want to watch TV on my computer, which is in my little office, having to sit in my office chair.

But then, that is just me, but I do know there are thousands like me......just as there are thousands who are able easily to continue to get Days, no matter how it is beamed. :)

That $100 is for the ad-free. The regular premium is only about $60 a year or pay annually $50. I dumped my satellite because all streaming is almost half the cost. I am extremely happy about that. But I just don't understand anyone not fitting a $5.00 bill into their budget. I understand not watching anymore because of the writing, but not for the cost. Plus I can watch it anytime I want and not limited to when NBC says I have to with no more constant news interruptions or no shows due to sporting events.

Yes, absolutely. I have been behind people in supermarket line who had to remove items from what they had placed on the counter, because they did not have enough money when the cashier was totaling up the bill. They'd give anything then for a $5 bill. When one is on a fixed income, one is on a strict budget as well. Heck, up north here, one never knows in winter what the heat bill is gonna be, whether gas, electric, oil...... One never knows what Mother Nature may decide. 2 weeks of more than 20 below zero? Or will it just be 10 -20 above along with the snow and wind? Some have to eat less, meatless meals, etc. etc.

I remember going past a little kid wanting a gumball from the machine, begging dad who just did not have it. I did, gave the father, (I asked permission if it was o.k.) the coin, one happy little kid. People are constantly having to whittle down expenses to fit the income. A few years ago, my one son, who doesn't live here, was eating 1 meal a day, as all he could afford that winter. He never said a word, told me later on it was his problem, not his parents!

Here is address for Days in California. I didn't know if anyone wanted to write to Mr Corday or someone else who works there.

Days of Our Lives/NBC Television
3000 West Alameda Ave.
Burbank Ca. 91523

I found this address for Corday Productions. Hopefully, it's still a good address.

Mr. Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
Corday Productions
Studio Plaza
3400 Riverside Drive, Suite 780
Burbank, CA 91505

But that's not everybody. For many, just adding another $5.00 bill to their budget is difficult. I'm glad it's not a problem for you, but please have some compassion for those who greatly struggle financially to the point they can't afford another $5.00 on something unnecessary like a streaming service.

Poirot, or anyone else--who posted that clip of the 2013 weed donut book club on Twitter? Maybe that person knows how/where to upload episodes? I'll try and find exactly who it was that did it and reach out to them. Could be useful to put at least a few clips from each day up here, if it works.

Once the move is done, I'm planning to post tweets if someone posts them for each day. Some people post
pictures and short scenes.

It will depend on a lot of things like when the show will be downloaded each day. Peacock hasn't said when
that's going to happen yet.

That $100 is for the ad-free. The regular premium is only about $60 a year or pay annually $50. I dumped my satellite because all streaming is almost half the cost. I am extremely happy about that. But I just don't understand anyone not fitting a $5.00 bill into their budget. I understand not watching anymore because of the writing, but not for the cost. Plus I can watch it anytime I want and not limited to when NBC says I have to with no more constant news interruptions or no shows due to sporting events.
That’s my point. People pay for what they care about having. I was merely pointing out that, as someone who elects not to have all the cable, DISH, etc. services, this is 28 cents a day.

But I do get that some people are upset. I also get that some people don’t elect to run an HDMI cable from their computer to their television.

We all choose the things about which we care. Prices are going up everywhere. I agree. It’s why I cut the cable cord in 2013.

I also cut the cord several years ago. I see getting a streaming device as an investment that gives me more control over my expenses. You can turn on all different kinds of entertainment and then switch it off. This way you don’t have to deal with satellite dishes, cable boxes, and cancellation fees and all that. But I know not everyone has good internet.

That’s too bad because there’s going to be less and less available over the air. Already most of it is news and reality competition shows. Most new scripted TV is on other services. Cable TV is shifting to streaming too. Cable companies don’t want to maintain all of that equipment and do installations either.

Even if Peacock and Days aren’t enough to motivate people, it’s still worth it to learn how to stream, in my opinion, if watching TV is important. I expect the networks to move more content to their streaming services. As long as you have internet, cheap streaming device is probably all you need. Even if you don’t have an HDMI input on your TV, you can get a converter to hook it up with other connections. Once it’s done, you can stream almost anything.

What I don't like about streaming, is they don't follow "network" rules. They use bad language and
think showing partial naked people are ok.

I was upset with the language on "Beyond Salem 2". You don't need to say things like that.

Some people don't have the option of streaming because of the cost or where they live.

Back