Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

Wow, I can't believe this. I have barely been holding on to this show as it is. Does Corday and company really expect us to pay to watch this garbage Ron has been writing? My cable company right now pays for Peacock, but that may change in the future. The specials were okay on Peacock, but not the daily show.

While I expected it in the future, I thought Days was safe at NBC one more year until the contract ran out.

Well, they will find out soon enough how much audience they lose. Currently Days averages about 1.6 millions viewers daily.
Peacock is owned by NBC, so does the network honestly feel they will get as large an audience for another news show? And they certainly won't get those numbers for streaming the show. Oh, well. Been a good run, Days, for me. And to think I used to even get it a day ahead from Canada..........lol

I have Peacock free for a year through Spectrum. Not sure if I'll use it or not. I most certainly won't pay to watch this show once that runs out. I had assumed if they made the move that they would have sort of wrapped things up on TV and then maybe moved on with new stuff or format over there.

This is terrible news. The death of the soap opera has been happening over the years, with only four left standing. Now there is GH on ABC, and Y&R and B&B on CBS. And how long will they last on network TV?

I read this: "NBC News Daily,” a new hour-long newscast, will air in its time slot, the company said in a press release. I am all for the news, but there is already a glut of news programs.

And with streaming, you can't watch in real time, so there goes my lunch-hour activity.

To clarify costs: "Peacock has three payment tiers: free, $4.99 a month for “Premium,” and $9.99 a month for “Premium Plus.” NBC confirmed to Nexstar that “Days of Our Lives” will only be available those paying $4.99 per month or more – Premium and Premium Plus subscribers."

I only had the $4.99 deal to watch Beyond Salem and another show, then returned to free. I simply cannot afford yet another paid streaming service. It adds up. While I will admit that Peacock offers a lot of good content, there is a limit to streaming services in our lives before we are overwhelmed. I feel overwhelmed. I have a television set for a reason.

This will definitely affect this board if the show can't even be streamed until nighttime. I plan to come here to read recaps, if they will still be up, even if later in the day.

Corporate greed is what it is. Not everyone prefers to watch shows on their computers if they can also watch on their larger screens.

NBC, you have disappointed me. This show was the one thing I looked forward to, my "afternoon delight."

I wouldn't be surprised if the show eventually went away completely, and this truly saddens me. Yes, we all complain about it, but we still watch. I will feel lost without it in my life.

If I can watch for free, I will continue. I do hope this forum will still be around, we have such a nice family here. I am a recluse, for the most part, even work from home 5 days a week,, and coming to this board makes me feel a part of something. Even if recaps are posted a day later, it does not matter to me, I will still be active on here.

I don't like the 2000's so far. If I could turn back time...give me the 80s! Life was simpler and more affordable.

I definitely won't watch yet another news show. Who needs more people talking about the news all of us can read for free on the internet? I'm guessing it's just so much cheaper to produce, but this news show hosted by people I've never heard of will be canceled or re-tooled in a year. Why would I care what they think about anything?

Unless this is just a move to dump Days for its low ratings while keeping an audience until they run out of shows (which it totally could be), they better re-imagine the show for streaming. If they think they keep going every day with three sets and rotating actors to keep costs down and that's enough for people to pay, they're out of their minds. Once I'm paying to access the show, it's getting judged against the Emmy-winning content you get on other channels and services. Is it better than the shows on Hulu, Netflix, etc.? Is it in the same category as Lucifer or Bridgerton or other shows on paid streaming? Totally laughable.

Days is on Peacock starting at 7 Central time now. Hopefully, the show will be up earlier when it makes the switch.
So 8 pm EST, and it is currently free. They will lose a lot of viewers if it becomes a paid membership. Now it might not even get renewed again. They are killing it. And, no, even Dr. Rolf can't bring it back.

If there's a way to watch on the free tier, I'm in. I'm not gonna pay for Peacock just to watch this. That's kinda sad for me. Spitballing an idea: if they played episodes on the free tier that are a week out, I'd go for that. Not saying that's an option they're exploring, but I'd go for it.

I already watch (listen to) the show on peacock while I work, so I'm a day behind as it is.

And I have DISH, but I don't think they have a deal in place for free Peacock - Charlie Ergen is a miserable guy who will squeeze a penny to get 3 out of it and will pull channels when he thinks that they might have to pay even a dollar more in carrier fees.

if they played episodes on the free tier that are a week out, I'd go for that.
I would imagine they could do some version of this. Maybe a week is too short a time, but with daily shows, you'd think they could put a certain number of old episodes up for free. I know they can't air really old episodes because I don't think there's a way to split royalties for shows where the deals were done without new media agreements.

I looked at the other Peacock content. There are lots of old prime-time shows to watch, but the "new" content is mostly bad reality TV. I get why the subscriber growth is non-existent.

And you'd think that Peacock would be careful, especially after what's coming down the line with the WB/Discovery+ merger. It's looking very VERY bad for HBO Max at the moment, as in, they're on the verge of shuttering that service. Streaming is saturated, and while content is king, quality needs to be taken into account.

I'd rather they plan a sunset for Days than shuffle it to Peacock where it might die in obscurity with unfinished storylines.

Back