Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

Considering how long this show has been on the air it really deserves an ending on network TV. I think it's pretty stunning to do this to viewers, many who are older, with short notice.

And yes a news show would be cheaper. If they use people that already work in their news shows they just offer them a little extra money so no new salaries. And the way news is now it's mostly political and guests can be reporters from print and online outlets who get publicity that way. Who on earth needs another one of these shows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since they no longer have to worry about cutting costs (we all know they were 'saving money' by filming so far ahead), perhaps they at least can stop filming 6 months or more ahead of the airtime. I hope/wish there was a way for people involved to make some money so the soap can take a bit of a hiatus in filming, as TPTB do an in-depth study about why the soap has consistently gotten the lowest ratings of all the remaining 4 on air (with occasional exceptions) AKA read the opinions of the fans.

I know it's probably wishful thinking, though.

AFTER 14,830 WEEKDAYS ON NBC'S DAYTIME SCHEDULE, "DAYS" TO WRAP NBC RUN WITH 14,417 EPISODES.

7c3811cdfd910a1c1c58157095edd9e2ca8c485e.jpg

"Days of Our Lives" will wrap its historic run on NBC having aired 14,417 episodes (plus 2 repeats) and having been preempted 411 times over the course of 2,966 weeks on NBC's daytime schedule. "Days" airs it last episode on Friday, September 9 before moving to Peacock on Monday, September 12.

Well, I guess that will be the end of me watching. I don't have Peacock and don't want it. I stopped watching during the possession fiasco and picked it back up when that was over. It's not worth it to me anymore to continue it.

My grandmother watches on TV every day and has since well before I was born - I would even say she’s probably watched since day 1. She doesn’t have internet period, nor would she get it so she will definitely be a lost viewer as would almost all of her neighbors

According to this article, viewers in Canada can watch Days here.

Think about all the viewers that only watch on TV and won't know about the change. They might turn on their TV
sets Sept 12 looking for it.
I think the NBC affiliates will probably make a big deal about reporting Days will no longer be available on their station. Since yesterday, our local NBC station has been squawking about the fact on every 30 minute news report.

This is incredibly sad for me. I have been watching DOOL for 52 years. We live in the country and have DirecTV. We don't have access to streaming services, so it will be the end of the show for me, however the way the writing has been for sometime, it won't be that much of a loss. I will regain an hour back in my life that I had devoted to this show for years.

I find it hard to believe the ratings/viewers for Beyond Salem were so high to warrant this jump to Peacock. (meaning the first Beyond Salem, since the second one just dropped a few weeks ago)

Putting Days on the paid tier of Peacock is a death sentence to the show. I would've watched it on the free tier, but as others have noted, this is not worthy of paid streaming services.

All of the Rolf juice in the world can't save this dying patient.

Wonder what the actors are thinking???? Bet some of them are dusting off their resumes.

Peacook is not even available in Canada because your device has to be in the US or you have to be located in specific locations - I wasn't able to watch the Beyond Salem recent episodes.I feel betrayed by the show. I've been watching for almost 40 years!
I wonder if overseas (or over northern borders), they have different deals. You might check on the Canadian news sites. I can't believe that they'll turn off international revenue if there's viewership. But then I can't believe a lot of things they've done.

As far as the actors, this is why so many haven't wanted to commit to the show. They want to leave their options open. I have a feeling they don't really have any plans for the show after the current contract. Peacock is a hail mary, but if they haven't planned on how to take advantage of the platform and are just shuttling the over-the-air episodes onto a streaming platform, that's just failure waiting to happen.

It's a way for them to shut Days down without it being "their fault". So all the affilliates all over the country have to find some sort of program to fill that hour, unless they go with the stupid news program. In addition, the programs that follow Days in various areas will suffer as well, since some just leave TV on after Days, thus watch or at least hear whatever follows. Am sure NBC is getting a lot of static, more than they expected .

Maybe ReRon was told to write inane garbage so the viewers would not complain so much when they pulled their shenanigans.

Jason47 said they have filmed into January already. So at least 3 months (& more) of Days will be on Peacock.

Back