Days of Our Lives – Monday, July 16, 2018

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
(Part 1)
At the hearing, JJ is claiming that the drugs belong to him, that Theresa hasn’t been living with him very long and he begs the judge to not hold it against Theresa since it is all his fault. Brady looks confused; Eve looks guilty. JJ talks about his long history of using drugs. His personal issues have gotten the better of him the past year, and he started using again. A disbelieving Brady thinks he is covering for Theresa. (Editor’s Note: I know it’s an informal hearing, but where does Brady get the right to question witnesses?) JJ said Theresa wouldn’t have moved in with him if she had known of his drug use. She loves her little boy too much to jeopardize getting custody of him. She’s an amazing woman who deserves custody of her son. The judge will take JJ”s comments into consideration. She adjourns for a short recess.

Outside, Theresa asks JJ why he took the blame; he could lose his job. He knows she was set up, and he can find another job. Hugs. Brady wonders if Jennifer knows her son is using again. Justin thinks JJ is lying. Brady and Eve don’t think the drugs belong to Theresa; they must be JJ’s. JJ reluctantly leaves as Brady wants to speak with Theresa alone. He is sorry that JJ is using again but is relieved that they don’t belong to Theresa. She tells him they aren’t JJ’s; Brady planted them, and she will make sure he never sees his son again. She had come to believe they could work things out. If he could try and frame Eve with the amulet, what’s to stop him from planting the drugs? If he didn’t plant them, who did? She believes JJ and will fight for full custody.

Justin asks Eve if Victor had the drugs planted. Eve doesn’t know; she was only trying to help. He says Theresa was willing to settle for joint custody, but she and Victor may have ruined everything. She had better hope Brady and Theresa can resolve the custody issue amicably.

Steve and Kayla are having lunch; he keeps asking the time because he’s so excited that his eyesight may be restored. Kisses. He thanks her, and is glad she didn’t have to ask Stefan for anything. Kayla doesn’t want to talk about Stefan. She wants to talk about the things they will do when he regains his sight. Steve loves her enthusiasm. More kisses.

The happy couple are toasting with champagne before Steve’s consultation. He knows he hasn’t been easy on Kayla, but she kicked his butt, was honest with him, and things are Okay now. Stefan interrupts the celebration. Steve tells him he may get a shot at the bionic eye after all. He tells Stefan to leave. Stefan says when someone loves a man as much as Kayla does, she will to any lengths for him. Steve talks about how he raped Abigail, and he calls that love. Stefan says Steve claims his love is so open and honest as Kayla has to stop Steve from mopping the floor with Stefan.

Chad is still knocking on Kate’s door as Stefan threatens to let him in and spill the beans on Kate. Stefan opens the door and says to Kate, ‘Do you want to tell him, or should I?” Kate tries to save the day by telling Chad that Stefan practically fell to his knees and begged her to come back to DiMera Enterprises. Chad smells a rat and asks Kate what is really going on.

Stefan sings Kate’s praises as Chad talks about how Kate shot Vivian “in cold blood.” He says Kate turned him down because her love for all things DiMera doesn’t extend to him. Exit Stefan.

Chad plans to bring down Stefan, go back to DiMera and reclaim what is rightfully his. Kate will cheer him every step of the way. Chad asks Kate to come and work for him at Titan because, with her, he can’t lose. Kate reminds him they already have a deal, but he insists he need her. She wants him to get Victor’s approval. They talk about Leo and that he must have been too scared of John’s information to show up in court.

Kate regrets how things happened with Chad but is glad he landed the top spot at Titan. He doesn’t want Kate to tell Abigail any of the details.

Abigail reads the test result aloud and freaks out that her child belongs to Stefan. She talks about how happy she is with Chad and how well things are going. She doesn’t want to be stuck with Stefan the rest of her life. Her best “friend???,” Gabi tells her it’s not so easy to move on and act like the past didn’t happen. We all wish we could go back and undo the past but we can’t act like it didn’t happen.” Abigail is astonished and angry, and says she may not have it. Gabi asks if she’s thinking about abortion.

Abigail says Stefan took advantage of her when she wasn’t in her right mind, so no one would blame her. Gabi remembers how she almost aborted Arianna, and reminds Abigail that she has a life growing inside of her and may regret it. Gabi tells her about her inability to have more children because of what happened in prison. Abigail hugs her and says it’s her fault for framing Gabi for murder.

Gabi says Stefan is the one who planted the evidence and that Abigail wasn’t in her right mind. She is blessed to even be able to have another child, even if it is Stefan’s. Abigail remembers the look on Chad’s face when he saw her in bed with Stefan, and the terrible things she said to her husband. (Salem’s newest resident snake-in-the-grass) Gabi keeps talking about how none of what happened is Abigail’s fault, but the latter doesn’t think her marriage can survive her having Stefan’s child.

Abigail hopes the test results will magically change to show Chad as the baby’s father. She wishes she had someone who could change test results. (Cue Twilight Zone music.) Gabi urges her to change the results and lie to Chad. Only the two of them know the truth about the paternity.

(I have some urgent things going on, business wise, and keep getting calls. Part Two will be posted ASAP.)

(Part 2)

Abigail realizes that both Chad and Stefan will wonder about the baby, but good friend, Gabi, assures her that “presto, change” Chad is the dad and no one will be the wiser. Abigail can’t lie to her husband the rest of his life and let him raise a child that isn’t his. Gabi says the child will be related to Chad. Abigail and Chad have worked hard to get their marriage on track and she still doesn’t want to deceive him. Gabi thinks that, in this case, it would be a little harder. Imagine how Chad would feel about raising a child that belongs to a brother he hates. Gabi thinks it would be best for Chad, and everyone, if Abigail lies.

The judge is ready to rule when Theresa wants to speak. She had no idea JJ was using again and doesn’t want the judge to hold it against her. She has a good job now and can provide a good home for Tate. She assures the judge that she hasn’t used drugs since her son was born, that her priority is to be the best mother she can be. She has to live with the mistakes she has made, and how she has put the lives of other people in jeopardy but she has learned from all he mistakes. She has missed so much time with Tate.

Brady promises the judge that he did not murder Deimos; he has been sober for four months and attends meetings, and calls on the “Higher Power” daily. He has an amazing, amazing woman in his life whose love and encouragement have made him believe in himself again. Her love keeps him grounded and strong. They plan to marry very soon, and find a house together that will be filled with friends and family and love. Whatever Theresa’s reason was for leaving, he has been the only parent in his son’s life for the past year-and-a-half. He talks about the things he does for Tate that Theresa doesn’t even know about. He needs Tate, and Tate needs him.

The judge realizes that both parents love Tate and thinks it’s a shame they couldn’t come to an agreement. She rehashes the decisions Theresa has made and chides Brady for having his share of problems, as well. There are still unanswered questions about Deimos’ murder and Brady has no convincing reason as to why. The judge must consider the best interests of the child, and awards sole custody of Tate to his mother with the stipulation that she cut all ties with Mr. Jack Patrick Deveraux. She nods; Brady is in disbelief.

On the phone, Kate tells Stefan that Chad offered her a job at Titan. He wants her to be a mole for him, but she refuses until he threatens to tell the media that she and Leo concocted the lawsuit against Sonny so Chad could get the job. Kate assures him that Chad had no part in it, but Stefan doubts that Victor will believe it because Chad is a DiMera, after all. Is that a gamble she is willing to take?

Chad comes upon Stefan and asks if the really thought Kate would go to work with Stefan. Chad says Stefan must really envy him to have gone after everything he loves. Abigail runs up and asks what’s going on. Chad tells her he is trying to convince Stefan to get a life of his own. They leave.

Gabi talks about how she saw Chad earlier and they talked about her problem with Arianna. Abigail is sorry. “Quit apologizing,” urges Gabi. If she lies about the paternity, she would have Stefan out of her life. Abigail knows she is right, but hesitates telling Chad a lie. She needs some time to think, but Gabi reminds her that she is two months pregnant and can’t keep it a secret much longer. Gabi is there for her, always, and Abigail knows that listening to all this can’t be easy for Gabi. “I’m your friend; I want you to have everything you deserve,” says Gabi. (Editor’s Note: All this sweetness is making this old diabetic gal lightheaded.) “I can’t tell you how much that means to me especially after everything I’ve done,” says Abigail. “Don’t give it a second thought,” replies her friend. Hugs as Abigail leaves and Gabi has a satisfied smirk on her mug.

The engineer is on his way to speak with Steve and Kayla. Steve says it’s all thanks to Kayla, and he’s sorry for the quarrel with Stefan earlier. Kayla said Stefan can get under anyone’s skin.

Gabi has a flashback to the conversation with Kayla about her condition. As it continues, she recalls opening the envelope with the test results, and discovers that the child belongs to Chad. “You get away with everything, don’t you Abigail? Maybe not this time,” she surmises. Back to the present, Gabi has a satisfied look on her face.

Last edited:
Thanks, KathyLu.

I want to smack the judge. I know most judges give sole custody to the mothers,
but there wasn't enough evidence either way to have one parent have him. I
wish the judge could have have done joint custody.

Can Theresa allow Tater Tot to visit Brady? Or is that up to the judge?

Did Gabi find "Wite Out" on Kayla's desk to change the name from Chad to Stefan?

I think Stefan needs to find some of scar removal for his face. I wonder if Gabi's
face injury will heal as slow as his.

I thought it was interesting Gabi and Abby discussed doing "a Clyde" with the
DNA test results. Some of us call it "The Sami".

Justin and Eve both wonder if Victor had the drugs put in JJ's apartment. How
soon will Brady know Eve talked to Victor about doing something during
the custody hearing? And will it cause Brady break up with Eve?

I can understand Gabi wanting to hurt Abigail and Stefan, but why is she taking this route when it is going to hurt Chad as well? Chad has not done anything to her to warrant this.

Brady losing Tate is all on Eve. Had she not interfered and got Victor involved, Brady and Theresa could have worked out a joint custody agreement. Too bad the judge did not insist on joint custody for Tate. It would have been the best solution for all parties involved.

Call me crazy but I like this side of Gabi! The vengeful side is more entertaining to me than if she would just come back and be happy go lucky Gabi. I could’ve done without the paternity switch but seeing Gabi as a villain is great, prison can change people lol!!

I don't get it. Didn't Kayla tell Abby that she didn't know what the results were? And didn't she hand them to Abby in a sealed envelope? So how did Gabi manage to open the envelope, change the results and put them back into the envelope? And how did she change them? Did she just scratch out Chad's name and put in Stefan's? I'm getting real tired of intelligence and common sense being sacrificed for the sake of the plot.

Nahhh. The Chief of Staff left a patient in an unsecure office with tons of files available, and an equally uncaring nurse left the lab results in plain view of a patient. Heck, there was computer, printer, etc. Said patient only has to reprint the test results, having changed what they said, get another envelope, reseal, Voila! She probably easily got into the computer to change the results there as well. And of course, the patient is left in the room, for nearly an hour. Isn't that the usual way in every clinic, hospital, etc.?

Back