Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, November 5, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day in Salem finds Chloe at the gym when Daniel offers to give her a couple of pointers. Daniel comments on Chloe’s form and that she’s putting too much stress on her back. She is surprised Daniel has time to go to the gym and he says he does take a break every once in awhile. After showing her his stuff, Chloe gushes and wonders if there’s anything Daniel doesn’t know how to do and he replies he can’t sing opera. Chloe tells Daniel that Kate is lucky to have him for a doctor just as Philip walks in and says, “Maybe not.”

Tony wonders why Stefano is in such a good mood, and he tells Tony that it’s because he did his civic duty and voted. Tony says he knows Stefano has never been convicted of anything, but he didn’t realize that people like Stefano could vote, because he’s not above getting a little blood on his hands to swing an election.

At the pub, people are decorating for the party but Abe wants to keep things low-key since his opponent was murdered. Abe is haunted by Marino’s death; talks about the mayor’s wife and children and that he didn’t deserve to die. Lexie tells him they still need to have a party to celebrate his win and listen to his victory speech. She finally tells Abe about going to see Stefano and how she demanded he cut his ties with the mayor and Marino was found dead on his doorstep that same day. Lexie says she didn’t tell Abe because she was scared and she really had no proof that Stefano was involved in the murder. She is afraid she may have ruined things for Abe. Roman joins them and asks if everything is Okay.

Melanie is tossing and mumbling in her sleep as Nick watches her. She screams as she awakens, thinking someone is in her room. Nick is standing outside the door.

Bo says the charges against Nicole are not as airtight as he would like. They talk about the election and whether or not Abe will win. Bo brings his wife some hot chocolate and Hope wonders if he will continue to wait on her once he gets the police commissioner’s job. They talk about what Bo wants to do with the new job and there is some playful banter between the two. Hope thinks they should start by cleaning up the police department and getting rid of a couple of bad cops who may be on Stefano’s payroll. Bo agrees but says the police department has two murders to solve first.

Stefano denies that he had anything to do with the mayor’s murder and asks Tony why he should support Abe because they have never gotten along and he finds him to be an insufferable bore. He tells Tony how much he loves Lexie but that Abe has turned Lexie against him. He will be proud to have his daughter as Salem’s new First Lady and will dance with her at the inaugural ball. Tony says he shouldn’t get out his tux just yet. Tony asks if that’s why he had the mayor killed and Stefano says he draws the line at murder, Tony knows that Stefano would not have committed the murder himself but could have hired a hit man. Tony warns Stefano that he may be putting Abe’s political career at risk

Philip rants at Daniel, because he’s at the gym instead of at the hospital with Kate. Daniel assures Philip that there is another doctor attending his mother and Philip tells Daniel his mother is fighting for her life. Daniel explains about the chemo, its side effect and what to expect. He warns Daniel not to abandon Kate again.

Nick is downing even more pills as Melanie comes into the kitchen. She talks about having trouble sleeping and thanks him for not telling anyone about the note and he promises to always be there for her. Nick offers to make her breakfast; she declines; he gets an e-mail, and very excitedly tells Melanie because he has made her filthy rich.

Tony meets Lexie at the pub and notices that she seems a little sad. Lexie tells Tony that she confessed to Abe about her conversation with her dad and Roman and Abe have gone to confront Stefano. They go back and forth about her guilt and how she should let it go. Tony is concerned that she is torturing herself needlessly.

Chloe speaks with Philip alone and tells him he’s being a jerk. She says Daniel gave Kate the strength to fight, is a nice guy and Philip needs to give his mother credit for being a smart woman. Philip agrees he may have overreacted and she urges him to apologize to Daniel.

Abe and Roman tell Stefano they know about Lexie’s conversation with him. Stefano congratulates Abe and Abe says he has Stefano to thank. Stefano plays cat and mouse with Abe by insinuating that Lexie asked him to support Abe because he was so driven to win the election and would be devastated if he lost. A very angry Abe tells Stefano he can go to you-know-where. Stefano continues to toy with Abe by saying if Lexie had come to him for help would the public think Stefano is the monster for carrying out the dastardly deed or the man she made the request for.

Hope wants Bo to go home and change clothes for the party in case Abe announces his appointment to police commissioner that night. Bo tells Hope he’s not going to change just because he’s getting a bump in pay as Hope replies that he’s going to change a lot.

Philip apologizes to Daniel, gets a phone call and leaves. Chloe asks Daniel if he and Philip are friends again. Daniel understands Philip’s anger and that he is taking it out on him. She tells Daniel that Philip is very upset about Kate, and that they are very close. Daniel is sad that Kate got sick in the first place and Chloe asks if he really loves Kate.

Melanie says she’s going to be rich thanks to Nick. She’s glad he’s not contesting the will where her father left her share of his invention and she wants to celebrate. Nick says he is not just being generous, that Trent helped him and Melanie deserves a share.

Stefano insists he did not kill anyone but tells Abe that people will connect the dots from Stefano to Lexie to Abe. Abe says he would sell out his own daughter and take her down with him and that the one thing he has admired about Stefano over the years is his directness. Abe asks Stefano point-blank if he put a hit on the Mayor. An evasive Stefano says his gut tells him that Abe really doesn’t want him to answer that question. Roman tells Stefano that he will find the hit man and trace him back to Stefano’s doorstep. He warns Stefano that he is going down. Stefano tells Roman that he doesn’t want to explore the matter, because he would be opening Pandora’s Box if he does. He tells Roman to give his regards to Samantha and Roman leaves. Stefano comments to no one in particular that the democratic process is very interesting indeed.

Chloe apologizes to Daniel for asking if he’s in love with Kate and tells him she’s very impressed about how kind he was with Philip. Daniel only says that his relationship with Kate is complicated and changes the subject by asking about Chloe and Lucas. Chloe says her life with Lucas is good and domestic; that her life is different, and she’s lucky to have both Lucas and Allie but she misses singing, her exciting life in Europe and being able to travel. Daniel talks about how he misses surfing but some things have made him stay in Salem. Chloe asks if they can have their cake and eat it too. Daniel says they can. He asks if Lucas wants Chloe to give up her dream. Chloe says that Nicole says the same thing. They talk about how Chloe and Nicole have become very close. Chloe says she doesn’t have many friends, that Nicole is kind and caring. Daniel says Chloe is an acquired taste and she asks Daniel if he is acquiring the taste. Daniel says he definitely is. Chloe says Kate won’t appreciate Daniel’s fraternizing with the enemy but Daniel says he will make Kate see Chloe through his eyes; she’s talented, witty….

Melanie has made a cake to celebrate being rich and Nick happily licks icing off her finger as she giggles. Philip watches through the window and tells himself that Chelsea was right and that Nick does need to be rescued. Inside the house, Philip comments that Melanie has made herself at home and that he is not there to see her. He wants to talk about Nick’s invention. Philip says it sounds great but will never see the light of day.

Abe is back at the pub and a tearful Lexie apologizes to him. He tells Lexie he understands why she went to Stefano and that Stefano did not admit he ordered the hit on the mayor. Lexie still blames herself for the mayor’s death but Abe says the blood is on his hands because he set the whole thing in motion.

Bo is all dressed up in a suit but tells Hope he feels very uncomfortable. Roman chides Bo for wearing a suit and tie; wonders if his “Ma” dressed him as Bo tells Abe he thinks he’s looking at Salem’s next mayor. Abe reminds him that it’s not official yet just as Evan announces that Abe has won by a landslide and introduces Mayor Carver. Cheers! Stefano is congratulating himself for backing the right man as he toasts Abe’s win.

Previews
EJ asks Bo for his help in finding a missing Nicole.
The women tell Nicole that she’s the only thing they’re interested in.
Melanie tells Philip she knows why he came there.

The Chloe/Daniel scenes made me want to barf. He has poor, sick, old Kate on the string and he's already hitting on Chloe...and she's eating it up! Loved the ones with Bo and Hope. The actors are so natural together.

Thanks for the recap KathyLou.
Wonder whats going on with Nick? I must have missed somthing, since when has he been takeing these pills. And do we know what kind of pills?
Where is Nicole? EJ & Stefano are going to be real mad if anything happens to her while in the hans of the police.

So, if Trent "helped" Nick with his invention and knowing Trent he would have wanted a share in the credit/reward, I can understand Nick feeling that something is owed to someone. Shouldn't it be Max? The same Max who corrected Nicks calculations so that all of this was possible in the first place?

Great write-up! I'm confused on why Stefano thinks that Lexie turned Abe against him though...Abe has never liked Stefano...:confused:

I hate how they are making Nick look like a psycho. Aren't those some pain pills of when he was shot? A prescription from France? How is he getting it refilled over & over again?

Man, Doctor Dan just gets sleazier & sleazier. He needs to go!!!

So, if Trent "helped" Nick with his invention and knowing Trent he would have wanted a share in the credit/reward, I can understand Nick feeling that something is owed to someone. Shouldn't it be Max? The same Max who corrected Nicks calculations so that all of this was possible in the first place?

Nick seems to be thinking with the wrong head lately.

Thanks for the recap KathyLou.
Wonder whats going on with Nick? I must have missed somthing, since when has he been takeing these pills. And do we know what kind of pills?
Where is Nicole? EJ & Stefano are going to be real mad if anything happens to her while in the hans of the police.

Nick looked really weird today. It seems to me the pills have been added recently. Maybe that's why he looks so stalker-like. I keep looking for him to turn into a Jekyll/Hyde character.

There was only one small scene with Nicole in the previews and it looks like she's in a cell with some other female prisoners. When EJ couldn't find her yesterday, the guard told him she had been taken to the hospital, but she wasn't there. Maybe that yucky guard moved her. Anyone else find him creepy????

KathyLu, thank you. I think I'm going to have enjoyed reading your summary more than watching, as Daniel continues to show his character never changes.

yes, Daniel never changes, but what's up with Chloe? She seems to jump at the chance to be with any man who'll show interest in her.

Great write-up! I'm confused on why Stefano thinks that Lexie turned Abe against him though...Abe has never liked Stefano...:confused:

Actually, I transposed the names. It should have said that Abe has turned Lexie against him. Thanks for catching that, Jules4Days. I type the summary as I watch the show live and have to move fast. I try to make all changes/corrections during commercials but didn't notice that.

I see this really evil person pretending to be the real Nick. Maybe Nick's split is the dominant personality which is highly likely deleted

I definitely see this heading towards Nick having an alter ego....

By the way Blake is rocking this storyline. The way he can play Norman bates creepy and sweet at the same time is a talent.

Thanks for the write up I did not get to see the show yesterday. Sounds like it was a really good show. Did you get to see the pills that Nick is taking? I was hoping to find out what he is on

Melanie has made a cake to celebrate being rich and Nick happily licks icing off her finger as she giggles. Philip watches through the window and tells himself that Chelsea was right and that Nick does need to be rescued.

Ick. Double ick.

How is it that Stephano was able to vote? I ve always had the impression that he never became a citizen, especially in light of the recent story line where EJ was threaghtened for deportation because "the Dimeras" engaging in illegal activity. Even during that we had this long discussion about whether he was or was not a citizen, which they finally wrote an explanation into the script about that.

I thought the other mayorial candidate was shot and killed...?? So who was Abe running against...?? The dead guy...?? And they had to wait and see if he won...??

Actually, that did happen in Missouri, John Ashcroft was beaten by a dead guy for the U.S. Senate seat when his opponent died during the campaign....for real....the dead guy beat him.....

How is it that Stephano was able to vote? I ve always had the impression that he never became a citizen, especially in light of the recent story line where EJ was threaghtened for deportation because "the Dimeras" engaging in illegal activity. Even during that we had this long discussion about whether he was or was not a citizen, which they finally wrote an explanation into the script about that.

I thought the same thing...I was not aware that he was a citizen....

Hey, does anyone else think that maybe Nick is making this stuff up about the success of his project and maybe he wrote the letter himself just to get Melanie interested...????

Oh, well, could have had a 3rd party independent candidate, perhaps

Melanie says she’s going to be rich thanks to Nick. She’s glad he’s not contesting the will where her father left her share of his invention and she wants to celebrate. Nick says he is not just being generous, that Trent helped him and Melanie deserves a share.

I'm' thinking both Max and Nicole should share in the riches, Max because of his formula's and Nicole as the merry widow.

Back