Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 29, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 29, 2008

At the café Chloe comes upon Philip who’s been working on his laptop and seems rather distracted. He finally tells Chloe what’s happening with Kate and that she has lung cancer.

At the DiMera home, Nicole is meeting with a lady with plans to decorate the baby’s room. EJ walks in, and they fill him in on their plans. EJ asks to speak with Nicole privately.

At the safe house, Sami is on her cell phone making an appointment with someone to be there today, when her guard walks in and wants to know what she’s doing.

At the police station, Melanie is schmoozing Mr. Berman to get the letter from Trent. He makes her promise to share the letter with the police. As she starts ripping into it, Bo and Hope walk into the office and she tries to hide the letter in her purse. Bo plays cat and mouse with Melanie, because Mr. Berman had told him about the letter. Melanie lies through her teeth and tries to walk out, but Hope stops her. Bo asks for the letter.

Bo lets Melanie know that Mr. Berman was in on the game to see whether not she would tell about the letter. Bo says it proves that she’s not cooperating in the investigation. Hope isn’t buying the “poor me” act and Bo tells Melanie to give him the letter.

Nicole tells EJ she didn’t talk to him about the decorating because he’s been so busy, and she thought he might think it was too silly. She assumes EJ was mad at her because he wanted to talk with her but he isn’t mad at all. He says the redecorating is jumping the gun as she apologizes but he understands why she wants to do it. A smiling EJ says that before they talk about redecorating they need to talk about marriage. Nicole finds it hard to believe. EJ reiterates that he does want to talk about marriage. Nicole asks him if he wants to marry her, and he says it’s a possibility because she’s carrying his child. He thinks they need to make arrangements for what’s going to happen after the baby is born but Nicole is reluctant to talk about custody arrangements. After nudging him to do so, EJ talks about her beautiful eyes and sparkling personality. They both agree they want the baby to be happy and EJ says that’s why he’s talking about marriage.

The officer wrestles with Sami over the cell phone and wants to know why she’s calling the clinic. Sami is defiant, angry and complaining about having to be there. She continues to rant until she runs out of the room to barf. The officer offers Sami some ginger ale to settle her stomach. She wants him to take her to the clinic, but he refuses. Sami continues her harangue about really being sick and threatens to flush the guard’s cigars down the toilet as he leaves the room. As Sami drinks her ginger ale, a blindfolded man walks into the room. Sami complains about being examined by a blindfolded doctor and makes him show his license to prove that he’s a real doctor. She tells the guard to leave, so she can talk to the doctor privately. After he leaves the room Sami tells the doctor about her pregnancy.

Chloe sympathizes with Philip about Kate’s condition. Philip feels guilty for being relieved that Kate didn’t want Lucas and him to stay there during the chemo. Chloe tells him he shouldn’t feel bad about doing what his mother wants him to do and that people do beat cancer. She tells Philip that when she had cancer, she read everything she could on the subject, and she cautions him not to read too much on the Internet. While she goes on about how Kate is strong, Philip makes a crack about having the best doctor. Changing the subject he asks about Chloe and Lucas. He’s glad Lucas has Chloe to talk to. Chloe says she will be there for both the brothers and Philip tells her it’s not her concern anymore.

Melanie reluctantly gives Bo the envelope. He walks over and shows it to Hope, as Melanie wants to know what it says. Bo tells Melanie she can leave but she still wants to know what’s in the letter. Like a cat with a canary, Melanie chides Bo and Hope that they have no evidence against her. Bo says all he wants to do is find out who killed Trent. Melanie threatens to press charges if they don’t stop harassing her. Hope gives her the number to call so she can file a complaint. She tears it up, throws it on the floor and leaves. Bo finds another letter in the envelope. Later, a fingerprint check shows that evidently Trent did write the letter. Bo and Hope leave.

Chloe says she can’t turn off her feelings and is upset about Philip’s implication that she’s settling for Lucas. She says she’s crazy about Lucas, but also wants to be Philip’s friend. They smile and agree to be friends as Melanie walks in. Philip introduces the girls and Chloe forms an instant dislike to Melanie and leaves to find Lucas. Philip thanks her for the talk and Chloe advises him to ditch Melanie. Melanie tells Philip that his attempt to get her in trouble with the police didn’t work.

The examination over, Sami tells the doctor he can’t tell anyone about the baby. The doctor tells the guard that she’s not in immediate danger, but needs a good diet and regular exercise. He also explains that she needs follow-up medical care as the guard seems to object. Finally in a joking mood Sami tells the doctor about the guard’s cigar smoking, and the doctor chides him about it.

EJ talks about Johnny and all the upheavals in his life and how he worries when he has to hand the baby over to Sami. Nicole says that a lot of her problems could be solved by marrying EJ but she’s concerned about the power he may want over the baby because of Stefano. A laughing EJ is surprised that Nicole put someone else above herself and says that motherhood brings out the best in her.

Melanie tells Philip that Trent’s letter exonerated her and that she believes Bo and Hope are now going after the real killer. Philip wonders how Melanie can be sure she didn’t kill him herself. He says the only thing that will clear Melanie is if someone else claims to have killed Trent. Melanie takes off. Chloe is back and says Lucas wants to know if Philip is Okay.

Sami asks the officer to get her some pickles, but he refuses so she gets them herself. He doubts that she is really sick that he is onto her and that the games stop now. He tries to explain to Sami why they have to be careful but she still objects. He tells her he has been reassigned and that Sami will be getting a new guard. As Sami eats her pickle, there is a knock on the door, and it’s Sami’s new guard. As the first guard leaves, she introduces herself as Hilda ~Sami’s worst nightmare.

Nicole apologizes to EJ for thinking he’s like Stefano saying that he’s nothing like his dad. The doorbell rings, and it’s Bo and Hope who have come to talk to Nicole about Trent’s death and she tells him she has already told them everything she knows. Hope says they have new evidence and Nicole may be able to help them. They want to speak to Nicole alone, but EJ says he is her lawyer and he will stay. Bo wants to know what really happened the night of Trent’s murder.

As Melanie looks on, Chloe and Philip are still talking about the same things. She overhears Chloe talking about Kate having cancer. After Chloe leaves again, Melanie comes back to Philip’s table and says how sorry she is about his mother. She tells Philip she understands how he must feel, and he says it’s Okay.

Bo asks Nicole if the statement she made following Trent’s murder is the truth and nothing but the truth. He’s giving her the opportunity to amend her previous statement if she wants. EJ advises her to keep mum. Hope pulls out a copy of Nicole’s statement and asks her to sign it again with today’s date. EJ wants to know what they’re up to and Bo says they’re just following the rules. Hope says they have new evidence that Nicole lied. Bo wonders if Nicole ran into Trent after she left the pub that night. She swears her original statement is the truth and wants to know why they’re there. They wonder if she argued with Trent the night of his murder and Bo keeps pushing her to sign the statement. EJ accuses them of harassment, and Bo says they have proof that Nicole has been lying.

Previews:
Hilda tells Sami about the rules.
Lucas asks Daniel if Kate is going to make it.
Bo presents EJ with a search warrant for the DiMera home.

I can't believe EJ and Nicole are talking about getting married just because she is pregnant. He already made one mistake by getting her pregnant in the first place, so now he will make another by marrying someone he doesn't love (I know that some of you believe that he and Nicole are meant for each other - I just don't think he is in love with her). Seems like a set up for Sami to return with Baby EJ just as Nicole is walking down the aisle, just like Austin/Carrie. Dejavu

Thank you Kathy Lu. Haven't read it yet, but I know you'll do it justice, and I definitely appreciate the write up.
Edited to add: Yep, was right. It's a good write up. Definitely did justice with the parts I saw (last 20 min).

Thanks KathyLu!

Bo and Hope bugged me on today's episode. They really did seem like they were harrassing both Melanie and Nicole. I don't think a judge would have approved them "setting up" Melanie with the letter. Suppose she would have read it. Why didn't they just keep the real letter and give her a "dummy" letter, since it's important evidence. That made no sense.

I liked the scene between Philip and Chloe. They do seem to have forgotten the passionate kiss they shared before she went to Kansas City. Or at least they've chosen to ignore it. I'm ready for them to get back together.

Bo and Hope bugged me on today's episode. They really did seem like they were harrassing both Melanie and Nicole.

Didn't see the part with Melanie, but they were not harrassing Nicole. Setting her up, maybe, but not harrassing. EJ is supposed to be a top notch lawyer, so Bo and Hope were very by the book, giving Nicole ample opportunity to ammend her statements. Nobody said they can't enjoy their cat and mouse game.

I don't think a judge would have approved them "setting up" Melanie with the letter.

Why? If it is important to the case, I can see a judge approving of it.

Why didn't they just keep the real letter and give her a "dummy" letter, since it's important evidence.

I suppose they could have given her a "dummy" letter. However, from the recap, it sounds like they were keeping close enough watch on her to give her just enough rope to hang her with. The letter was not in danger, so why go through the trouble?

I have't seen the show yet..but hopefully ..they were acting like real cops...?? ..not sweet and friendly..and lets you know they mean business....?

I have't seen the show yet..but hopefully ..they were acting like real cops...?? ..not sweet and friendly..and lets you know they mean business....?

Yes, they were acting like real cops. At least with Nicole, Bo was a bit smug, and they both seemed to be enjoying "the game" a bit too much. But, hey, nobody said they couldn't have fun with thier job.

I have dearly loved Bo and Hope from that first kissing booth scene....but I have to agree with kpatch....their behavior has been very unprofessional and nothing like how a real police officer should be acting....I wanted to yell at both of them, "Just who in the heck do you think you are...???" They were definitely out of line with both Melanie and Nicole, the smugness and condescending attitude was not like the Bo and Hope I have always loved....plus, their behavior could most certainly cause some problems with the cases they handle.....tsk tsk tsk......

They have been acting as tho they are playing a game, and only the two of them know how to play, and so they are having their own fun at the expense of those they are questioning. They have no case against Nicole, as their "evidence" is as flimsy and circumstantial as what they had on Melanie, and even less than what they had on Caroline.
Can you see Law & Order, or Hill St. Blues even beginning to consider booking anyone on this evidence. Question yes, book.....nope. Boston Legal would have a field day with this in court.

Do the actors interpret the script and act this way or does the director make you act like that or is it 50/50? What I am trying to figure out is if they have any say in how they are behaving.

The only thing I know is there is not much rehearsal time.......which is why we read of some actors "running lines" with each other. Scenes are blocked ahead of time, so they know where they are to stand, how far they can move, etc.
I would guess a director would ask for "not too much anger", smile more, etc. I guess pros would be more prepared than newer actors, especially those who know their characters, and have paid attention to their storyline.

I think the dialogue is wrong for police and also for who the characters have always been....I don't remember Bo and Hope being such nasty smart you-know-whats.....
And as Poirot points out, they have nothing on Nicole, and why do Bo and Hope personally hate her so much...?? I don't remember them even having that much to do with each other in the past, but Hope's razor tongue is enjoying slicing this poor, frightened, railroaded pregnant woman to shreds, not like her at all....
And Melanie not giving the cops the envelope doesn't have a hill of beans to do with being guilty of murder (plus they never gaver her a chance to give it to them or not to give it to them)....the writers really dropped the ball on these scenes.....

Back