Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, September 17, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
John and EJ talk about Stefano’s party invitation and John wants to know whose side EJ is on now. EJ says he’s just curious and John wants to know if EJ knows what’s going on. John also wants to know whose side EJ is on now, and EJ says this is probably Stefano’s way of making peace. John says he’s just rubbing their noses in it.

At the Carver house, Lexie is looking at her invitation when Abe gets home from work. They talk a while about Theo, his autism and how they’re dealing with it. The subject switches to Stefano and Abe says he feels like going to Stefano’s house and tearing him from limb to limb when Lexie mentions the invitation. Abe wants to go and Lexie finds it unbelievable that he actually wants to. Abe says he only wants to find out what Stefano is up to when Lexie tears up the invitation. They have some conversation about breakthrough research at Harvard concerning dormant genes and interactive therapy for autism. They talk about Lexie’s problems at the hospital when Lexie gets a call reminding her about the Board of Directors meeting the next day.

The scene shifts back to the DiMera house as Sami enters and talks about how she was left stranded at the police station and was very surprised that Stefano showed up there. EJ wants to know what Stefano’s motive was. Stefano responds that he’s a “good guy” and Samantha needed his help…end of story. Sami proudly says she refused Stefano’s offer of help and a ride… that she took a cab home. A smiling John says that in the future Stefano needs to leave his step daughter alone. She says she had left several messages for John but Stefano showed up at the police station instead. John tells her he didn’t get the messages. Stefano says he only did it because it was important that everyone be there tonight.

In the foyer, EJ tells Sami he’s glad she did not take Stefano up on his offer of help. Sami tells EJ she wanted him to be there for her. EJ says it’s time Sami grows up and she needs a little tough love. EJ says she can be as erratic, destructive, as she wants to be, that all he cares about is his son.

EJ thanks Tony and Anna for being there and asks what it’s all about. A skeptical Tony wonders what “fahthah” has in mind. Stefano alludes to someone who is more ruthless than he is and that person is at fault for what’s been going on in the DiMera family.

John assures Sami he would’ve been at the police station if he had gotten the messages. Sami says she knows that. Sami moans about how EJ doesn’t understand her and that she appreciates John's standing up for her. John says Sami is the only one who “gets him” since Ava left. John warns Sami about Stefano and they walk arm in arm into the living room.

Stefano says nothing will spoil this family occasion that Abraham and Alexandra chose to ignore. Tonight will be something that none of them will ever forget. John seems to be having some kind of spell or seizure as he closes his eyes and holds his drinking glass to his head. Stefano is going on in the background when John tells him to cut the crap. Tony again wants to know what’s really going on. Stefano says it’s about something or someone they would never suspect. As Marlena enters the room, all eyes are on her.

Sami wants to know what Marlena is doing there and she says she got a message from John to meet him there. John says he didn’t send a message. Stefano admits that he is responsible for the ruse and that Marlena is the guest of honor. Stefano offers Marlena some champagne and she declines. John wants to know what Stefano wants with Marlena. Tony, Anna, EJ and Sami all threaten to leave unless Stefano gets to the point. Stefano replies that no one is leaving until they find out firsthand why his guest of honor has been brought there. Stefano says Marlena’s heart is blacker than his and that it is time that his family and Marlena’s know the truth about Dr. Evans. Marlena tells them him to go to heck and walks out. John follows her and asks her to stay.

Marlena says that Stefano is right and that she did do something terrible and talks again about how she put him in a coma. John talks about how Marlena lost her husband forever because of what Stefano did and that he got what he deserved. John wishes that Stefano was still in the coma because he hurt Marlena and that he would kill anybody that hurt Marlena again. A tearful Marlena says she’ll never get the man she loved back again, that she knows what Stefano is capable of and was afraid he would even hurt her children. John tells her not to feel guilty that she should feel empowered because she’s an incredible woman.

Stefano angrily calls Marlena a menace and that the whole world should know about it. Anna doesn’t believe Marlena did anything when Marlena walks back in and confesses that everything Stefano said is true. She admits to injecting Stefano with a toxin to put him in a coma and says she may just do that again.

Marlena says her conscience would not allow her to kill Stefano so she decided to inject him. Stefano remembers how he was a prisoner of his own body, and that Marlena tortured him in the worst way. Sami is proud of Marlena and says Stefano deserved it. Stefano asks Tony and EJ what they think about it and they say nothing has changed. Stefano says this is the final treachery and he is through with both of them. He puts them all on notice that vengeance will be his. John disagrees and says he’s putting his brother on notice right here and right now.

Marlena tells Sami that she feels much better after talking to John. Marlena apologizes for being so hard on Sami earlier.

John and Stefano are talking privately. Stefano is amused at what John said about putting him on notice. John orders Stefano to stay away from Marlena and to not breathe a word about what she did to him. Stefano says he cannot do that and Marlena made a huge mistake and she’s going to pay. John says if he thought it was war before Stefano should brace himself. Exit John. The DiMera brothers come back in to see a laughing Stefano and want to know what’s so funny. He says John is hysterical.

In the foyer, John seems to be having another seizure or spell. John tells Marlena he’s proud of her for standing up to Stefano. John says he has Marlena’s back and as long as he is alive, he will not allow Stefano to hurt her. If he so much as touches a hair on her head he will curse the day he was born.

Previews.
Roman is talking to someone at the police station.
Lexie and Daniel talk about the meeting.
EJ comments on Nicole’s drinking orange juice.

KathyLu

Kathy Lu

Thanks, it sounds like a really good episode.

I love it - Marlena a "menace"

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Well, KathyLu, we just truly appreciate your filling in for Poirot, and you did do a very good job of it! Now I'm going to go watch the show. Sounds like a good one.

"Marlena tells Sami that she feels much better after talking to John. Marlena apologizes for being so hard on Sami earlier."

Oh my gosh, this is why Sami will never change. Marlena, for the love of Pete, take a stand against Sami's ballistic behavior!

BTW, nice job KathyLu!

I just watched the show and found it entertaining. With all the cocktail party attire and the creepy music, it reminded me of the old horror soap, "Dark Shadows." I kept expecting Barnabus to walk into the room. :evillaugh:

Poor John, I'm not sure how well he is going to be able to stand up against Stefano or anybody else. He gives the appearance of a robot that is starting to malfunction. I hope enough of the old John wakes up and takes over in time to avoid a complete systems crash.

I agree with you KathyLu. They tell her like it is and how she should be responding then apologized to her for being so hard on her. When I was growing up and did something wrong and was called on it my parents never apologized for it after.
Thanks for the write up.

Oh, Kathy, great writeup. Thank you so very much. I saw the show in bits and pieces, and yes, I wish Marlena had not apologized to Sami. She was right on the first time.

I am leaving very early tomorrow a.m. Donna may do a short summary, if she can....You all enjoy. I will be back posting summaries next Thursday.

Thanks for the recap, a job wel done.:smile:
I just read the spoilers for next week and here we go again, Chelsea tells Stephanie she still has feelings for Nick. I hope they make Nick strong and he tells she blew her chance and get lost.
Oh why Marlena did you apologize to Sami? No wonder she is such a brat.
I sure wish tptb would find a new s/l for Stefano I'm so tired if his revenge threats. Deja vu.

KathyLu or Barb???

:clap: :clap: KathyLu, I didn't even realize you were doing the summary until I got to the end and saw your name - I thought it was Barb all along. This is a TERRIFIC compliment!!! You did a fantastic job - Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

The writers are so getting on my nerves. I was really enjoying the episode, finding it a bit creepy, wondering what Stefano would have to say...then it was something we already knew...sigh. I found it odd that it was presented as though EJ didn't know Marlena had injected Stefano. Wasn't he standing right by Sami's side when he found out the news while they were all in the hospital?

Also, I was amused that Marlena referred to Stefano's mental "facilities," when the expression really is "mental faculties." :D

Also, I was amused that Marlena referred to Stefano's mental "facilities," when the expression really is "mental faculties." :D

I get amused by Hollywood actors/actresses who get involved in causes and are high school drop outs. They should take time to educate themselves since they obviously have money. They get caught up on soapboxes of what the general public should be doing but have completely different rules for themselves.

N.H., while I agree with you on all of that, when it comes to grammar it is by no means limited to the "uneducated". Marlena's mistake could easily have been a slip of the tongue. What gets me is when journalists and writers botch it up.

Back